You Americans And Your Damned Greenbacks..

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You get jobs, we get trees. Hardly seems like a fair trade. Throw in some maple syrup and we'll call it even.:p

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
We bought a very nice plastic one many years ago: Can be reused next year and with small children much safer as it is not as heavy (tipping hazard), and the gravy is clean floors!

Edit: The big downside is that I like the smell of real Christmas trees and that is what I grew up with.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We bought a very nice plastic one many years ago: Can be reused next year and with small children much safer as it is not as heavy (tipping hazard), and the gravy is clean floors!

Edit: The big downside is that I like the smell of real Christmas trees and that is what I grew up with.
I hear you on the convenience. But, there's nothing like a real tree.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I hear you on the convenience. But, there's nothing like a real tree.
Nowadays it really is a convenience as the child is now a teenager (a grown-up according to her :D) so perhaps we'll buy a real tree this year. Not from Canada, though, as we live in Scandinavia ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
still love the smell of a 'real' tree but found out the wife has an allergy to them so had to go 'fake' a couple years back. They have gotten more realistic though and pricey. I still remember years back as a kid when those god-awful silver trees with the color light wheel were all the rage....yuck !

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You guys don't just go into the forest in your back yard and chop down a pine tree? I feel as if I've been lied too...:(

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You guys don't just go into the forest in your back yard and chop down a pine tree? I feel as if I've been lied too...:(
It's what one would do around here for the most part....either at one of the numerous farms or go poachin' :)

ps Personally haven't bought a xmas tree (always real tho), nor poached, in about 20 years now.....

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's what one would do around here for the most part....either at one of the numerous farms or go poachin' :)

ps Personally haven't bought a xmas tree (always real tho), nor poached, in about 20 years now.....
Wait, there's such a thing as a tree warden? How would they know where you got the tree? Do you have to have a tree license?

I did not know how complex this was...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wait, there's such a thing as a tree warden? How would they know where you got the tree? Do you have to have a tree license?

I did not know how complex this was...
Well the USFS doesn't consider themselves a free xmas tree farm....they do have rangers but will they find you in action? Odds aren't too good....

I know one guy who owns his own forests (one of the US' biggest landowners) and would do xmas tree cutting parties....went along once, we had a string of like 20 vehicles heading up to one of his parcels on Mt Shasta....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats f#%kers. You’ve ruined Christmas.:mad:Guess I’ll start shopping for my Festivus Pole.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I remember as a kid growing up in New York City my parents in the spring/summer would drive upstate New York a couple hours north of the city to a Christmas Tree farm. We would pick out a tree and tag it. Then go back a few weeks before Christmas they would cut our tag tree down, tie it up, tie it on the roof of the car and drive back to the city. My father would cut a inch or so off the bottom w/ fresh water in the tree stand. Set it up in the house and decorate. Great Memories

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
It was all a cover for the bodies he buried during those trips.:p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis