You Americans And Your Damned Greenbacks..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You guys don't just go into the forest in your back yard and chop down a pine tree? I feel as if I've been lied too...:(
As a young'un growing up in Newfoundland, my dad would go into the woods to cut us a tree. When I was old enough to wield an axe, it became my job. I grew up in the boonies, so the surrounding woodland was all crown land, so no worries about trespassing (most land in Nova Scotia is privately owned). Tree farms weren't really a "thing" there. Then, when I was old enough to handle a chainsaw, cutting firewood was my job. I understand some people like to cut their own Christmas tree for the novelty of it. That wore off for me many, many moons ago. If I'm paying for it, you'd better cut it and bail it for me.

And, it's primarily balsam firs we use for Christmas trees. Sappy and sticky as all get out. Smell nice though.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Jeramiah 10:2 and a couple of lines down you sinnin' heathen. I for some reason think you already know about that and choose idolatry. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
At least I know how to spell Jeremiah... :rolleyes:
I knew I should have checked that spelling but my sh!tposting is sometimes rushed.

Are you ready to sell your possessions* and follow me yet?

*Spellcheck be praised.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I knew I should have checked that spelling but my sh!tposting is sometimes rushed.

Are you ready to sell your possessions* and follow me yet?

*Spellcheck be praised.
Already done. Where we goin'?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"So Sayeth Sam Shepard, so weareth the Frock! Wait, that's not it. Forgive me and please, accept this flower.;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As a young'un growing up in Newfoundland, my dad would go into the woods to cut us a tree. When I was old enough to wield an axe, it became my job. I grew up in the boonies, so the surrounding woodland was all crown land, so no worries about trespassing (most land in Nova Scotia is privately owned). Tree farms weren't really a "thing" there. Then, when I was old enough to handle a chainsaw, cutting firewood was my job. I understand some people like to cut their own Christmas tree for the novelty of it. That wore off for me many, many moons ago. If I'm paying for it, you'd better cut it and bail it for me.

And, it's primarily balsam firs we use for Christmas trees. Sappy and sticky as all get out. Smell nice though.
We have similar stories except my youth was spent growing up rural New Brunswick.. Id go off into the woods and spend hours to find the perfect tree. Never had to use a blanket for support. I went for spruce trees as I liked the fuller needles. One thing I did notice was it was vert hard to gage the height of the trees in the great outdoors and always ended up lopping a foot or two off the bottom. :oops: Either that or pull off a Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
We have similar stories except my youth was spent growing up rural New Brunswick.. Id go off into the woods and spend hours to find the perfect tree. Never had to use a blanket for support. I went for spruce trees as I liked the fuller needles. One thing I did notice was it was vert hard to gage the height of the trees in the great outdoors and always ended up lopping a foot or two off the bottom. :oops: Either that or pull off a Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation.
Well, it's easier to cut some off than to put it back on. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis