Yamaha RX-A2020 delayed audio at power on

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Man, don’t forget to invite @3db and @M Code to the party! :D

Well, like I said before, I’ve given Denon 20 years of trial. I’ve only used Yamaha for 2 years, if we don’t include my awesome Yamaha Stereo Mixer for Karaoke. :D

Service: from what I’ve seen, Yamaha is way better.
Heat: Yamaha is way better.
WiFi Remote: Yamaha is 100% better.
WiFi Music Streaming from AirPlay: Yamaha is way better.
HDMI 2.0 compatibility: Yamaha is way better
Reliability: Only time will tell

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Well, like I said before, I’ve given Denon 20 years of trial. I’ve only used Yamaha for 2 years, if we don’t include my awesome Yamaha Stereo Mixer for Karaoke. :D

LOL couldn't resist and while M Code was already in the thread, thought 3dB had also posted but didn't. :) So what happened again with Acurus and Def Tec?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Huh...I noticed you didn’t say “sounded better”!!! Lmao

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Huh...I noticed you didn’t say “sounded better”!!! Lmao
I'm going to compare the Denon 4700 side by side with the Yamaha RX-A3080. That will be fun to discover the truth on sound. Specs are one thing. Actual use and sound are another. :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to compare the Denon 4700 side by side with the Yamaha RX-A3080. That will be fun to discover the truth on sound. Specs are one thing. Actual use and sound are another. :D
This is already Tainted

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Really curious to hear your thoughts. Can’t wait for the one man Yamaha marketing department to tell you you can’t hear right. Oh wait, you’re gonna probably toss the denon I the garbage after your experiment. Lmao.
Yamaha does make a fine AVR. Wonder how you’ll like YPAO vs Audyssey though.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Very much looking forward to your conclusions after comparing Yamaha and Denon.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
That Denon. X4700 just weights 30 pound, and Yamaha A3080 is 40+, as far as I know the yamaha has a much beefier amp looking at weights alone.

On top of that Sabre pro DAC would literally be better than what the Denon has in it.

But also the yamaha has way more sources for streaming, like Tidal, Amazon music, Napster.

But do let us know your thoughts and the results after thorough comparison.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Very much looking forward to your conclusions after comparing Yamaha and Denon.
Here is the pre-game evaluation of the Denon 4700 compared to the Yamaha RX-A3080. This detailed analysis shows the 4700 slightly ahead based on video features including 8K which still needs a fix due to chip issue.

More interesting are the features, dimension and weight differences:
Denon 4700
Width (inches)17.1875
Height (inches)6.5625
Depth (inches)15.9375
Weight (pounds)30.2

Yamaha RX-A3080
Width (inches)17.125
Height (inches)7.5
Depth (inches)19.375
Weight (pounds)39.9

The Yamaha offers more digital inputs plus XLR balanced preamp connectors for Fronts. It's almost 10 pounds more weight.

Yamaha Aventage RX-A3080 features Surround:AI artificial intelligence which in real time, automatically optimizes surround-sound performance for each scene in a movie or any piece of content. Surround:AI analyzes a scene's audio characteristics, focusing on soundtrack elements such as dynamic range, amount of dialog, the degree of sound effects, background music, and channel balance. Surround:AI then compares the scene's audio characteristics to a reference database of movie scenes and automatically processes the scene's sound to optimize performance. Surround:AI makes dialog intelligible in scenes with lots of background noise, delivers full-bodied sound for scenes with immersive sound effects, and ensures that you hear softly spoken dialog and soft background sounds.

To my knowledge, Denon has nothing like this but does offer Auro-3D. It will be interesting to see how these compare. Yamaha offers the ESS SABRE PRO Premier DAC™ES9026PRO while Denon uses an AKM DAC. The Yamaha supports more audio formats and offers up to 384 kHz/32 Bit while Denon is restricted to 192kHz.

Audyssey and YPAO multi-point measurement will be interesting to compare using UMIK-1 and REW graphs as well as simple A/B listening Tests.

Should be fun.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
That Denon. X4700 just weights 30 pound, and Yamaha A3080 is 40+, as far as I know the yamaha has a much beefier amp looking at weights alone.
I don't think you can guarantee a more powerful amp solely on weight. The DACs are different as well as audio formats.Denon supports quite a few streaming services. The main one they are missing is Qobuz support with Denon apps. But you can get around that issue with other apps like Audirvana.

My questions are how will REW measurements vary? Will Surround:AI offer any notable upgrade? Does the ESS 384kHz/32-bit SABRE PRO premier DAC offer a different sound? How does HEAT compare? How do my speakers react to each receiver? Is there any real value to any of the 24 Yamaha DSP programs offered? If each system is configured with the maximize desired preferences - how do they compare?

Last edited:
S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I want to give the Yamaha fanboys a further heart attack. My RX-V663 I am ready to pitch in place for an MRX-740 when that unit becomes available.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I want to give the Yamaha fanboys a further heart attack. My RX-V663 I am ready to pitch in place for an MRX-740 when that unit becomes available.
That there is a big leap to a much better audio I suppose, but also price.

Not comparable.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL couldn't resist and while M Code was already in the thread, thought 3dB had also posted but didn't. :) So what happened again with Acurus and Def Tec?
Acurus - TLS Guy scared me about no protection circuits
DefTech - You know how I feel about having amps INSIDE speakers and subs. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis