What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Masters again today and tomorrow. Also NFL football tomorrow, Go Steelers!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I rented this when it came out; would probably re-watch via a purchase of the 4K disc...

How's the picture quality? Any instances of freezes or dropouts?
If you have an ATMOS setup you will want to watch the 4K version of "MIDWAY". It's one of the most immersive ATMOS movies I have watched. Examples: Doors slaming loud in the rear speakers, depth charges on either side of you as you travel in a sub hunting carriers. The airplane dog fights are amazing along with the giant guns firing away on the ships. This movie really shines in the ATMOS dept.

Highly recommended. My subs were shaking the room and the overall sound was superb. I was only at 65 on the Denon 4700 volume and the sound was HUGE with my 7.2.4 ATMOS configuration. All of this for $10.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
We'll be watching Dejavu, 2nd time for me but the wife hasn't seen it yet. Very good movie IMO.
I love this movie. My first time seeing Paula Patton too. Instant fan. Seeing her and Denzel again in that 2 Guns was kinda fun.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Hunt for Red October, followed by Crimson Tide tonight.

Finishing off Veteran's Day week tomorrow with 4K Schindler's List.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
If you have an ATMOS setup you will want to watch the 4K version of "MIDWAY". It's one of the most immersive ATMOS movies I have watched. Examples: Doors slaming loud in the rear speakers, depth charges on either side of you as you travel in a sub hunting carriers. The airplane dog fights are amazing along with the giant guns firing away on the ships. This movie really shines in the ATMOS dept.

Highly recommended. My subs were shaking the room and the overall sound was superb. I was only at 65 on the Denon 4700 volume and the sound was HUGE with my 7.2.4 ATMOS configuration. All of this for $10.

Oh, I'm sure it rocked in the audio department...I'm not set up for Atmos yet, so all these advanced soundtracks default to their lossless TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio tracks.

But I was asking about the video quality of the transfer; I've read that many people have had issues with the UHD disc...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis