Help / alcolves issue

F

Frankie67

Audiophyte
Hello new member here.
Any advice on how to eliminate or alleviate reverberation for floor speakers (Wilson audio Sophia) placed inside a T-shape library?
Attached is a picture of the current setup.
I generally move the speakers out of the alcoves when I listen to music, which improves the sounds, but if there's anything else that I can do in order to optimize SQ that would be great.
I will definitely change the rug and am also considering placing a bass trap in one of the corners.
Thanks in advance.
F.

Hifi Setup.jpg

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
Can’t you leave them in the spot that sounds the best ? If you could, I would add isolation spikes sitting on top of pucks on the hard floor in order to help with isolating them from the wooden floor. That does have some affect , in a positive way on the sound of them. But the best thing to do is to get a microphone and use REW software and run some test and find the best spot for the sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

Frankie67

Audiophyte
Can’t you leave them in the spot that sounds the best ? If you could, I would add isolation spikes sitting on top of pucks on the hard floor in order to help with isolating them from the wooden floor. That does have some affect , in a positive way on the sound of them. But the best thing to do is to get a microphone and use REW software and run some test and find the best spot for the sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I could but due to wife etc, I would love to have the option to put them back when I dont listen to music. Speakers are currently standing on top of marble slabs. I'm planning to try and put spikes below the speakers and put felt pads under the speakers. Does that make sense?

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
rubber (an elastomer) absorbs the sound energy and limits the transmission of energy into the floor. Felt does not work nearly as well. Spikes limit the transmission by narrowing the point of contact as well as elevating the speaker. A combination of both to help air gap the speaker would be the best of both worlds.

F

Frankie67

Audiophyte
Thanks. The issue I see with rubber is that speakers wouldn't be easy to move back and forth into the alcoves.

F

Frankie67

Audiophyte
What type of material if any shoud I put inside the alcove to minimize riverberation?
What ype of rug?
Bass traps?

Thanks guys...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
What type of material if any shoud I put inside the alcove to minimize riverberation?
What ype of rug?
Bass traps?

Thanks guys...
Clap your hands- if you hear echo that repeats quickly, it's due to the path of the sound and the reflections, as I wrote on Facebook. Deal with the sounds that are easy to fix by adding larger rugs (even temporarily).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis