T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
That was a discussion above about a nurse in full virus battle gear examining a young child in school who had a stomach ache, and how she was over dressed was the comment posted, frightened the child. Too many nurses have died to this virus who apparently didn't dress up enough, more or less my point. :)
This all just sucks

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I would have ( worn it) too . given the alternative.. I do feel for the little girl though.. She musta thought she was gonna die
I am surprised that someone from the school office didn't brief her about it perhaps, calm her down.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
The Pfizer vaccine data shows it to be more than 90% effective. Announced this morning:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
A 'rona update from my side of the screen. All of my family have been careful and, considering the contagious nature of the virus, very lucky that nobody had contracted it - until last week. On Sunday, the 1st, my ex wife/current girlfriend and our two wee daughters went to her sister's house for a "Mystery Dinner Theater". I politely demurred because, well, football. Monday morning, my ex/current received a text from her sister (the sister is a nurse BTW) that she had tested positive (unclear if it was professionally or socially contracted). A mandatory 14 day quarantine was immediately instituted because, of course, the girls attend school and the ex/current is a school teacher.

On Tuesday, they went in for testing and got the results within 36 hours. The results were: ex/current, negative; nine-year-old, negative; seven-year-old, positive. My littlest one may have had symptoms but she took a nap and is over it. The older one had sniffles but it may have been allergies. My ex/current had dizziness/ringing ears/fatigue and she lost her senses of smell/taste for a day. I will be taking her in for a new test (she needs the documentation for school) this morning and will myself get tested tomorrow as, though I do not live with them (a situation that will be changing next month) I did spend time at the house to help my ex/current out. So... there it is.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
A 'rona update from my side of the screen. All of my family have been careful and, considering the contagious nature of the virus, very lucky that nobody had contracted it - until last week. On Sunday, the 1st, my ex wife/current girlfriend and our two wee daughters went to her sister's house for a "Mystery Dinner Theater". I politely demurred because, well, football. Monday morning, my ex/current received a text from her sister (the sister is a nurse BTW) that she had tested positive (unclear if it was professionally or socially contracted). A mandatory 14 day quarantine was immediately instituted because, of course, the girls attend school and the ex/current is a school teacher.

On Tuesday, they went in for testing and got the results within 36 hours. The results were: ex/current, negative; nine-year-old, negative; seven-year-old, positive. My littlest one may have had symptoms but she took a nap and is over it. The older one had sniffles but it may have been allergies. My ex/current had dizziness/ringing ears/fatigue and she lost her senses of smell/taste for a day. I will be taking her in for a new test (she needs the documentation for school) this morning and will myself get tested tomorrow as, though I do not live with them (a situation that will be changing next month) I did spend time at the house to help my ex/current out. So... there it is.
Your story is anecdotal reinforcement of what I've been reading for awhile now: that private gatherings are the most widespread and potent spreading mechanism. And one which the politicians have almost no authority over. People have to believe and personally act to nullify this threat for the next year while a vaccine is distributed.

Note that the Pfizer vaccine I just posted about requires two doses, and that the 90%+ effectiveness isn't achieved until one month after the second dose. 2021 will be a COVID year too.

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The Pfizer vaccine data shows it to be more than 90% effective. Announced this morning:

These are preliminary results. The study is ongoing, but this looks positive.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Your story is anecdotal reinforcement of what I've reading for awhile now: that private gatherings are the most widespread and potent spreading mechanism. And one which the politicians have almost no authority over. People have to believe and personally act to nullify this threat for the next year while a vaccine is distributed.

Note that the Pfizer vaccine I just posted about requires two doses, and that the 90%+ effectiveness isn't achieved until one month after the second dose. 2021 will be a COVID year too.
You may be right ( I certainly won't say you're wrong), but the scientific community seems to think that "superspreader" events are driving the ever-rising numbers.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
You may be right ( I certainly won't say you're wrong), but the scientific community seems to think that "superspreader" events are driving the ever-rising numbers.

Interesting article. As the initial cause of spreading this theory seems plausible. For the subsequent (and more widespread) spreading it still seems like most community transmission is caused by private gatherings. The local infectious disease experts seem to think so. For one thing, the number of private gatherings must be in the hundreds of thousands or more every day. As we walk through our neighborhood many evenings we see several homes with people sitting only a few feet apart on patios and not wearing masks, talking and drinking. I suppose because they're outdoors they think the virus won't spread. It's more difficult to see what's going on indoors, but you can see many street parked cars in our area on weekends. I'm supposing our community is typical of what's going on across the country.

highfigh

highfigh

If only that guy had decided "ya know what? I'm not gonna eat that undercooked bat today" or whatever
"I thought that Pangolin looked like a big Artichoke".

1604936226371.png

highfigh

highfigh

Interesting article. As the initial cause of spreading this theory seems plausible. For the subsequent (and more widespread) spreading it still seems like most community transmission is caused by private gatherings. The local infectious disease experts seem to think so. For one thing, the number of private gatherings must be in the hundreds of thousands or more every day. As we walk through our neighborhood many evenings we see several homes with people sitting only a few feet apart on patios and not wearing masks, talking and drinking. I suppose because they're outdoors they think the virus won't spread. It's more difficult to see what's going on indoors, but you can see many street parked cars in our area on weekends. I'm supposing our community is typical of what's going on across the country.
These events are happening all over the World? That proves people truly are stupid everywhere.

I can imagine Americans, running through the streets shouting "It's not just us! It's not just us!".

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
These events are happening all over the World? That proves people truly are stupid everywhere.

I can imagine Americans, running through the streets shouting "It's not just us! It's not just us!".
I don't know about everywhere, but where I live I can directly observe the stupidity. Statistics from elsewhere (e.g. Europe and the Middle East) do seem to indicate we are not the only stupid ones.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know about everywhere, but where I live I can directly observe the stupidity. Statistics from elsewhere (e.g. Europe and the Middle East) do seem to indicate we are not the only stupid ones.
Agree! That said, your current Administration is in it's own special category of stupid.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

I haven't read Scientific American in a while, mostly because a few articles struck me as silly or dumb, but this article in that same issue you referenced about whether the universe is a simulation or not reminded me why I dropped my subscription. I wonder why it is that some astrophysicists are convinced that the universe has to have an intelligent creator? Of course, Neal deGrasse Tyson, who seems to be the most famous advocate of the simulation theory, was a protege of Carl Sagan, whose novel "Contact" directly implied the universe had an intelligent creator.

But I digress...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Agree! That said, your current Administration is in it's own special category of stupid.
Oh yeah. Apparently Trump to planning to hold more super-spreader rallies even though he has almost assuredly lost the election.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis