For the love of god or whoever … VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trochetier

Audioholic
Biden win does not mean much as long as R's hold majority with Mitch with the gavel. If Senate flips in January from the GA special elections it may mean something, but Dems are notoriously undisciplined they don't tow the line even if that benefits the citizens.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Could be. Hard to know what's true with drumphy since he lies so regularly about so many things. He has confirmed using mail ballots previously. If he did vote in person what irks me, like his idiotic golfing trips, is we paid for it.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Reminds me of this I saw earlier
Might be painful, but not as painful as the news outlets the last time- they were dumbfounded and couldn't understand how they could be so wrong. This time, they were wrong again, just not AS wrong. This was the closest race I can remember.

I enjoy the election process, just not the way it has been lately. It takes too long, they spend far too much money and if they were to think about how much that money could have done for people, they should puke, but they never will.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Biden win does not mean much as long as R's hold majority with Mitch with the gavel. If Senate flips in January from the GA special elections it may mean something, but Dems are notoriously undisciplined they don't tow the line even if that benefits the citizens.
How do you tow a line?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
The press “calle
Can they actually call the election if some votes are still to be tallied?

Asking for a friend.
The press (starting with the AP) “called” the election. As much as they think they can - and should- they cannot. The electoral college certifies the election and with the court challenges from President Trump, it will not be certified for a while. After Gore challenged the Florida results in 2000, it too something like 34 days until that election was certified. We are in day 4...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might be painful, but not as painful as the news outlets the last time- they were dumbfounded and couldn't understand how they could be so wrong. This time, they were wrong again, just not AS wrong. This was the closest race I can remember.

I enjoy the election process, just not the way it has been lately. It takes too long, they spend far too much money and if they were to think about how much that money could have done for people, they should puke, but they never will.

Definitely a close race and more caution about premature information. We'd need quite a bit of change, particularly from the republicans, for any meaningful improvement in the voting process (since they're largely trying to limit voting access and controls). There should be no money, no purchased advertising....or swamp.

highfigh

highfigh

The press “calle

The press (starting with the AP) “called” the election. As much as they think they can - and should- they cannot. The electoral college certifies the election and with the court challenges from President Trump, it will not be certified for a while. After Gore challenged the Florida results in 2000, it too something like 34 days until that election was certified. We are in day 4...
I was never asking about the press- as much as they like to think they're the official word, I know they aren't but Biden has already made speeches as the 'winner', which I think is premature.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not this year- check out the link I posted.
I already responded. I do remember several weeks in advance he was indicating he would be mailing in...think it was even a family announcement/confirmation. Doesn't really matter now anyways. He had voted by mail in the past, tho.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I was never asking about the press- as much as they like to think they're the official word, I know they aren't but Biden has already made speeches as the 'winner', which I think is premature.
Agreed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll be glad to go back to being pissed off if the results are overturned....but you drumph voters just keep on keepin' your hopes alive! Sending you thoughts and prayers, LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

Definitely a close race and more caution about premature information. We'd need quite a bit of change, particularly from the republicans, for any meaningful improvement in the voting process (since they're largely trying to limit voting access and controls). There should be no money, no purchased advertising....or swamp.
One side always blames the other, even if their side is guilty, too- each side just does their thing in different ways. Some of the mailers I received were total BS. The dog catcher (Gov Evers) here in Wisconsin wanted all mail-in voting and I have a problem with that. With the absentee and mail-in ballots where I am (a bustling community of about 13,000 adjacent to Milwaukee, the Mayor here went on Next Door and wrote than ~75% of ballots were already in after someone asked (for the millionth time) if early voting was going to happen. When I went to City Hall, I was in & out in less than 5 minutes.

highfigh

highfigh

I'll be glad to go back to being pissed off if the results are overturned....but you drumph voters just keep on keepin' your hopes alive! Sending you thoughts and prayers, LOL.
If it's over, it's over. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it unless my life turns to shyte because of the results. The part I hate is the fact that I can't actually like any of the candidates. Some sound OK at first, then they slide off the track and go into the woods.

How dare you think about me ! o_O

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If it's over, it's over. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it unless my life turns to shyte because of the results. The part I hate is the fact that I can't actually like any of the candidates. Some sound OK at first, then they slide off the track and go into the woods.

How dare you think about me ! o_O
Well if your life turns to shyte you have only yourself, not the president, to blame. Likeability is fine but perhaps overrated, and the last four years of the most unlikeable person imaginable in the WH will make anything different a welcome change.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well if your life turns to shyte you have only yourself, not the president, to blame. Likeability is fine but perhaps overrated, and the last four years of the most unlikeable person imaginable in the WH will make anything different a welcome change.
if he was so 'unlikable' then why was the election so close ??

highfigh

highfigh

If that's true, why did so many people freak out because Trump was in office? The lowest minority unemployment in 50 years, we DIDN'T get into any wars, we became a net exporter of oil, gas prices are two bucks less than when Obama left office, inflation has been low the whole time, etc. NO country has done particularly well against COVID and the way it's being reported is BS. At first, it was almost impossible to be tested, now, the US and other countries are testing more than 6 times as many people, but the death rate is far lower than the tests would indicate. Sure, we see more positives, but with more testing, that SHOULD happen. CDC and WHO changed their minds a couple of times and that hurt everyone. It didn't help that Trump doesn't have a clue about science. I don't know of anyone who actually likes him, but some good things came during his time in office.

The overreaction by the Left didn't help anything, either. You guys completely lost your poop over that last election.

How are the protests going in your neck of the woods? (Serious question, not trying to start anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis