S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Wait? I do t remember you installing any height speakers. Did I miss that?
Still waiting for @snakeeyes neener!!!
Ya this one has been a ongoing battle on the home front. If I’m opening holes in the ceiling, how do I spin that as progress towards fixing up the house to sell? I was planning to do it while she was at work but you know, COVID happened and she never leaves the house. She will be going back to work in Jan sounds like. LOL :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
By the way, anyone knows what is the size of the Caps? 12000hzs? in that Denon 3600? hope so cause them lil caps that Yamaha put in their new V6A 8200hzs :rolleyes:. Good thing I got a sub or bass would've been like pop, pop bass. lolo

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ya this one has been a ongoing battle on the home front. If I’m opening holes in the ceiling, how do I spin that as progress towards fixing up the house to sell? I was planning to do it while she was at work but you know, COVID happened and she never leaves the house. She will be going back to work in Jan sounds like. LOL :)
Lolo.,

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Like these height speakers?

but is it wrong that I have these other cantons sitting in wait? LOL
53B9E6DC-93AB-42E8-88B8-EB3998DB190C.jpeg

D4EC091D-46FB-4DFB-BF13-812C64593A2F.jpeg

D97832F4-8B15-4950-B913-83A3CB7D5E82.jpeg

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Ya we have the same exact center speaker. :)

I’m just stuck in a 5.1 world at the moment . Want to get to 5.1.4 soon. LOL :)
im 5.1.2 but will be hanging that extra set of AR-800’s on the back wall soon enough. Grabbed them used for a great price. Just need to pull the wire down the wall. The 830.2 will be replacing the surrounds soon. Think I figured out a way to get them going sooner without having to build wall mounts right away. Will be working on that this weekend hopefully.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve experienced heat failures on computers before. It’s a bitch! Still, I’ve only seen conjecture in regards to AVR’s. Again like I said to snake, I think fans are great. Just never seen proof that it helps an AVR live longer.
Pro audio amplifier manufacturers want their products to be reliable for a long time, because musicians, large venue administrators and cinema theater owners depend on them. They include cooling fans in them. They can be frequently driven into clipping, and I'm sure overheating output transistors and delicate IC circuits wouldn't last long without those fans.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well depends. If you’re gonna sell(didn’t know that!), and include the “theater”, then that’s an easy sell. If not, we’ll I guess it’s different. I can’t see it taking more than half a day though. Besides, it’s your house too right? And what has she done to sell it???? :Foot tap: lol
Going through this whole COVID thing, I’m soooo glad to have installed my c34e’s already. You’ll get there brother.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
im 5.1.2 but will be hanging that extra set of AR-800’s on the back wall soon enough. Grabbed them used for a great price. Just need to pull the wire down the wall. The 830.2 will be replacing the surrounds soon. Think I figured out a way to get them going sooner without having to build wall mounts right away. Will be working on that this weekend hopefully.
Right those all have the matching tweeters. Should sound great!

As far as Atmos, I’m convinced it will end up being fun to do the in ceiling thing so I looked at the RSL measurements and they look excellent, even though the tweeters won’t exactly match my other 5 speakers.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Shush, yamahas lack Inner detail, think like them old H/K AVRs. ""warm" sounding :rolleyes:. No but really I am gonna pick up that 3600 gotta see for myself. I more likely will lose @AcuDefTechGuy, as a friend. Lolo
If you lose him for that, he’s not a friend you want! Lol. Damn, that’s shitt I tell my kids. Lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pro audio amplifier manufacturers want their products to be reliable for a long time, because musicians, large venue administrators and cinema theater owners depend on them. They include cooling fans in them. They can be frequently driven into clipping, and I'm sure overheating output transistors and delicate IC circuits wouldn't last long without those fans.
Agreed. All
My pro amps have/had fans. It’s part of the engineering. The point that AVR’s don’t have them(some of my older ones did) is a mystery. Maybe D&M or Yamaha don’t consider heat vs longevity. But I can’t believe their engineers haven’t considered heat. So either it doesn’t matter, or they don’t care! What do you think?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well depends. If you’re gonna sell(didn’t know that!), and include the “theater”, then that’s an easy sell. If not, we’ll I guess it’s different. I can’t see it taking more than half a day though. Besides, it’s your house too right? And what has she done to sell it???? :Foot tap: lol
Going through this whole COVID thing, I’m soooo glad to have installed my c34e’s already. You’ll get there brother.
Well she really does enjoy the theater room 5.1, as well as the living room 3.2 setup. I ran zone2 to the garage where the treadmill is and that works great for her too. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Shush, yamahas lack Inner detail, think like them old H/K AVRs. ""warm" sounding :rolleyes:. No but really I am gonna pick up that 3600 gotta see for myself. I more likely will lose @AcuDefTechGuy, as a friend. Lolo
Lol. I did audition some HK AVR’s a long time ago. Have to say, I did find them to be “dull?” Can’t say I remember the test conditions very well. But I took an Onkyo home after that.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed. All
My pro amps have/had fans. It’s part of the engineering. The point that AVR’s don’t have them(some of my older ones did) is a mystery. Maybe D&M or Yamaha don’t consider heat vs longevity. But I can’t believe their engineers haven’t considered heat. So either it doesn’t matter, or they don’t care! What do you think?
I believe some of the more recent D & M AVRs have fans at the bottom, as did the NADs many years ago. But I was told that the NAD fans often failed.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You are wise Mr. Cleaver, you are just wise.
Lmao! Just can’t help myself sometimes. My kids hate getting into debates with me. OTOH it makes them quick thinkers. THAT could backfire lmao!!!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I believe some of the more recent D & M AVRs have fans at the bottom, as did the NADs many years ago. But I was told that the NAD fans often failed.
Well THAT won’t help much lol.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You know it doesn't matter to me what anyone gets. If 99% of all members get Denon, I wouldn't mind. If people buy Bose, I still wouldn't mind. :D

You gotta do what you feel is the right decision at the time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed. All
Quite a few avrs have fans....they may not work as well as needed tho

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis