Headphones for mostly gaming

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I’m looking at an extended furlough from work and my wife would appreciate some sleep so I’m in the market for a decent set of headphones in the $100-$200 range. I said mostly for gaming (no mic needed) but great music ability with good bass. This is a three part question.

Headphone suggestions $100-$200?

I sit 12’ from receiver so I think I’ll need 18’ cable at least, is that a big issue?

Marantz SR5014, does it have a good enough headphone amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm that is great for both music and gaming for me, but I'm not using an extension cable and it is connected to an USB DAC. They are also available in 32 Ohm and 600 Ohm. There is a Pro version that is the same except for a tighter headband and a curly cord.

The DT880 are open back.

E

ebrartin

Enthusiast
In your budget SteelSeries Arctis 7 Lossless looks nice. 24 hours of power and extreme clarity under $200

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There are some new Sennheiser for gaming just released. Getting great reviews.

I've not played games for quite a while but for me an external microphone worked well when I did. I recently bought a gunshot microphone (Rode Videomic NTG) that is much lighter than the Rode NT1 that I have, and can be used on camera as well as a boom (which I do). Bought it for using my Fuji X-T2 as a webcam :)

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
With your budget and wife in mind I would recommend Beyerdynamics DT770 as they are closed back and wont leak so much sound. If you don't mind sound leaking then I would recommend Sennheiser HD598/HD599. Both of these cans are great for gaming and music and most likely you won't find any better in said budget unless you find some nice deal for something more expensive. If you prefer heavier bass then the DT770 is better choice but if you prefer more neutral sound the Senns are better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis