S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Due to where I live, I am told that I should be notified this evening and get the unit, a SVS SB-3000 by Tuesday! Fast service!
And I just got the tracking number. Fed Ex says tomorrow!

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Right at the moment, I am still waiting for the upgrade to come from FedEx for the subwoofer. But in the mean time I am listening to just the LX-16's from Martin Logan. They are sweet sounding speakers. For what they are they are very good and clean and neutral sounding to my ears. However I am not hearing the very low end due to their nature. I am waiting for the replacement sub to see how good SVS is after people have talked about it with me.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Waiting sukks....
The good news is that very soon you will be pretty well amazed!

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
And I got it. Way better than the Pinnacle 100 that it replaced. In fact, the guy who helped me place this beast said my old driver in the Pinnacle was failing. The SB 3000 on the other hand rocks!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You all dragged me to the dark side.....(piratical laughing maniacally!)
Yep! Welcome to the club.
The bad thing is, now you can never go back! Once you get a taste of pure clean linear controlled bass...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This?

I suspect that’s what mazer was talking about. Even the pb3k would be more than the SB but for your near field music system, you won’t want for anything.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
In this thread I did mention I was getting a Paradigm Defiance X12 subwoofer for my 7.1 surround system and compare it to the SB-3000 on my 2.1 system. As far as the subwoofers are concerned the ported X12 works wonderfully in the living room and the SB-3000 is perfect for the office. To my ears, I cannot tell the difference as both will shake the room, and the base is well defined. Using the movie Avatar, there is plenty of base in the sound track and either on the LX-16/SB3000 on the computer or the Yamaha/x12 in the living room I still get massive base response. I hope my neighbors don't mind!

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
Oh, the 800F and the 45C Paradigms also work wonderfully with the Mini Monitor v5 and the ADP-190's I have. IMHO it is a perfect balance. And yes I have surround sound processing going on.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis