What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Brake upgrades are usually my first choice. And, I NEVER skimp out on tires!

All the power, speed, handling in the world is nice, but you better be able to stop when you need to!

Drilled/Slotted rotors, performance pads, braided brake lines, will do wonders! I have found I can get this stuff delivered to my door from rockauto.com, and not really much more cost than the economy crap from the national auto parts stores. And, the performance parts have a longer life too, so you really come out ahead on the $ in the long run.

And, brake upgrades are a big driver to start looking at bigger rims, to handle bigger rotors.

EDIT: I treat my mountain bikes the same. Bigger rotors, Shimano Hydraulic Brakes, tires run from ~$50 to $100 a pop!
I thought it a little bit of a reckless splurge at the time, but I never could get over the improvement from replacing the brake lines with braided stainless steel on my Yamaha Seca 650 and (later) XS1100 motorcycles! Ever since having those, any other brakes felt spongy as the lines balloon under hydraulic pressure! The feedback feel is excellent!
I'd consider this the priority upgrade for any motorcycle!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I thought it a little bit of a reckless splurge at the time, but I never could get over the improvement from replacing the brake lines with braided stainless steel on my Yamaha Seca 650 and (later) XS1100 motorcycles! Ever since having those, any other brakes felt spongy as the lines balloon under hydraulic pressure! The feedback feel is excellent!
I'd consider this the priority upgrade for any motorcycle!
I did a similar clutch upgrade when I had my 1985 300zx.

So, hydraulic clutch....but there is a little expansion chamber/damper just before the slave cylinder that is specifically there to soften the feedback. The clutch always felt mushy, no feedback, didn't really engage until it was near the end of travel at the firewall, just a poor design for a sports car!

A little trip to the Z Clinic, talking to them, and bought some parts. "Yeah, that's how these stock clutches feel, and it sucks".

The fix is remove the stock bent hydro line, install a braided line with banjo bolts, bypass the damper.

MUCH better feel, feedback, performance after that.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Brake upgrades are usually my first choice. And, I NEVER skimp out on tires!

All the power, speed, handling in the world is nice, but you better be able to stop when you need to!

Drilled/Slotted rotors, performance pads, braided brake lines, will do wonders! I have found I can get this stuff delivered to my door from rockauto.com, and not really much more cost than the economy crap from the national auto parts stores. And, the performance parts have a longer life too, so you really come out ahead on the $ in the long run.

And, brake upgrades are a big driver to start looking at bigger rims, to handle bigger rotors.

EDIT: I treat my mountain bikes the same. Bigger rotors, Shimano Hydraulic Brakes, tires run from ~$50 to $100 a pop!
Oh yeah, I already did the brakes! I get mine from RockAuto as well. And I never skimp on tires either, they're the most important safety item in my eyes. Sadly, most car manufacturers don't share that view. All my Accords came with god awful tires. No traction at all as soon as there was any inclement weather. I got rid of them real fast after my first snow storm experience. The OEM ones were stupid expensive too, something like $400 a tire. Basically the most expensive tire in that size. The only "good" thing about them were that they'd last 80k miles if they didn't kill you first.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Received Friday from Audio Advice. Pro-Ject Power Box S2
Replaces the wall wart which came with the Debut Carbon Esprit SB turntable

IMG_2869.JPG
IMG_2870.JPG

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Received Friday from Audio Advice.
How do you like working with Audio Advice? They seem like decent dudes and good to work with I like posting their videos I think they're pretty informative

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Oh yeah, I already did the brakes! I get mine from RockAuto as well. And I never skimp on tires either, they're the most important safety item in my eyes. Sadly, most car manufacturers don't share that view. All my Accords came with god awful tires. No traction at all as soon as there was any inclement weather. I got rid of them real fast after my first snow storm experience. The OEM ones were stupid expensive too, something like $400 a tire. Basically the most expensive tire in that size. The only "good" thing about them were that they'd last 80k miles if they didn't kill you first.
Lol "if they didn't kill you first" so very true about tires. Cheap tires Will get you killed. Never Compromise when it comes to tires on any vehicle.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thrift day. Might be the best haul in a while. Tony Orlando hits on Vinyl unopened! Blade Runner The final cut I used to own now I have a copy again! ZZ Top 2CD hits! Aretha! Elvis Christmas! Cirque DuSoleil! Just look at all the goodies! Frampton Comes Alive Deluxe! Truly lucky.
36EBEFA4-E713-4C2D-AB2B-003C24932ED7.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
JG look what I found finally on SACD mint! Thing is worth over $100 or more on auction sites. Hmmm...
Truly got lucky on this pouring awful rainy day in Fl.
9E17D3A9-25F3-41AB-9488-29BDAF0B1134.jpeg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Erin's amp.

I do have a couple of ridiculously large subs to try out once I get about half the letters of the alphabet seen to ... T/S, DATS, etc

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis