Denon Owners Thread

surfacetension

surfacetension

Audioholic Intern
For my part just my quirky sense of humor. But I was quite serious about that being one reason I wouldn't consider this for myself.
Ah I thought you might actually be expecting criticism for that take, which would be crazy to me because it's completely valid, for that price every single HDMI port should be 48Gbps 2.1.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You guys are such party-poopers.

First @Gmoney c/o the A110 NOT having any Balanced Inputs/Outputs like the RX-A3080.

Then, @PENG c/o the A110 NOT having enough power output compared to the AVR-5308.

Now @tealcomp c/o the A110 NOT having enough HDMI 2.1 Inputs (only 1 Input).

Jeez, so hard to please. :D
It won't even wash the dishes.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm still waiting for the price of the avr x4500 to go down, or for the Yamaha rxa 2800 after the new models come out to go down. That's not happening right now like it usually does though.
The Refurb. X4500-H is $200 higher than it was in Feb. :D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Some of us may remember this is not the first time Denon pulled one like this. Remember the 100th year anniversay AVR-A100 that was a AVR-4311CI with suit and tie? Though that wasn't even a flag ship model at the time, the AVR-4810CI was.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
The Refurb. X4500-H is $200 higher than it was in Feb. :D
Not to butt into this thread bit I started a conversation with you yesterday about pics of my basement. I found my thread i created in the subwoofers thread. Didn’t know if you had seen it

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I bought my 4500 from listenup, I believe they’re based in Colorado. I paid 1050 brand new, well at least that’s what the guy was telling me when I talked to him. I asked him several times if that was brand new or if it was refurbished. It definitely looked brand new when I got it but maybe he lied to me idk. Just thought it was odd because that was the cheapest I found it for, it was only that price for a few days on their site.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I bought my 4500 from listenup, I believe they’re based in Colorado. I paid 1050 brand new, well at least that’s what the guy was telling me when I talked to him. I asked him several times if that was brand new or if it was refurbished. It definitely looked brand new when I got it but maybe he lied to me idk. Just thought it was odd because that was the cheapest I found it for, it was only that price for a few days on their site.
If new would come in an unopened Denon factory box....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
When the HDMI fails it can be used as a foot warmer, and Alexa could be useful for turning up the heat.
Oh, the sarcasm keeps pouring in on this Denon Owners thread. :D

Somebody talk about the $20 Audyssey App and SINAD of >100dB and THD 0.0007% or something. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yamaha dealer guy starts Denon thread then wonders about sarcasm? :)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I've got a 4500, need to look into buying the app. Still think that it should be included with your purchase, though.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've got a 4500, need to look into buying the app. Still think that it should be included with your purchase, though.
Yeah that for the consumer is weird, assume some corporate weirdness is behind that decision.....

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Question on the Denon 4500. The sound modes under music and movie are the same, Are the the same sound? Or is the curve different ? If they are the same, why the redundancy?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Question on the Denon 4500. The sound modes under music and movie are the same, Are the the same sound? Or is the curve different ? If they are the same, why the redundancy?
They works sort of like memory buttons such that each memorizes the sound mode you previously selected.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
They works sort of like memory buttons such that each memorizes the sound mode you previously selected.
Exactly! I set music up as Stereo, Movie as Auro-3D, Game as Multi-Channel. Then I can just tag the button instead of waiting for the slower drop down menu selection method.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis