Denon Owners Thread

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I might have started a few "owners" threads, especially when I was moderator. :D

Back when I owned all Denon's, especially the Denon AVP-A1HDCI and AVR-5308, I thought there was a Denon Owners Thread, but I cannot find it.

It seems a lot of AH members own Denon's, so Denon might be the most popular AVR brand on AH.

@Gmoney texted me yesterday telling me about the 110 YEAR Anniversary Denon AVR - the AVR-A110, which retails $5,500, which is the same MSRP as the Denon AVR-5308CI that I bought over 10 years ago.

I started the Yamaha Owners thread since I now own all Yamaha. But I might as well start a Denon Owners thread. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hadn't noticed it doesn't have Bal-outs?
Good catch, Mike.

I think most manufacturers don't like to include XLR Inputs or XLR Outputs on their AVR.

For example, the Audio Control AVR-9 is $6,200. Yet, it doesn't have a single Balanced XLR Input or Output.

The $6,000 Arcam AVR30 or AVR850 AVR's don't have a single Balanced XLR Input or Output.

Even some separates pre-pros like the Rotel 1576 don’t have XLR outputs.

I think Yamaha might be one exception since the Yamaha RX-A3080 has both Balanced XLR Inputs and Balanced XLR Outputs.

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This is basically an updated and dressed up AVR-X8500H. It can't compare with the 5308 except the 5308 is outdated on the features side.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
This is basically an updated and dressed up AVR-X8500H. It can't compare with the 5308 except the 5308 is outdated on the features side.
Yeah, not the same power output, at least 2Ch.

AVR-5308: 339W x 2Ch 4 ohms
AVR-A110/ X8500: 256W x 2Ch 4 ohms
RX-A3080: 294W x 2Ch 4 ohms

T

tealcomp

Audioholic Intern
And it still cannot seem to manage more than one 8K input? That's a big pass for me ;) especially for the inflated pricing. Putting on my flame retardant now..

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You guys are such party-poopers.

First @Gmoney c/o the A110 NOT having any Balanced Inputs/Outputs like the RX-A3080.

Then, @PENG c/o the A110 NOT having enough power output compared to the AVR-5308.

Now @tealcomp c/o the A110 NOT having enough HDMI 2.1 Inputs (only 1 Input).

Jeez, so hard to please. :D

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
$1500 extra to still not include more than a single HDMI 2.1 input. Give me a f'n break Denon, you must be joking.

T

tealcomp

Audioholic Intern
HA, isn't that what we do is point out the obvious oversites? Wait until Amir gets ahold of it..our comments may seem tame in comparison.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
HA, isn't that what we do is point out the obvious oversites? Wait until Amir gets ahold of it..our comments may seem tame in comparison.
, I can see his lil Pink Panther sitting on top of Denons flagship AVR with the shoulder shrugging, hands turned up. It does have a big power supply and from what I read they are saying it should output 100 in surround for all channels.
A8DC2DEF-A616-45A1-A1B4-1E126D43F680.jpeg

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, there's always that possibility that his $20 dongle measures better. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You might not like how picky he is when he measures gear, but that's no call for you to make fun his dongle!
Show some class!

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Wasn't that dongle made by Apple? If so, no wonder Apple reaches the trillion dollars company status before Microsoft did, based on market capitalization. All because of Amir's push on the popular ASR forum.:D

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
You guys are such party-poopers.

First @Gmoney c/o the A110 NOT having any Balanced Inputs/Outputs like the RX-A3080.

Why are the power rating at 4 ohms used when the popular opinion on AH seems to be leave the receiver set at 8 ohms?
Then, @PENG c/o the A110 NOT having enough power output compared to the AVR-5308.

Now @tealcomp c/o the A110 NOT having enough HDMI 2.1 Inputs (only 1 Input).

Jeez, so hard to please. :D

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I'm still waiting for the price of the avr x4500 to go down, or for the Yamaha rxa 2800 after the new models come out to go down. That's not happening right now like it usually does though.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
It would be nice to upgrade my 2016 model to a current AVR-S960H. I still have some to go with my stash fund. Like $400 or $100 a month into the stash fund.

surfacetension

surfacetension

Audioholic Intern
And it still cannot seem to manage more than one 8K input? That's a big pass for me ;) especially for the inflated pricing. Putting on my flame retardant now..
Why the flame suit? This is a perfectly valid criticism and the first thing I thought reading about it.

T

tealcomp

Audioholic Intern
For my part just my quirky sense of humor. But I was quite serious about that being one reason I wouldn't consider this for myself.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis