everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
BTW, you never showed me you Subs!
Hmmmph.

:p
When I get back to that house, it's coming. I've been stuck here since Aug 8th last year after back surgery and then COVID-19. You will probably get pics of the BMRs before lol

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
above.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
When I get back to that house, it's coming. I've been stuck here since Aug 8th last year after back surgery and then COVID-19. You will probably get pics of the BMRs before lol
*sighs

;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Jim's pic is cleaner as I took mine on setup before the subs came and fingerprints everywhere lol
But you can see the perforated cone of that Eton in yours.

Did you get to hear them before you bought? the Mids, that is, the AT vs Eton?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
That's with the Eton Mid, right?
Yes. I definitely like it, but the AT driver is equally good, slightly warmer and if I understand correctly can handle a bit more power. Before I left them I was running every thing thru them I could and they do not like bad recordings at all.

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
Thank everyone for their discussions.
I met with Jim Salk earlier today. My decision is to go with SS 9.5's and new center that he is making that will complement it best!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I met with Jim Salk earlier today. My decision is to go with SS 9.5's and new center that he is making that will complement it best!
Nice! Any info you can give us on the new center?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Welcome to Club Salk!!!

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
new center will have the Be tweeter and midrange as in the SS 9.5. I forget the exact size of the woofer; will be WTM config. He has completed the testing and showed me the frame of the new center, but did not have an assembled one. I'm holding on preorder for it until officially ready.
He also has a new tweeter that he just received from manufacturer that is AMT. It protrudes from the speaker , is almost a semicircle config and has about 160 degree dispersion as a result. Has not done any testing on it whatsoever, so does not know if it will ever be incorporated, but seems eager to test it.
(I hope that I used right terminology; still a novice)

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
From further discussion with Jim, it appears that the new center will be somewhat similar to the SS 7C.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No reason to reinvent the wheel over a new tweeter. Curious of they updated the mid and woofs or not. ;)

B

Bruce53

Full Audioholic
He reccommended getting something simple and not going with a really expensive one.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis