Status
Not open for further replies.
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
But every day with the Drumpf is a gaffe.
Windmills? Really?
A LAW & ORDER President pardoning or commuting sentences of convicted felons associates?
Sharpy-Gate?
Drink Bleach?
"Bing-bing-bing?"

As Southpark so eloquently framed it:
1597241323675.png

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I think people are forgetting that Trump is slowly breaking down the democratic system. Picking sides out of party loyalty will eventually lead to the fascist society under dictatorship. Trump has broken so many laws and told more than 20,000 lies to the American people in addition to propping up the Republican party that openly welcomes foreign interference in order to win elections. This is beyond whether Biden can wipe his own ass, Kamala will take care of that. It's about the literal state of the union. George W was dumb as a door knob but never attempted to dismantle democracy or purposefully divide the country. Social media and Fox News are digging his supporters so deep into some alternate reality bizzaro world that these people are forever lost. Did the Mexican invasion ever happen? Holding the country hostage to pay for something he promised his elitist friends on Fox News in not what a leader does. Anyone not voting for Biden is a pig and needs to have their patriot card revoked. Not because we need Biden to lead, it's because we have to stop this downward spiral Trump and his GOP put us into. Anyone other than Trump needs to lead. In fact, since the Republican party in general has become so entirely corrupt, they need a reboot too. In 4 years Americans can decide if they want to keep Biden around. I would rather have that choice than the possibility that Trump might somehow undo term limitation and burn everything to ground entirely.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think people are forgetting that Trump is slowly breaking down the democratic system. Picking sides out of party loyalty will eventually lead to the fascist society under dictatorship. Trump has broken so many laws and told more than 20,000 lies to the American people in addition to propping up the Republican party that openly welcomes foreign interference in order to win elections. This is beyond whether Biden can wipe his own ass, Kamala will take care of that. It's about the literal state of the union. George W was dumb as a door knob but never attempted to dismantle democracy or purposefully divide the country. Social media and Fox News are digging his supporters so deep into some alternate reality bizzaro world that these people are forever lost. Did the Mexican invasion ever happen? Holding the country hostage to pay for something he promised his elitist friends on Fox News in not what a leader does. Anyone not voting for Biden is a pig and needs to have their patriot card revoked. Not because we need Biden to lead, it's because we have to stop this downward spiral Trump and his GOP put us into. Anyone other than Trump needs to lead. In fact, since the Republican party in general has become so entirely corrupt, they need a reboot too. In 4 years Americans can decide if they want to keep Biden around. I would rather have that choice than the possibility that Trump might somehow undo term limitation and burn everything to ground entirely.
Screw the parties, the candidates are where we need to aim our votes but calling people 'pigs' (and far worse) doesn't help ANYTHING. Also, Democrats and their far left cousins need to see that the Left is easily as corrupt as the far Right, but their denial is so strong that it seems impossible. Screw the media, too- they and social media are responsible for the rancor in the World and it could lead to more than one country hacking another.

Biden IS NOT a good candidate, for several reasons. If you haven't seen them, you're blind or in denial.

Neither side has a good candidate- if someone can come up with a viable 3rd party option, I'm all ears.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well said.

This right here is why I'm voting Biden and I'm willing to eat as much crap as I need to until things can turn back around

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm Kind off hoping once Biden gets elected it's like a country song if you play it back in reverse

Tarrifs go away.... we start rebuilding trust with our allies.... things simmer down with China...... we get a better response to the pandemic..... riots stop happening..... my dog comes back to life...... my favorite ex comes back..... my port fetish goes away.... Okay well maybe not that last one

highfigh

highfigh

It is probably much easier to list the gaffes Trump did not do than make a very, very long list of his gaffes.
Probably. Our elections take too long, cost too much and there's so much extraneous info that it takes forever to find the truth- the media can't be trusted, on either side. Media used to be far more impartial- I would like to return to "Report the news, leave your personal BS out of it and verify the information".

The problem, as I have mentioned, is that the ones we need don't want the job and the ones who want the job aren't the ones we need. We have more personal freedoms than other countries and it's great, but too many have taken that to mean we should be free to do anything, even if it means killing others, or worse.

I know we have disagreed on things but my thought is this- people disappoint me because they could do the right thing, but don't. This is almost always by choice and that's where I have a problem- they justify their actions, even if they did something absolutely horrendous. I blame people, others blame things like guns that make it possible to kill. That debate will likely never end until people find a solution to the people problem, which is basically anger. I understand why some are angry, but others are looking for reasons to be angry, rather than looking at things more logically and coming up with good solutions. Rioting and the damage that comes with it have a high cost, not only financially (insurance doesn't cover "civil unrest") and the end cost drives prices higher. Any insurance paid raises everyone's rates because, as we know, insurance companies aren't there to make friends, they exist to make money. Also, the victims of the rioting develop anger toward the rioters and that just prevents solutions. During the looting that occurred here in June, a shoe store lost an estimated $700K in merchandise- they aren't sure if they'll reopen and the thing that the rioters forgot is that this store is IN their community and they're the reason the store was at that location. Same thing happened to a neighbor of mine in 1967- they burned his store after looting it and he had been there for decades, serving more than one generation of customers- if they had been dissatisfied, they wouldn't have bought from him. That location was demolished and stands vacant, even now.

Anyway, it's not only POTUS who's causing problems- Congress needs to be re-tooled, IMO. Term limits, end lobbying, stop allowing people to use their time in government as a career/a way to become wealthy and influential once they leave office (if they actually leave). I also think social media like Facebook, Instagram and others need to disappear unless the users agree to be far more civil to each other. I don't mind a disagreement, but I also don't think it needs to be completely wimpy, either. People need to act like adults, not angry children- being able to fire off an angry reply in seconds is great, but people need to look at what they write before it ruins friendships and other relationships. They also need to go back and edit their comments, once they have had time to cool down.

highfigh

highfigh

Well said.

This right here is why I'm voting Biden and I'm willing to eat as much crap as I need to until things can turn back around
In the past, people didn't tell others who they voted for. It prevented a lot of arguments. The adage "Never discuss politics or religion while drinking" should be considered.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Probably. Our elections take too long, cost too much and there's so much extraneous info that it takes forever to find the truth- the media can't be trusted, on either side. Media used to be far more impartial- I would like to return to "Report the news, leave your personal BS out of it and verify the information".

The problem, as I have mentioned, is that the ones we need don't want the job and the ones who want the job aren't the ones we need. We have more personal freedoms than other countries and it's great, but too many have taken that to mean we should be free to do anything, even if it means killing others, or worse.

I know we have disagreed on things but my thought is this- people disappoint me because they could do the right thing, but don't. This is almost always by choice and that's where I have a problem- they justify their actions, even if they did something absolutely horrendous. I blame people, others blame things like guns that make it possible to kill. That debate will likely never end until people find a solution to the people problem, which is basically anger. I understand why some are angry, but others are looking for reasons to be angry, rather than looking at things more logically and coming up with good solutions. Rioting and the damage that comes with it have a high cost, not only financially (insurance doesn't cover "civil unrest") and the end cost drives prices higher. Any insurance paid raises everyone's rates because, as we know, insurance companies aren't there to make friends, they exist to make money. Also, the victims of the rioting develop anger toward the rioters and that just prevents solutions. During the looting that occurred here in June, a shoe store lost an estimated $700K in merchandise- they aren't sure if they'll reopen and the thing that the rioters forgot is that this store is IN their community and they're the reason the store was at that location. Same thing happened to a neighbor of mine in 1967- they burned his store after looting it and he had been there for decades, serving more than one generation of customers- if they had been dissatisfied, they wouldn't have bought from him. That location was demolished and stands vacant, even now.

Anyway, it's not only POTUS who's causing problems- Congress needs to be re-tooled, IMO. Term limits, end lobbying, stop allowing people to use their time in government as a career/a way to become wealthy and influential once they leave office (if they actually leave). I also think social media like Facebook, Instagram and others need to disappear unless the users agree to be far more civil to each other. I don't mind a disagreement, but I also don't think it needs to be completely wimpy, either. People need to act like adults, not angry children- being able to fire off an angry reply in seconds is great, but people need to look at what they write before it ruins friendships and other relationships. They also need to go back and edit their comments, once they have had time to cool down.
Heeeyyyyy Buddy not that your not making some good points buy let's take it one thing at a time

First TRUMP

THEN

We save the friggin world

Whaddya say?!!! You with me!!??!!

:D :):oops:

highfigh

highfigh

I'm Kind off hoping once Biden gets elected it's like a country song if you play it back in reverse

Tarrifs go away.... we start rebuilding trust with our allies.... things simmer down with China...... we get a better response to the pandemic..... riots stop happening..... my dog comes back to life...... my favorite ex comes back..... my port fetish goes away.... Okay well maybe not that last one
Tariffs never go away- they help to balance trade when a country uses unfair tactics and they're a very old concept. Look into the past and you'll see that they were needed in many cases. However, they have also caused foreign manufacturers to build plants in the countries that imposed the tariffs, like Japan when they were kicking our ass in electronics, cars and some lumber products.

Remember- good behavior can't be legislated.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In the past, people didn't tell others who they voted for. It prevented a lot of arguments. The adage "Never discuss politics or religion while drinking" should be considered.
Agreed but your my audioholics buddies nothing is gonna tear us apart

We have something others don't

No matter how pissed we get at each other Shady will put out a new review. One of us will make a new purchase someone will find a great soundtrack or new speaker or Sub

And all will be forgotten and well all love each other again and live happily ever after
:D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Tariffs never go away- they help to balance trade when a country uses unfair tactics and they're a very old concept. Look into the past and you'll see that they were needed in many cases. However, they have also caused foreign manufacturers to build plants in the countries that imposed the tariffs, like Japan when they were kicking our ass in electronics, cars and some lumber products.

Remember- good behavior can't be legislated.
But but but

You can't tariff everybody

I mean this dude pretty much has a tariff on everyone

There's gotta be something wrong with that picture

I think he put a tariff on me just last week

Something about a port violation :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

But but but

You can't tariff everybody

I mean this dude pretty much has a tariff on everyone

There's gotta be something wrong with that picture

I think he put a tariff on me just last week

Something about a port violation :rolleyes:
Some tariffs have ended, others have changed. Take a breath and look at the facts.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Nationalism is when someone

Some tariffs have ended, others have changed. Take a breath and look at the facts.
Ummm if you can't tell I've been joking around bro maybe you need to take a breather?

No disrespect

This is serious but I refuse to lose my sense of humor about things if you lose the best parts of you what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis