Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Fukk yeah!
I want to admonish him for not testing, but if I'm being honest about it, if I drove 2 hours and saw 2 shiny, brand-new looking PB3000s at that price, in their original boxes with all the paperwork I'd have a hard time not doing it... :oops:

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
So I just picked them up from the parking lot. Super nice guy, had his 8 year old son with him. Things are immaculate. Have the paperwork, about to head home. I’ll have them hooked up in about 3 hours. I’ll send the update. At that price I just had to pull the trigger.......
YOU SUCK!!! Wait till you hear these Beasts

I should say wait till you Experience these Beasts

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Congrats!! I’m not sure if listening to the subs matches the fun of getting a hot deal :)

enjoy I’m sure they will be fine

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
UPDATE!!!!! They are good. I haven’t run REW or anything yet, or subcrawl. My whole front is disorganized because I just got Cantons, so I need to rearrange and space everything out, but subs are now covered for $1200.......

Thanks for everyone’s advice!!

Attachments

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
P.S. they are insane!!! Compared to my F12’s it’s night and day.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
UPDATE!!!!! They are good. I haven’t run REW or anything yet, or subcrawl. My whole front is disorganized because I just got Cantons, so I need to rearrange and space everything out, but subs are now covered for $1200.......

Thanks for everyone’s advice!!
Woo hoo! We have a winner! Happy for you man. Congrats! Your excitement is coming through, lol. You got a great deal on those and yeah, they're legit. I would be perfectly happy with a pair of those even in my big room.

Now begins the fun of positioning and dialing everything in. With such nice subs I think it's worth taking the time to carefully run setup and learn how to do accurate measurements so you know what's going on in your room. REW/Umik and a MiniDSP are what I use. Now, the 3000 does have an app so you can adjust fr? I've never gotten to play with one so I don't know how flexible they are. Do they come with a setup mic too?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Next Purchase before you go all Audyssey on us.

Room Treatments!!!

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Thank you everyone for your shared excitement. I’ve been scouring craigslist, FB, eBay, etc for sub deals with 200 miles and it finally paid off.

Basic setup is next for sure. I need to get my towers positioned properly and then onto the subs. I haven’t dealt deep into the app yet, but it sure is convenient so far. No set up mic, but I did get a UMIk mic, so I will run REW and grabbing a mini dsp to get these things right. Then acoustic treatments and likely a Denon 4700.....Again, I appreciate everyones help on this forum you guys have been great.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Now begins the fun of positioning and dialing everything in. With such nice subs I think it's worth taking the time to carefully run setup and learn how to do accurate measurements so you know what's going on in your room. REW/Umik and a MiniDSP are what I use. Now, the 3000 does have an app so you can adjust fr? I've never gotten to play with one so I don't know how flexible they are. Do they come with a setup mic too?
Which miniDSP do you use and how do you use it with your Umik/REW?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
JMO move those Speakers out 12" from the end of the TV Screen

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I want to admonish him for not testing, but if I'm being honest about it, if I drove 2 hours and saw 2 shiny, brand-new looking PB3000s at that price, in their original boxes with all the paperwork I'd have a hard time not doing it... :oops:
Yeah. Me too. Especially if the guy is cool and legit, and it seems like he was. It’s a good enough price to seem like a scam, but most of the time you can smell those guys a mile away.
Yep. I would have pulled the trigger too. Great subs.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Have to admit, that display is driving me NUTS up there. I would at least invest in a drop down TV mount. Ime off screen pans in a situation like that are totally disconnected and distracting.

Side note. Again. Fukk yeah! Great score on the subs.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Its the perfect storm that I need to find is someone who has the subs I want who just upgraded and is willing to take what they can get to get rid of the "Old" ones. I seem to have missed a couple of those recently finding the Ads after they have sold :) Congrats on this pair! That's great

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Don't think he's got 3' to work with. Unless the Subs go to the Inside
Agreed. Although it was a slightly arbitrary number, it does look tight in there. Maybe subs could go a little bit down the side walls? Do we know the dims? I could have missed for sure lol.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
i did not buy a minidsp yet, I was waiting until I got better subs. I did just get the mic and REW last weekend and played around a little. I will deep dive into it this weekend and order a minidsp (probably the HD one).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a MiniDSP 2x4 HD. I use REW and the mic to measure the room, then I'll have REW generate a set of biquad filters and apply it to the input section of my mini. Sweep again to see how close it is, then I'll do a little more manual tweaking in the output section to dial it in even better.

Before I did anything tho, I moved stuff around while doing sweeps with no correction and no filtering (pure direct) to find the best spot possible for my subs and speakers before applying anything. The closer you can get it with a little positional eq the better, easier and less invasive the adjustments and corrections are.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis