Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I’m driving to Baltimore to grab them, he has the paperwork from SVS. He wanted to meet in a Home Depot, I’ll tell him I need to hear them. What should I be concerned about?
Did you ask the seller why he was selling them? What did he reply? At the price asked, it could be stolen stuff.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
He said that he already had them boxed up and he took them into work with once I told him I wanted them, so I could meet him right after. He wasn’t like no, but he definitely prefers not too. He has all the paperwork including the receipt from SVS. How concerned should I be?Could I just be getting an awesome deal? The guy does not seem shady at all. What could be wrong with them that SVS wouldn’t handle under warranty? If o don’t get to hear them, anything besides cosmetic I should be looking for? I assume check out the surrounds.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
He said that he already had them boxed up and he took them into work with once I told him I wanted them, so I could meet him right after. He wasn’t like no, but he definitely prefers not too. He has all the paperwork including the receipt from SVS. How concerned should I be?Could I just be getting an awesome deal? The guy does not seem shady at all. What could be wrong with them that SVS wouldn’t handle under warranty? If o don’t get to hear them, anything besides cosmetic I should be looking for? I assume check out the surrounds.
Did you ascertain that the warranty is transferable? Some are not. I would ask to see the warranty to make sure.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The OP indicated that he wanted to ask to hear them.(Post#20)
He did, but the way I read it, the seller doesn't want to...
He said that he already had them boxed up and he took them into work with once I told him I wanted them, so I could meet him right after. He wasn’t like no, but he definitely prefers not too.
I rest my case.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I can get a used PC-13 Ultra for $800, supposedly in excellent condition. Is this a good deal? Thanks for the help.
There is one on AVS for $600 but pick up only in Iowa. Duals for $1400 would be sweet...

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
What I'm noticing is how buying used like this seems to be favorable right now driven by the pricing that companies seem to be taking in light of COVID or perhaps tariffs... Not sure. Anyone noticed that the Monolith AMPs and Subs seem to be going up in price? (Outlaw took pricing as well) Glad I got my Monolith AMP as a Amazon return and working great so far. Not sure I see an end in sight which might result in inflation of used gear as well.

In this case, probably a great deal and if under warranty shouldn't be too much risk I would guess. Still makes me nervous the thought of handing over $1K in cash for used but that's just what it costs and if under warranty that really helps

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What I'm noticing is how buying used like this seems to be favorable right now driven by the pricing that companies seem to be taking in light of COVID or perhaps tariffs... Not sure. Anyone noticed that the Monolith AMPs and Subs seem to be going up in price? (Outlaw took pricing as well) Glad I got my Monolith AMP as a Amazon return and working great so far. Not sure I see an end in sight which might result in inflation of used gear as well.

In this case, probably a great deal and if under warranty shouldn't be too much risk I would guess. Still makes me nervous the thought of handing over $1K in cash for used but that's just what it costs and if under warranty that really helps
I've been thinking the same thing. I'm sure glad I got my amp when I did. I think I paid $1,499 for my Monolith 7. Isn't it up over $1,700 now?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Even with covid I'd insist on a demo of used gear unless it was someone I knew. Unpacking and using an inverter in a parking lot just wouldn't appeal....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Don't know if I'd call that an Upgrade
Iirc the numbers favor the mono’s. They’re pretty badass. But the ultra is still no slouch.

I remember when SVS released your plus 2’s. I wanted some soooo bad. So I mocked one up and put it into place. Pretty sure THAT was a mistake. Lol.
Should’ve just bought them. You know. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Original ad.....
For that price it's still 1200 dollars not pocket change I've always sold my gear and allowed the buyer to demo them there's no way Id pay over a thousand bucks on anything and not be able to make sure it works and I wouldn't expect that of some one else either

I almost had a buyer for both my PB 4000's but he flaked I do have a buyer for one but I have to work so we have to try to set it up for this weekend

Even with COVID I'll still allow them to come and test them out we all wear masks do distancing

Too bad you don't live here or close I listed the PB 4000's for $1400 each but for a buyer from here Id sell them flat for $1200 each

Good luck just be careful SVS has great resale on the street so I'd be a little suspicious of that asking price if I couldn't demo them first

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
So I just picked them up from the parking lot. Super nice guy, had his 8 year old son with him. Things are immaculate. Have the paperwork, about to head home. I’ll have them hooked up in about 3 hours. I’ll send the update. At that price I just had to pull the trigger.......

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So I just picked them up from the parking lot. Super nice guy, had his 8 year old son with him. Things are immaculate. Have the paperwork, about to head home. I’ll have them hooked up in about 3 hours. I’ll send the update. At that price I just had to pull the trigger.......
I'm excited for you and a little nervous at the same time! Were you able to test them at all?

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
Nope, I didn’t. Dude was super nice, told me to call him with any questions I might have, was going over the app with me. I’m putting faith in humanity, that this dude isn’t screwing me. Like I said, I bought those iso feet last week, which means I can return them for $100. It’s like I got 2 PB3000’s for 1100$. I’m excited, 3% worried.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope, I didn’t. Dude was super nice, told me to call him with any questions I might have, was going over the app with me. I’m putting faith in humanity, that this dude isn’t screwing me. Like I said, I bought those iso feet last week, which means I can return them for $100. It’s like I got 2 PB3000’s for 1100$. I’m excited, 3% worried.
That's a straight up smoking deal man. If everything checks out you did awesome.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis