Game of Thrones 4K series release

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
i agree a good price for what you get. the best buy set is all eight seasons, steelbooks, numbered limited release, and 4k.

the amazon set is not numbered nor steelbooks

the ones on ebay who knows and they ship now?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Drool....except for season 8, thought 4K will definitely help with the dark scenes vs cable

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Drool....except for season 8, thought 4K will definitely help with the dark scenes vs cable
I have season 8 in 4k UHD blu-ray and in blu-ray, the dark scenes are just about unwatchable on just blu-ray.

Attachments

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think GOT seasons were shot using the 4K Arri Alexa Mini digital cameras, and probably the later seasons (at least S08) were shot using the 6K Red Epic Dragon digital camera.

The reason I mention this is because I find that when they "remaster" analog films like 35mm or even 70mm movies to 4K, it still doesn't look AWESOME to me. I mean it might look cleaner than before, but it still doesn't look as awesome as all the contents that were/are shot using Digital 2K-8K cameras, which probably started around 2009.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As much as I'd love to have the set, I don't know if I could watch it again with how the last season was. So many loose ends left open.

I'll have to see if wifey wants to. Easier to let her make the decision.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed. For me season 8 pretty much ruined the series. And I used to watch religiously..

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I understand all the complaints about that "dark episode". But, I am curious how many of the complainers were using OLED and/or HDR content?

On my OLED, it was noticeably darker than the other episodes, but it was not completely unwatchable as many have claimed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Before season 8 this might have interested me. I just don't see the point in slogging through 7 seasons again, get reinvested then go through the same letdown all over.

I wonder if the higher resolution makes you feel the kick in the nuts at the end more..?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Before season 8 this might have interested me. I just don't see the point in slogging through 7 seasons again, get reinvested then go through the same letdown all over.

I wonder if the higher resolution makes you feel the kick in the nuts at the end more..?
Well just drink 8 beers first before watching the few last episodes of S08. :D

They should make a GOT movie franchise, and this time they should take votes on how to end the last movie of the set. :D

Maybe they are waiting for GRRM to finish his GOT books completely, then do the GOT movie franchise. This way, they could Redeem themselves and do the movies exactly as GRRM intended, especially the ending.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Absolutely!

To be fair, most of S8 was great! Just those last couple of episodes, and what a crappy way to end a great series! It could have been a masterpiece series.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Well just drink 8 beers first before watching the few last episodes of S08. :D

They should make a GOT movie franchise, and this time they should take votes on how to end the last movie of the set. :D

Maybe they are waiting for GRRM to finish his GOT books completely, then do the GOT movie franchise. This way, they could Redeem themselves and do the movies exactly as GRRM intended, especially the ending.
According to GRRM, Mother of Dragons doesn't die. He goes on to say, yes and no, yes and no and yes.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
According to GRRM, Mother of Dragons doesn't die. He goes on to say, yes and no, yes and no and yes.
Are we talking about the HBO Westoros or the Westoros of the Books???

The story lines are different! There are characters in the books that do not appear in the series at all, are you familiar with Lady Stoneheart? (she only appeared in the books).

There are also characters in the book that had their canon combined into a single character for the series.

To me, it's just kind of like an alternate universe with alternate outcomes.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There's some kind of controversy between GRRM and a certain group of fans. I don't know what group or what the controversy is but I've been seeing headlines in my feed to the effect that he's refusing to apologize for something.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
There's some kind of controversy between GRRM and a certain group of fans. I don't know what group or what the controversy is but I've been seeing headlines in my feed to the effect that he's refusing to apologize for something.
The only thing I could find in regards to fans being upset that GRRM approved the final season. Though i'm sure it was out of his control. Maybe has something to do with his back story book "Fire and Blood"?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Are we talking about the HBO Westoros or the Westoros of the Books???

The story lines are different! There are characters in the books that do not appear in the series at all, are you familiar with Lady Stoneheart? (she only appeared in the books).

There are also characters in the book that had their canon combined into a single character for the series.

To me, it's just kind of like an alternate universe with alternate outcomes.
The book, I read that yesterday on the net, but today I was on GRRM's blog, He goes on to say a Lot are still alive that where killed off on the HBO GOT show. He also Caution to watch out for Clickbait from other Sources. He closed with, Arya is calling, she means to kill someone.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis