R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys. Just wondering who owns the x4400h and what your thoughts are on it. Been looking at the 4400 and 4500. Only difference I see is the 4500 has imax enhanced and 4400 does not. I found the 4400 for 1099 new on amazon and sold by Zorro sounds but dk if they are a good place to buy from. Any thoughts are appreciated.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys. Just wondering who owns the x4400h and what your thoughts are on it. Been looking at the 4400 and 4500. Only difference I see is the 4500 has imax enhanced and 4400 does not. I found the 4400 for 1099 new on amazon and sold by Zorro sounds but dk if they are a good place to buy from. Any thoughts are appreciated.
I saw that unit on Amazon good deal on it for new. If you do get it off of Amazon and if you should have a issue Amazon has that , A to Z Coverage thing where Amazon will step in to Mediate.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd make sure the seller of that new unit is an authorized dealer so you have warranty, but don't see the Zorro $1100 deal either on Amazon.....

I'd buy avrs based on features you want/need at the best price you can get....

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
I bought my AVRX4400H from Zorro sound (thru Amazon) some time ago and haven't had any problems with it. They said they were an authorized dealer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yea I also saw the 4500 for 999, I’m up in the air about a refurb though. I’ve always bought brand new when it came to electronics but new could take dump also.
New comes with a 3 year warranty as well.....

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Anyone know when they have really good deals on ave’s? Is it around Black Friday or in the beginning of the year? Since I’ve been looking at the denons, I’ve seen people say in reviews how they found 4400 and 4500 for 899, is that new or refurb?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Anyone know when they have really good deals on ave’s? Is it around Black Friday or in the beginning of the year? Since I’ve been looking at the denons, I’ve seen people say in reviews how they found 4400 and 4500 for 899, is that new or refurb?
Avr’s

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I bought my 4500 for $899 in Feb. but I paid tax at Amazon and then they had AC4L ship the order. AC4L doesn't charge sales tax for my state so the $999 is pretty much the same deal. Put the 4500 in your cart and see how it goes for you.

Hitchslapped

Hitchslapped

Audioholic
I bought my 4500 for $899 in Feb. but I paid tax at Amazon and then they had AC4L ship the order. AC4L doesn't charge sales tax for my state so the $999 is pretty much the same deal. Put the 4500 in your cart and see how it goes for you.
AC4L just charged me $120 in PA for sales tax. Where are they located?

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I’m guessing you like it so far since you’ve had it since February? Any issues?

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I’m guessing you like it so far since you’ve had it since February? Any issues?
I love the 4500. It's an amazing AVR. It came factory refurbished from Denon technicians. It looked brand new when it arrived. Not a mark anywhere and it runs great. Denon tests each and every unit before it goes out as a refurb.

This was my first high powered Denon AVR. I did not have Audyssey before. That's an amazing gift right there. From auto EQ to custom curves it's all possible. Then you add the Airplay 2 features and now I'm a Tidal Hi Fi fan. It's so nice to read a review about a new speaker and pull up the songs mentioned in Tidal with Master quality. Huge selection, high quality sound at your finger tips.

I also enjoy the Denon remote control app. I use it on the iPad. It's more visual than the Denon handheld remote and provides a first class image of the sound mode source and the mode the 4500 is outputting. Plus, you can easily tweak the center channel or the subwoofers all while sitting down and never have to switch from the movie.

The $20 Denon Audyssey app is amazingly feature too. It tests all the speakers, sets distance, levels, crossover settings and offers the ability to create a new curve and save the settings. Save as many as you like and upload them to the 4500 as needed.

And if you like to expand your speakers, the 4500 offers preouts on all the amplified channels. It's a no brainer upgrade to move fronts to an external amp when you want extra power.

When you start to add up the features like 125 watts x 9, preamp, major EQ functions, Airplay 2/HEOS streaming, multi-sub support, iPad control apps and Denon Audyssey app - it's a HUGE subset of tools.

I just bought a Hegel H90 for my stereo system in my office. While it has great sound for a 65 watt per channel stereo integrated amp it's Airplay is not as smooth as the Denon 4500 streaming and it has none of the EQ features. I got a good deal at $1250 but the Denon is only $999 with 4x the channels.

The Denon 4500 is one of the best deals for a new audiophile who wants tons of features. I even see the Multi-Channel mode as a way to test various tweeters and build new speakers. I can place the tweeters on one of the channels, control the volume and test various high pass filters on them. Find a combo I like and build my own setup. So many options means the user is only limited by their imagination.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I love the 4500. It's an amazing AVR. It came factory refurbished from Denon technicians. It looked brand new when it arrived. Not a mark anywhere and it runs great. Denon tests each and every unit before it goes out as a refurb.

This was my first high powered Denon AVR. I did not have Audyssey before. That's an amazing gift right there. From auto EQ to custom curves it's all possible. Then you add the Airplay 2 features and now I'm a Tidal Hi Fi fan. It's so nice to read a review about a new speaker and pull up the songs mentioned in Tidal with Master quality. Huge selection, high quality sound at your finger tips.

I also enjoy the Denon remote control app. I use it on the iPad. It's more visual than the Denon handheld remote and provides a first class image of the sound mode source and the mode the 4500 is outputting. Plus, you can easily tweak the center channel or the subwoofers all while sitting down and never have to switch from the movie.

The $20 Denon Audyssey app is amazingly feature too. It tests all the speakers, sets distance, levels, crossover settings and offers the ability to create a new curve and save the settings. Save as many as you like and upload them to the 4500 as needed.

And if you like to expand your speakers, the 4500 offers preouts on all the amplified channels. It's a no brainer upgrade to move fronts to an external amp when you want extra power.

When you start to add up the features like 125 watts x 9, preamp, major EQ functions, Airplay 2/HEOS streaming, multi-sub support, iPad control apps and Denon Audyssey app - it's a HUGE subset of tools.

I just bought a Hegel H90 for my stereo system in my office. While it has great sound for a 65 watt per channel stereo integrated amp it's Airplay is not as smooth as the Denon 4500 streaming and it has none of the EQ features. I got a good deal at $1250 but the Denon is only $999 with 4x the channels.

The Denon 4500 is one of the best deals for a new audiophile who wants tons of features. I even see the Multi-Channel mode as a way to test various tweeters and build new speakers. I can place the tweeters on one of the channels, control the volume and test various high pass filters on them. Find a combo I like and build my own setup. So many options means the user is only limited by their imagination.
Seems like you really like it man, thx for the detailed description. This is my other thing. I have a Yamaha 860 now and had another Yamaha before that, never a issue with either but I hate the fact that the 860 can not independently set sub distances, I have 2 up front and 1 behind my second row of seats.

I believe the 2080 can independently set sub distances and would get but Yamaha doesn’t seem to ever have big price drops, that’s why I’ve been looking at the denons and because they have the xt32. Now, do denons have that many issues or are unreliable? I found the 4500 for 1099 new and can get another 60 off after talking to the guy yesterday. If there is going to be reliability issues I don’t want to drop the money but I’m aware any electronic device could take a dump on you whatever brand you get. Just hoping someone can give me insight on how reliable denon is, thx.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
And sorry to everyone for this thread, I didn’t see the thread for Yamaha denon and marantz until last night

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
If there is going to be reliability issues I don’t want to drop the money but I’m aware any electronic device could take a dump on you whatever brand you get. Just hoping someone can give me insight on how reliable denon is, thx.
My Denon is 15 years old without any issues. Its used Everyday

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Now, do denons have that many issues or are unreliable? I found the 4500 for 1099 new and can get another 60 off after talking to the guy yesterday. If there is going to be reliability issues I don’t want to drop the money but I’m aware any electronic device could take a dump on you whatever brand you get. Just hoping someone can give me insight on how reliable denon is, thx.
It seems like you see refurbished and think trouble? The Denon 4500 is factory refurbished. That's a big difference from a regular return. It might have never been used or it might be a return or a demo. BUT all of them are fully tested. For me it's a waste of money buying new and paying more. These units come with a 3 year warranty. That's amazing on a refurb.

The Denon 4500 is able to individually set the distance and levels for each sub independently. You can later change the levels independently or as a group keeping the volume ratio the same.

I had a Yamaha receiver (lower end). It died on me right after the warranty ended. I have three Denon receivers and two are really old and never die. My Onkyo left channel stopped working, My Yamaha won't even turn on but my Denon's keep running and running. Everyone's experience is different. You might need to pay extra for the peace of mind placebo?

I worked for a company refurbishing and testing product. I would rather have a unit that's been individually tested at the factory than a new unit. My behind the scene experience may be different than yours.

Buying a return from a store that doesn't have all the parts to make a unit the same as new is a different story and these idiots on eBay that say owner refurbished on their description scare me. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis