best amp for Klipsch RP-150M Reference

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I remember yours have some fan noise that doesn't bother you on your DSC series....couldn't remember what audible fan noise the other series might have or not....

Another pro amp style is Crown XLS, whose fans run very quiet. I have several of those. In some parts of the world they market those as Amcron, not sure about down under.....
Yeah, the Crown XLS 1002 is also sold in Australia. It would also be a good contender but It is available for $549, even over $700 at some other dealer, a higher price than that for the QSC GX3.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I like the pro amp suggestions. If you're on a budget you definitely will get a lot of bang for your buck and pro amps are built to take a beating. That doesn't mean they don't sound nice and measure well either. Solid products.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
With regard to the larger pro audio stores, a lot of them rent mixers, DSPs and power amps to musicians.

So anyone who is interested in trying either a very affordable Crown XLS series or QSC GX series amp, could look around and see if he can get one to try out on his equipment before committing to the expense.

M

MasonSafari

Audioholic Intern
Thanks, I remember yours have some fan noise that doesn't bother you on your DSC series....couldn't remember what audible fan noise the other series might have or not....

Another pro amp style is Crown XLS, whose fans run very quiet. I have several of those. In some parts of the world they market those as Amcron, not sure about down under.....
The QSC GX3 amp has no noticeable fan noise. One of my close friends is using one in his small living room, and you cannot hear it running. It's not the same situation however with the RMX series of amps.
Thanks again
I really prefer the half width ( around 10”) , is there any QSC with half width ?

Rega is half width

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks again
I really prefer the half width ( around 10”) , is there any QSC with half width ?

Rega is half width
Unfortunately, all pro audio amps have a 19 inch width for installation on rack rail cabinets. But since they are power amps with volume/gain controls which you shouldn't have to frequently adjust, they can be installed almost anywhere in a horizontal position which allows for fan ventilation.

Most audiophile equipment is about 17 inch wide and fit into rack cabinets with the appropriate shelves. AVRs also have a similar width.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Narrow widths than 17 or 19 inches are going to be hit and miss. There's a few out there but...

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic

Some of the Crown amps I have read have very noisy fans, so I would try to listen to one first. As an example I have a Pro Yamaha 4 channel amp that the fans are on constant, and are noisy, but the p2500s, and the p5000s I own and have owned are stone quiet.

Years ago I demoed a QSC, and a Crown amp from a local store, and I picked the QSC as the best sounding with my Martin Logan Sequel IIs. I still really like the QSC amps too.
Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some of the Crown amps I have read have very noisy fans, so I would try to listen to one first. As an example I have a Pro Yamaha 4 channel amp that the fans are on constant, and are noisy, but the p2500s, and the p5000s I own and have owned are stone quiet.

Years ago I demoed a QSC, and a Crown amp from a local store, and I picked the QSC as the best sounding with my Martin Logan Sequel IIs. I still really like the QSC amps too.
Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Nor likely the XLS series...if you want to broadbrush Crown maybe. Yamahas are good too, some QSC;s are as well. You're picking the best "sounding"....meh.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis