Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those Chrono towers in white look so nice that they make me consider white speakers. Canton in general make some very nice looking speakers. I've been looking at them for a while now.

16972.png
16975.png

They almost look better with the grilles on! Free matching center with the pair makes for a really nice deal. Get a couple of books and you're set for 5.0.

H

HawgHead1960

Enthusiast
Every time I get my mind made up and set to buy the Ultras....I start looking at these Cantons...lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Those Chrono towers in white look so nice that they make me consider white speakers. Canton in general make some very nice looking speakers. I've been looking at them for a while now.

View attachment 37906View attachment 37907

They almost look better with the grilles on! Free matching center with the pair makes for a really nice deal. Get a couple of books and you're set for 5.0.
Why aren't the grills also white....what's the point of having white cabinets with black grills? Maybe that's just me....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Why aren't the grills also white....what's the point of having white cabinets with black grills? Maybe that's just me....
Beats me. I like the contrast tho. I prefer my speakers with grilles off but the black on white looks pretty cool.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Beats me. I like the contrast tho. I prefer my speakers with grilles off but the black on white looks pretty cool.
My thinking is more if the cabinets need to be white you're going to be using grills also white as drivers simply aren't all that attractive outside of a small group of enthusiasts IMO. I'm not good at what is good for indoor decoration....black works great for me :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Every time I get my mind made up and set to buy the Ultras....I start looking at these Cantons...lol
For me, this is a no-brainer. The Canton Chrono SL or Vento is the better speaker, it has more detail and a better tweeter...However Accessories4Less does not have the great no-risk returns of the SVS Ultras!
What you could do is buy a pair of any of the speakers in the link below for surrounds! Assuming you are going with a gloss finish (white or black) for the Ultras, these will match well enough and they are more compact which I consider a plus for surrounds. That way you can dip your toe in the Canton water without committing your front 3. If you like a very laid-back speaker, these are probably not for you, but I have a hard time imagining you could ever regret them for surround duty!
Note: I "finessed" the link by filtering for Brand=Canton and specifying the price range to isolate the speakers which I recommend. Over time, as prices change, this link will no longer Isolate those specific models!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
And anyone with kids will appreciate the port down firing into the plinth at the bottom - it keeps the army men and Hot Wheels out (and My Little Ponies)!
These do look good with the grill on. The image you posted does not capture it, but the grill is semi-transparent. If the lighting is right, you can see the reflection off of the metal drivers which is a nice effect!
These are the Chrono SL 516.2 ($450/pr) which would also be a good surround option if you'd prefer on-wall surrounds! I doubt they would give you much of a feel for Canton's bass like the bookshelf does (these ar sealed for flush mounting on the wall and I assume they are really designed with the THX 120Hz crossover standard for surrounds in mind (although I have not heard this model)!

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
For me, this is a no-brainer. The Canton Chrono SL or Vento is the better speaker, it has more detail and a better tweeter.
I don't know about that. That Tweeter in the SVS is pretty sweet.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know about that. That Tweeter in the SVS is pretty sweet.
It is, indeed, but not so sweet as the Canton Ceramic!
The Canton Ceramic is in the same league as the Focal Be and the RAAL, IMHO!

You can read some specifics of my comparisons here:

H

HawgHead1960

Enthusiast
Just ordered a pair of the Chrono SL 596.2 towers. The free center channel was just too much to pass up...lol

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Just ordered a pair of the Chrono SL 596.2 towers. The free center channel was just too much to pass up...lol
Congrats!!

I can vouch for the Chrono SL 556.2 center. I have one paired with my Vento 836 bookshelves and Chrono SL 516.2 on-wall surrounds. It’s an excellent center channel. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis