Give Me a Crash Course in Acoustic Measurements!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
XT32 +the App is a great way to play.
The App gives you the "Before" image of your FR. Frankly, this is one of the more valuable things about the app, IMO. :)

My understanding is that any of those Mics can have roll-off issues. Perhaps a crap shoot as to what you get. *shrugs

Re: BMR tipped over for Center usage, with the Raal rotated a corresponding 90º... I have no complaints. Nor do I recall seeing any weirdness in my FR. I still plan on getting it turned upright, soon. That is my ideal, anyway, but not do to anything I've seen in measurements; just preference. ;)

Cheers!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Just remember those BMRs have a reversed phase midrange, to avoid a null at crossover.
All three drivers of the BMR are wired with the same polarity. They have 4th order L-R crossover slopes.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Technically, my surgery was laparoscopic robotic prostatectomy. There was no direct violation of my @ss.
I'm curious about the "robotic" part: Was it all controlled with a remote device?

Edit: Not to make light of your discomfort with the procedure.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'm curious about the "robotic" part: Was it all controlled with a remote device?
Yes, the surgeon performs all the surgery while sitting nearby at a console.
"In the case of robotically-assisted minimally-invasive surgery, instead of directly moving the instruments, the surgeon uses one of two methods to administer the instruments. These include using a direct telemanipulator or through computer control. A telemanipulator is a remote manipulator that allows the surgeon to perform the normal movements associated with the surgery. The robotic arms carry out those movements using end-effectors and manipulators to perform the actual surgery. In computer-controlled systems, the surgeon uses a computer to control the robotic arms and its end-effectors, though these systems can also still use telemanipulators for their input. One advantage of using the computerized method is that the surgeon does not have to be present, leading to the possibility for remote surgery."
1593625365322.png

Sorry for derailing this thread. Now, let's get back to A Crash Course In Acoustic Measurement.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I see that I had missed this previous thread, came back up on my feed with new updates today.

Looks like I have some catching up to do over there

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis