JBL Subwoofer blowout! Amazing Price!

PerVirtuous

PerVirtuous

Enthusiast

Sorry, I don't know how this posted. I made a duplicate.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

Sorry, I don't know how this posted. I made a duplicate.
Next time, include the price in your post!
At $600 each, hard to get excited about these.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Next time, include the price in your post!
At $600 each, hard to get excited about these.
Yeah, I think they were $189 when he posted this thread. That was worth a li'l excitement!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It's back to $199. I've got one and it's decent for the price. Good sub for music unless you need high output below ~30hz.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
It's back to $199. I've got one and it's decent for the price. Good sub for music unless you need high output below ~30hz.
In my book, if it cannot provide high output below 30 Hz, then it's not a real sub.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
In my book, if it cannot provide high output below 30 Hz, then it's not a real sub.
True enough. It can output below 30hz just fine in my small office, but not much below 25hz. That's why I keep saying it's good for music. I haven't measured it in-room so I know I'm probably off on my guess of it's capability. FR is quoted at 27hz to 150hz which to my ears sounds accurate.

I guess it'd be more a mid bass module.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
True enough. It can output below 30hz just fine in my small office, but not much below 25hz. That's why I keep saying it's good for music. I haven't measured it in-room so I know I'm probably off on my guess of it's capability. FR is quoted at 27hz to 150hz which to my ears sounds accurate.

Mid-bass is more like 70Hz+. Most of a subwoofer's normal frequency band is considered deep bass.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

Not even a mid-bass driver, but just a simple limited range woofer. :)

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Mid-bass is more like 70Hz+. Most of a subwoofer's normal frequency band is considered deep bass.
Was reading about Marty subs so I probably got some info crossed. I went ahead and measured it in room quick and dirty just to see. Never measured in this room before so I thought "why not".

jbl sub 550.jpg

Looks like I need to adjust my crossover of 80hz a bit. This was with my towers BTW. Quick and dirty, but gives a bit of an idea of in room response. I didn't even pay $200 for it so I can't complain. This is also with Audyssey and DEQ on.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmm....might be a good new office sub for me to replace my SC4000

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis