Rel T zero owners opinion and advantages of using High level input

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
I am considering getting a Rel T zero sub. I like the looks and my room is relatively small 9.8by 10.7 feet.
Was wondering what owners of this Rel think of it or if its sworth saving and getting the T5 over this.
Also does the high level input connected together with the low level input make a significant difference.
My current front speakers are monitor audio gold 100 speakers connected to a Denon 4500 Avr.
I currently have a 20 year old 10 inch sub which looks rough still works but have little info about it and
Listen to a lot music as well as watch quite a lot of movies
Would appreciate your advice

Attachments

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
First I wouldn't call that a sub, a bass module maybe with an f6 of 38hz. Too dang small (and expensive). I wouldn't even look at Rel but you may be in the UK where maybe it's interesting/more competitive as not sure what choices you have other than SVS and BK Elec, both of which I'd consider before Rel. If you have old analog gear I don't consider the high level connection but an option limited by the gear....but you don't, you have very good bass management in the Denon.

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
First I wouldn't call that a sub, a bass module maybe with an f6 of 38hz. Too dang small (and expensive). I wouldn't even look at Rel but you may be in the UK where maybe it's interesting/more competitive as not sure what choices you have other than SVS and BK Elec, both of which I'd consider before Rel. If you have old analog gear I don't consider the high level connection but an option limited by the gear....but you don't, you have very good bass management in the Denon.
The Denon has excellent bass management, just looking to upgrade my old audio gear and was trying gain a better understanding of what good subs that are out there

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic

S

smallboydanger

Junior Audioholic
I'm familiar with their selling point in their literature and am not going to watch a video about it, but many subs have high level inputs if that's what you want.
Just trying to find out what its for and if its worth it as I have that input on my current sub
What sub would you recommend under £500?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just a way to hook up old gear without sub pre-outs, or even stereo pre-outs (and from the manual it's hard to see if it even will sum a stereo signal in such a case, altho I suspect it does).

Not in the UK so don't know your options. I do know BK Elec makes a decent sub and is based in the UK, tho. XTZ is based in europe. SVS markets in the UK/Europe.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am considering getting a Rel T zero sub. I like the looks and my room is relatively small 9.8by 10.7 feet.
Was wondering what owners of this Rel think of it or if its sworth saving and getting the T5 over this.
Also does the high level input connected together with the low level input make a significant difference.
My current front speakers are monitor audio gold 100 speakers connected to a Denon 4500 Avr.
I currently have a 20 year old 10 inch sub which looks rough still works but have little info about it and
Listen to a lot music as well as watch quite a lot of movies
Would appreciate your advice
In the UK I would go with B.K. of Southend on Sea. They are a good company, and you can order direct.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis