jinjuku

jinjuku

So I get why its bad to go to a hair cutting place/salon, but damn my hair is getting long and amazon has sold out of hair clippers. I think everyone must be coming to this conclusion a week or so ahead of me. lol
Things I've done for a long time now:

DIY Brewing
My wife cuts my hair
I have chickens
Hobbyist Baker
I have over 100 quarts of home canned goods
I have a freezer that I stock up days after easter and thanksgiving with turkey and ham. Last time I got turkey it was turkey breast at $0.27/lb. Freezer holds up to 40-45

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Things I've done for a long time now:

DIY Brewing
My wife cuts my hair
I have chickens
Hobbyist Baker
I have over 100 quarts of home canned goods
I have a freezer that I stock up days after easter and thanksgiving with turkey and ham. Last time I got turkey it was turkey breast at $0.27/lb. Freezer holds up to 40-45
You are ready for almost anything! that's awesome.

jinjuku

jinjuku

You are ready for almost anything! that's awesome.
I like beer, I love Thanksgiving (I have it down to three hours from firing up the oven to setting the table). My kid sells the chicken eggs as a delivery business around the neighborhood. I have my parents to thank for canning as we did it growing up.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I like beer, I love Thanksgiving (I have it down to three hours from firing up the oven to setting the table). My kid sells the chicken eggs as a delivery business around the neighborhood. I have my parents to thank for canning as we did it growing up.
I used to help my grandmother when I was little. She had half her yard as a garden and grew all of her veggies and much of her own fruit. My grandparents even brewed their own root beer. I didn't appreciate it as much then but now I find it amazing. What I would give for he fresh jam.

So how long do whole turkeys last in a freezer?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nothing like fresh eggs. There's just no comparison.

One of the best brews I ever had was a home brew. Too bad my friend didn't write down what he did. :(

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Nothing like fresh eggs. There's just no comparison.

One of the best brews I ever had was a home brew. Too bad my friend didn't write down what he did. :(
My friends and I brewed beer for a while, you would think that with one accountant and one engineer we would write everything down or follow a recipe exactly.. NOPE lol we had some great beers though.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I used to help my grandmother when I was little. She had half her yard as a garden and grew all of her veggies and much of her own fruit. My grandparents even brewed their own root beer. I didn't appreciate it as much then but now I find it amazing. What I would give for he fresh jam.

Back behind my parents property are some woods. Pops found some wild concord grapes growing. He made the most incredible jelly with them. Never tasted any grape jelly like it. They also have a blackberry and blue berry patch. When we visit in season take the wife and kid to go picking. Nothing like blueberry pancakes:

2 cups self rising flour, 1Tbsp vanilla extract, 4 Tbsp sugar, 2Tbsp Veg oil, 2 eggs, 1 1/4 cup milk and mix in a shiteload of blueberries.

The turkeys are packed in brine so they don't get freezer burned. So I've gotten at least a year out of them. Two most likely. When you are getting 8lb turkey breast for $2....

jinjuku

jinjuku

My friends and I brewed beer for a while, you would think that with one accountant and one engineer we would write everything down or follow a recipe exactly.. NOPE lol we had some great beers though.
If you haven't: Check out a book called 'Clone Brews'.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
We may need pics at the end of the quarantine! :)
As requested

This is something like 4 months on haircut and 2-3 months on beard. I couldn't take it anymore. Up to this point the internet doesn't have any pictures of me. Oh well.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615145231138_COVER.jpg

Got a good hair cut from the Diesel Barber Shop in town. Free beer with every cut. Lady that cut my hair insisted that she do my beard. First time I've every trimmed my beard to look good. I usually just chop it all off down to stuble.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200615204727625_COVER.jpg

Decided I didn't like the beard and chopped it all off. Waste of $5, but whatever. People always say I look so young after I chop off the beard...

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200616113406157_COVER.jpg

...I don't see it

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm going for one of these.... :p

View attachment 35418
WTH??? You go out in Public like that someone will walk up to you slapped you and take your man card from you. Only a Japanese samurai can get away wearing hair like that.. But than Japanese samurais can cut you in half in a second to so.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
WTH??? You go out in Public like that someone will walk up to you slapped you and take your man card from you. Only a Japanese samurai can get away wearing hair like that.. But than Japanese samurais can cut you in half in a second to so.
BONZAI!!!!! :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I am neither, and won't try either. :p
...Just couldn't come up with a more appropriate reply to that quote of yours I highlighted earlier. :D

Cheers!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Next day you find only one beer left from the night before and who gets that last one from the Recipe that you wish you would've wrote down. You save that for the Zombie apocalypse ending.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I am neither, and won't try either. :p
...Just couldn't come up with a more appropriate reply to that quote of yours I highlighted earlier. :D

Cheers!
Yeah man I can dig it, who in their right mind would even put a Bunn or Moss on their head to being with. But than again some will do anything if the price is right. Take that dude with the Moss on his head, The Producers or director of that Stupid show he Probably can care less long as he gets his check. As for the other one, Just doesn't look right, a red blooded American man wouldn't. Me Being heterosexual Sickens me to even see a post up who ever posted that pic up gotta have some Sugar in his tank. Do You have Sugar in your tank? :p:cool:

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I don't have a definitive answer, but during the Covid-19 lock down (before the clearly partisan state surpeme court decision), I cooked up a turkey for Easter that had been in my freezer at least 2.5 years and possibly more. I had it in my big chest freezer so it it's not an auto-defrost or anything. I get ice buildup, etc. But it held up well and so has venison i've had in there for 3 or more years just wrapped up in butcher paper. In fact, I grilled venison steaks last night that I'm not sure came from which deer. But since I didn't see any deer last fall, it was at least 1.5 years old. Tasted great!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis