JBL 5 Series on sale again

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Loud isn't always better. ;)
I think, too, that you just experienced the beneficial side of trusting room correction a little. Audyssey does some things very well, and level matching is one of them.
It's also important to keep in mind that boosting the levels artificially can deteriorate SQ. It's one thing for FR Peaks to be attenuated down, but trying to boost comes from the DSP and can more easily lead to distortions, especially if what you are trying to boost is a room effect such as a suckout.

Just curious: Do you still keep all your speakers on the front wall or have you moved your surrounds to the proper positioning for HT usage? :)
All speakers are on the front wall until Covid is over. I need muscle to move the furniture.

but I have evolved, I listen to two channel 90% of the time now.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I am thinking about wall mounting the 530’s. I am concerned about the weight, at 17 lbs are they too heavy?

how high on the wall can I mount the surrounds And they fulfill their purpose. On stands I aim for the tweeters to be at ear level. The lowest I can mount the surrounds on the wall places the whole speaker above ear level.

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I had my rear surrounds (530's) wall mounted with articulating mounts at around the 5 foot mark. I was able to point them at the rear of the couch at ear level as needed. A decent mount lagged into some joists and the weight is not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I am thinking about wall mounting the 530’s. I am concerned about the weight, at 17 lbs are they too heavy?

how high on the wall can I mount the surrounds And they fulfill their purpose. On stands I aim for the tweeters to be at ear level. The lowest I can mount the surrounds on the wall places the whole speaker above ear level.
@Pogre can help you with that!
Oh yeah! @Danzilla31 too and he has 530's IIRC!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

For a mount like this not a problem for the weight....almost went that way with my 530s. I've used surrounds well above my head several times, sometimes with tweeter on the bottom, sometimes just aimed at my seating. My 580s I use as surrounds on little risers I built so the tweeters would easier clear my seat back....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre can help you with that!
Oh yeah! @Danzilla31 too and he has 530's IIRC!
Yup. Mine are mounted up pretty high and slightly behind me, but angled down toward MLP and they work well. These are the mounts I bought for them. I have big heavy books too.

Price is nice, they haven't scuffed my piano gloss finish and they're adjustable. They easily support the weight too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yup. Mine are mounted up pretty high and slightly behind me, but angled down toward MLP and they work well. These are the mounts I bought for them. I have big heavy books too.

Price is nice, they haven't scuffed my piano gloss finish and they're adjustable. They easily support the weight too.
Yeah that's a copy of the Pinpoint AM-40 (if not just another brand from the same factory), at a far better price!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Lol. My old surrounds were right around 30lbs. Choose the right mount and you’ll have no issues. 17lbs isn’t bad.

Foregoing Atmos, I’d mount them between 5’ and 6’ from floor to tweeter, depending on the room width.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow those are strong mounts! :)
I'm pretty sure the ones I use would work for those too, and they're a little cheaper.

20170701_123405-1305x734.jpg
20170702_150336-1305x734.jpg

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I had issues hearing voices on my system with movies too. I added the Monolith by Monoprice THX-365C THX Certified Ultra Center Channel Speaker and it totally fixed the problem. That center speaker is quite sensitive and turning it up even a little makes a big difference. It was easy to find a setting that offered a nice blend with my left and right front speakers. Thanks for the review on this item Shady!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis