JBL 5 Series on sale again

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
JBL is back on sale at the Harmon site. 590, 580, 530 are all on sale from 50% to 63% off

https://www.harmanaudio.com/ho...id=home-audio&dwvar_STUDIO 580_color=Black-USA-Current#start=1

https://www.harmanaudio.com/lo...s/STUDIO+590.html?dwvar_STUDIO 590_color=Black-USA-Support

I figured this deserved it's own post since so many have been waiting on the sales again

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! Except for the 590 for $460, those are better prices than I have seen lately:
530's for $297/pr (I think they have been $350 for past sales)!
580's for $300/ea (I think they have been about $340/ea)!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Why! Why!

So the 590’ will blow away my 2006 B&W’s right? I need without a doubt difference.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
From a few examples I heard in the BW 6 series, I'd say the JBLs have a good shot at it....one way to find out ;)

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I bought the 590's on sale a few months ago and was and still very impressed. For under 1k delivered. So much so that I ordered the 530's and a 520C when they went on sale for rear surrounds and center. So this morning I ordered the 580's for side surrounds.

I was running KEF Q900's, 650C and 100's in the HT room. I moved the KEFs to the living room and run the JBLs in the HT now.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Why! Why!

So the 590’ will blow away my 2006 B&W’s right? I need without a doubt difference.
It does to my ear if compared to the BW 600 series I heard (but don't know the specific model of 600)!
Make sure you size up the 590's they are rather large. Depending on the size of your room, the 580's may be a better fit (assuming a good subwoofer to carry the bass)!

W

wje2

Audioholic Intern
Unreal. I didn't expect this to occur again so soon. I paid $419 for a new pair of 530s on Amazon a bit over a month ago - so, I'm about a week over the return window. But, after I made my purchase, the price climbed even higher. $297 is a steal for the 530s. Wow.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Unreal. I didn't expect this to occur again so soon. I paid $419 for a new pair of 530s on Amazon a bit over a month ago - so, I'm about a week over the return window. But, after I made my purchase, the price climbed even higher. $297 is a steal for the 530s. Wow.
Amazon sometimes raises the price with my viewing within 10 minutes or so.....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I wonder if these sound as good as the HSU horn speakers?

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
From a few examples I heard in the BW 6 series, I'd say the JBLs have a good shot at it....one way to find out ;)
HT system:
Denon AVRX4500h receiver
B&W DM 603 S3 - Mains
B&W DM 602 S3 - Surround
B&W LCR 60 S2 - Center
SVS PS1000 - Sub x2
Samsung UN65NU800D
I purchased the speakers in 2006. The 590’s are huge, 50” tall. My ceilings are 8 ft tall.

W

wje2

Audioholic Intern
I wonder if these sound as good as the HSU horn speakers?
More than likely, better. The JBL 530, from what I've read, had high R&D costs and was designed to sell at the $1,200 per pair price point. JBL uses a compression tweeter for the driver, along with the horn structure. Their newer model, the HDI-1600, features a 6.5" woofer, similar compression tweeter and sells for $1,800 a pair.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
More than likely, better. The JBL 530, from what I've read, had high R&D costs and was designed to sell at the $1,200 per pair price point. JBL uses a compression tweeter for the driver, along with the horn structure. Their newer model, the HDI-1600, features a 6.5" woofer, similar compression tweeter and sells for $1,800 a pair.
Dang ur tempting me to get the 530's I loved the HSU. Maybe in April if sale is still on.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
HT system:
Denon AVRX4500h receiver
B&W DM 603 S3 - Mains
B&W DM 602 S3 - Surround
B&W LCR 60 S2 - Center
SVS PS1000 - Sub x2
Samsung UN65NU800D
I purchased the speakers in 2006. The 590’s are huge, 50” tall. My ceilings are 8 ft tall.
Yeah I saw your signature. PS1000 subs? :)

My ceilings are 8' tall, too, the 590s are fine, tho I did build risers for the 580s as surrounds. Hard to know what you'd like or not, tho.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Why! Why!

I've heard the 6's and I own the JBL's I own 3 590's 3 580's and 4 530's and I'll be buying more

For my preferences the JBL blow the 6's out of the water but every ones tastes are different

You need to take advantage of the generous free return shipping and generous trial policy

You have nothing to lose by debuting them in your room and getting a full refund if you send them back if they don't work for you

And you really should take advantage of trying them out while you have the B&W's still so you can AB compare them in your home and your room

In my opinion when they are on sale performance wise they are tough to beat for those prices

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Yeah I saw your signature. PS1000 subs? :)

My ceilings are 8' tall, too, the 590s are fine, tho I did build risers for the 580s as surrounds. Hard to know what you'd like or not, tho.
PB 1000. Good catch! Only been there about a year

X

XTex

Audioholic Intern
Why! Why!

Shipping and included both ways if you buy from JBL, zero risk. Buy them and find out for yourself. I have the 530s and am/was very happy with them. I'll probably snag a pair of 590s myself to compare with my Revel F35s, which I am also very happy with.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Shipping and included both ways if you buy from JBL, zero risk. Buy them and find out for yourself. I have the 530s and am/was very happy with them. I'll probably snag a pair of 590s myself to compare with my Revel F35s, which I am also very happy with.
509AC380-4084-46F0-A0FD-74DDA2D6742E.jpeg

Tape on the wall is 50”, no way can I put the tv that high. Notice the center channel sits considerably lower. If I get a center should I get a bookshelf model or dedicated center channel?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 34385
Tape on the wall is 50”, no way can I put the tv that high. Notice the center channel sits considerably lower. If I get a center should I get a bookshelf model or dedicated center channel?
Why would you need to raise the tv? Why is there tape on the wall at 50"? If you could use a standard bookshelf in its vertical orientation would be nice, but might have to change furniture (or on a stand in front of it) which may not be an option.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis