as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Clearly all the current protests are by coloured people who are misguided as well as mislead by the radical left because they have nothing to complain about, it's just a "couple of bad apples" in the police force and not something systemic :rolleyes:
Unless you actually know what's happening, don't believe you're correct. The various protesters in Milwaukee are almost equal in number, by race. I drove home yesterday and saw tables with cases of water bottles at the street where some of the wealthiest people in the state live, as well as people who were walking toward the closest meeting place- this was one of the intended routes for the protesters and it's some of the most desirable real estate in Wisconsin. In that area, most were White, but some Whites were walking with Blacks, Hispanics and Asians- I didn't see anyone who appeared to be Native American. You clearly don't know what's happening here. We have had some problems during these protests, but they're mainly at night and mild, when compared to past disturbances. The point of these protests, as with most protests, is to raise awareness and to make it known that the problem can't be accepted. By themselves, protests don't solve anything, but they can force someone to act in a positive direction. The Milwaukee Mayor has chosen to form a committee to study the problem and minority leaders are making their thoughts well known. As I have written, Milwaukee government hasn't done minorities any favors and this trend will continue until the voters have someone in office who will.

highfigh

highfigh

What is the cost of the rioting?

Here's one link that shows some of it, although the policy may exclude "riot and civil disorder events”.

This overall cost doesn't include additional law enforcement overtime, lost equipment/vehicles, burned police stations, lives of officers, etc.

The cost from the damages could have fed, housed, clothed and medically treated a helluva lot of people.

I have the same opinion of Presidential elections- when two candidates spend over $2Billion for one election (2012), something needs to be changed. In 2016, "Clinton's unsuccessful campaign ($768 million in spending) outspent Trump's successful one ($398 million) by nearly 2 to 1."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/04/14/somebody-just-put-a-price-tag-on-the-2016-election-its-a-doozy/

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I'm not saying that police don't pull over, stop and detain POC more often, but how would you explain Black cops doing it, too?
Highfigh, imho this is part of the problem. You :”are not saying that police don’t pull over stop and detain POC more often.”

Then you go on to make your points. The ease with which the obvious injustice is Backed into, then glossed over, then you imply by your question that if black police Officers participate then it must be legitimate.

Why doesn’t the fact that police Stop and detain POC more often cause so little discomfort in people?

This is how that practice has manifested
in my life.

I have been detained By the police at least 5 times in my adult life, two times at gunpoint.

I have never been arrested.

On two of these occasions I was in a clearly marked work truck in uniform.
Without fail the excuse I was given for being stopped was that, “I fit the description...”

These are real events that have occurred in my life. None of these were in high crimes areas, the ghetto, or the hood.

In addition, Within ten days of buying our home, both my wife and I were detained In two separate incidents and questioned by Local police. One asked her how we were living in the city she gave as our address.

Dude, I was once detained and let go while on my way to reserve duty, because I looked suspicious.

I know someone is going to read this and think I am making this up. I don’t have anything to gain by sharing my experiences here. I am not trying to convert anyone politically.

so sadly when I see the police, I tense up, my heart races, I go on high alert until they pass me.

But I did order the JBL 530 surrounds!!!!!

Be blessed. Everyone

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Unless you actually know what's happening, don't believe you're correct. The various protesters in Milwaukee are almost equal in number, by race. I drove home yesterday and saw tables with cases of water bottles at the street where some of the wealthiest people in the state live, as well as people who were walking toward the closest meeting place- this was one of the intended routes for the protesters and it's some of the most desirable real estate in Wisconsin. In that area, most were White, but some Whites were walking with Blacks, Hispanics and Asians- I didn't see anyone who appeared to be Native American. You clearly don't know what's happening here. We have had some problems during these protests, but they're mainly at night and mild, when compared to past disturbances. The point of these protests, as with most protests, is to raise awareness and to make it known that the problem can't be accepted. By themselves, protests don't solve anything, but they can force someone to act in a positive direction. The Milwaukee Mayor has chosen to form a committee to study the problem and minority leaders are making their thoughts well known. As I have written, Milwaukee government hasn't done minorities any favors and this trend will continue until the voters have someone in office who will.
Your posts (in this as well as other threads) gives my the impression that you have far right authoritarian political views, even though you try to couch that to be not so upfront.

Recently you said you're tired of foreigners (me that is) making posts contrary to what you claim, or that they (me, that is) can't know from a distance, or clearly don't know what is happening (again me).

Similar is that the in the police force are just a few bad apples, while peaceful protests are at best misguided rioters to be dominated by military forces.

Straight out of the authoritarian play book how to subvert democracy. Go have a look at Hungary that is now a democracy on paper but in practice a one party state.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I have been detained By the police at least 5 times in my adult life, two times at gunpoint.

In addition, Within ten days of buying our home, both my wife and I were detained In two separate incidents and questioned by Local police. One asked her how we were living in the city she gave as our address.

Dude, I was once detained and let go while on my way to reserve duty, because I looked suspicious.

I know someone is going to read this and think I am making this up. I don’t have anything to gain by sharing my experiences here. I am not trying to convert anyone politically.

so sadly when I see the police, I tense up, my heart races, I go on high alert until they pass me.

Be blessed. Everyone
Scary stuff. Yep, sadly profiling.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I am not sure insurance covers loss due to rioting.
Why would Insurance pay? Is it because the Law-Enforcement didn't do anything to stop the mad mob? I m sure once video Surveillance is Examined
some Arrest surely will be made.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Your posts (in this as well as other threads) gives my the impression that you have far right authoritarian political views, even though you try to couch that to be not so upfront.

Recently you said you're tired of foreigners (me that is) making posts contrary to what you claim, or that they (me, that is) can't know from a distance, or clearly don't know what is happening (again me).

Similar is that the in the police force are just a few bad apples, while peaceful protests are at best misguided rioters to be dominated by military forces.

Straight out of the authoritarian play book how to subvert democracy. Go have a look at Hungary that is now a democracy on paper but in practice a one party state.
Kind of like Hong Kong, China just took over Hong Kong completely. They are about to take more than just Hong Kong they're going after Taiwan next. Maybe North Korea and Japan is next. How many Centuries they've been going at it. Kind of like the middle east. In given time may not be in our life time there will be a 3rd world war.

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
So what's up with this democrat cry to defund or disband the police? In some of the most crime ridden areas of the country today? Can anybody explain how that would help fix your "systemic racism"?
Well knock me over with a feather, I think I'm in agreement with Herbu.

The nuanced take, which I think makes sense, is to demilitarize police departments and reallocate towards more pro-social and community oriented programs like schools, breaking up the police unions, more community oversight and local accountability over policing...seems reasonable. But that's not what they're chanting. The mob seems pretty explicit in their aims, which is to abolish the police, period. The dems who are rushing to meet their demands are asking for trouble.

I have to applaud the MN mayor for standing up to the mob and saying 'no, we're not disbanding the police.' The mob seems to not only want to chuck the police departments, they want to chuck quaint notions like rule of law too. The mob is Stupid, and dangerous.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

I know the impression my posts give you, but you're wrong. I never wrote that I'm tired of foreigners disagreeing with me- I have no problem with that but I do have a problem when someone (you) tells me what I am, without knowing me and you continue to comment as if you know what's happening where I live which, again, you don't.

I don't want a one party state and I don't think authoritarian rule is anything that we would want and it's definitely not what we need. I want two parties that will stop doing what helps their parties and more to help the people achieve more. Our government is already doing too much and intruding too far into our lives but people are pushing the envelope in the severity of the crimes they commit, even though overall, crime rates have fallen.

Police have been killing people in custody and during arrests for a long time and now, the Democrats in Congress say they're writing a Bill to outlaw police brutality. Well done! Not a moment too soon, right? I would ask, WHAT THE EFF TOOK YOU SO LONG??????????? This is the same Democrat party that resisted civil rights legislation that was presented in the 1950s and early-1960s. After the Brown vs Board of Education suit in 1956, 101 members of Congress signed the Southern Manifesto- 99 Democrats, 2 Republicans. Even then, the wording needed to be made less harsh. President Johnson only signed the Civil Rights Act because he knew it would guarantee the Black vote- look for his comment about this (I won't post it but it's well known).

This is not saying that the Republicans have been much better. They're not.

I have posted that I think people need to get their shyte together and stop being violent, stop thinking they have some inherent right to the property of others, that they're owed a comfortable living form the government just because they exist, many times. People used to work for what they wanted and needed and then, parents stopped teaching their kids the value of hard work, earning a living, doing well in school. The kids didn't do well in Math, so the curriculum was changed to make it easier to learn simple arithmetic, but that basically assures they won't be able to do more advanced math and science because the new methods are so dissimilar to what is used by the rest of the World, which is kicking our butt in many ways.

People in the US are running amok and I don't think the government is the entity that should be acting as parents.

highfigh

highfigh

Highfigh, imho this is part of the problem. You :”are not saying that police don’t pull over stop and detain POC more often.”

Then you go on to make your points. The ease with which the obvious injustice is Backed into, then glossed over, then you imply by your question that if black police Officers participate then it must be legitimate.

Why doesn’t the fact that police Stop and detain POC more often cause so little discomfort in people?

in my life.

Without fail the excuse I was given for being stopped was that, “I fit the description...”

These are real events that have occurred in my life. None of these were in high crimes areas, the ghetto, or the hood.

Be blessed. Everyone
I never meant that to seem as if it's OK as long as Black officers do it but none of the Black officers I know want to let people get away with criminal activity, either.

All of those incidents tell me that the Police need to be training officers better, but they needed to dig deeper into the character of every one of them. That sucks. The problem- Police departments have allowed this BS to go on for so long, they don't bother to stop it. Since the protests began, I think I have read or heard that six more have been killed by the Police and many have been beaten, on camera.

The whole thing is mind boggling.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well knock me over with a feather, I think I'm in agreement with Herbu.

The nuanced take, which I think makes sense, is to demilitarize police departments and reallocate towards more pro-social and community oriented programs like schools, breaking up the police unions, more community oversight and local accountability over policing...seems reasonable. But that's not what they're chanting. The mob seems pretty explicit in their aims, which is to abolish the police, period. The dems who are rushing to meet their demands are asking for trouble.

I have to applaud the MN mayor for standing up to the mob and saying 'no, we're not disbanding the police.' The mob seems to not only want to chuck the police departments, they want to chuck quaint notions like rule of law too. The mob is Stupid, and dangerous.
We've endured 3½ years of the Trump administration defunding various branches of the Federal Govt. because they disagree with them. When it's proposed to "defund police forces" the same people who support Trump's efforts cry out against it.

There should be little doubt that defunding, in an effort at reform, is blunt instrument – a blunt instrument with two edges. But you cannot be for some kinds of defunding while attacking others. It's hypocrisy.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I think that is just a shock piece to be sure to get the attention of police chiefs across the country who might be thinking "this will blow over just like the many times past".
It does not reflect the majority by any means, but outlets like Fox will portray it as a mainstream movement to establish/maintain the right's fear/outrage over the left.
True and lets not forget the Police Unions responsibility in all this mess. Interviews this morning on CBS with 4 Police Chiefs from different cities around the country echoed this as well

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I never meant that to seem as if it's OK as long as Black officers do it but none of the Black officers I know want to let people get away with criminal activity, either.

All of those incidents tell me that the Police need to be training officers better, but they needed to dig deeper into the character of every one of them. That sucks. The problem- Police departments have allowed this BS to go on for so long, they don't bother to stop it. Since the protests began, I think I have read or heard that six more have been killed by the Police and many have been beaten, on camera.

The whole thing is mind boggling.
Sure, but every time we see incidents of police brutality against black people, it's being perpetrated by white officers. If there are incidents involving black cops, they're well-hidden. Same (sad) thing happening in Canada.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
True and lets not forget the Police Unions responsibility in all this mess. Interviews this morning on CBS with 4 Police Chiefs from different cities around the country echoed this as well
I agree. The police unions, also known as police benevolence associations, are far different from the typical labor unions. In larger US cities, they often prevent major reforms and block any efforts of effective management by mayors or police chiefs. Often these police unions pay for high-priced lawyers to defend police from charges of violent crimes. In Baltimore, during the trials of the 6 police accused of various violent crimes resulting in Freddy Grey's death, this kind of legal help was procured. The trials of 3 policemen resulted in hung juries, and the charges against the other 3 were dropped. No one was found not guilty, but the police union got what it wanted. The power of the police unions or benevolent associations must be reigned in.

Derek Chauvin, the policeman who murdered George Floyd, had a 19-year career with the Minneapolis Police. He often was cited in the past for violent attacks or unwarranted firearm use. The police union in that city had imposed a policy of expunging the record of policemen every two years. That not only protected bad cops like Chauvin from punishment, but it allowed bad cops to continue being bad cops for an entire career.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Everyone in this thread needs to watch this. It goes over most of what we're discussing in detail, but also has a lot of...impassioned rhetoric, which is understandable given the events of the last few weeks.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Everyone in this thread needs to watch this. It goes over most of what we're discussing in detail, but also has a lot of...impassioned rhetoric, which is understandable given the events of the last few weeks.
yes and 14 minutes in he brings up one of concerns which I mentioned

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic

in my life.

Be blessed. Everyone
I am really sorry that crap happens to you and I'm sure way to many POC, this is complete crap that its something that you "have" to get used to. I'm white and I have experienced crappy police but never anything like that.

I feel like police are trained to sort of ignore peoples rights and this is the root of the problem. I've seen videos of police interactions and the ones who actually 1)use their heads and 2) know and respect peoples rights go really smooth compared to interactions where the officer is cocky and arrogant. Check out the youtube channel audit the audit it was eye opening to me.

I feel like police misconduct should be protested and called out. I'm not for the riots or the looting I think that ruins the message. But i do agree that in many cases the police hierarchy is an old boys network and they protect each other and this needs to end. we need the best of the best to be police.

just my 2 cents

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
There is probably not a jail in the US where he would be safe from reprisal.
Being a cop in jail can be bad enough, but being the cop that killed a man who was laying on his belly, not resisting, and with his hands cuffed behind his back ... that puts him in his own special category as an inmate.
Chauvin is going to need a strong support group to keep him alive on the inside...my guess, he will likely take himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis