as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
For you guys saying his hand is in his pocket, isn't he just wearing a black glove with it on his black pants, thus making it look like his hand is in his pocket when it actually isn't?
Hell, I don't know!
Maybe!?
Not used to that, but in Minnesota...

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
For you guys saying his hand is in his pocket, isn't he just wearing a black glove with it on his black pants, thus making it look like his hand is in his pocket when it actually isn't?
that would be correct, his hand is not inside his britches .......

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
The drumpf family is famous for their racism, you been living under a rock or something? Don't remember him being sued for discrimination for their scheme to keep blacks out of their buildings? Federal lawsuit 1973 for violation of the Fair Housing Act....caught red handed. He also supports KKK and has had staffers who are white nationalists....so yeah, I consider that he's a total schmuck in this regard. A turd of the highest quality.
I have to wonder something, since djt is a realestate man in business to make money, was he really instructing his people not to rent to black people because of skin color, or because certain people were unlikely to be reliable renters? Would that be racist or common sense. Remember djt is a bidness man, he's not about losing money. Maybe skin color is more important to him than making money, but I doubt it. Anyways I'm not gonna waste my time trying to prove otherwise when your mind is made up no matter what I say. Besides I'm not a big trump guy, he's made his share of mistakes
Supports the kkk? Well a quick look gives me no results from reliable sites. You might wanna check your news sources there hd lol.

I also find it odd that with all of your overwhelming evidence that the clinton machine never used it during the election. Maybe they did, but then again maybe there wasn't enough to it to swing votes.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
that would be correct, his hand is not inside his britches .......
Yep, I double checked and there are other images showing him with a black glove on!
Frankly, I am kind of relieved. His being willing to so casually take a life is one thing, but I like to think people would not be so perverted as that.
It would be interesting to see his history of problems (someone said he had a record of incidents) just to know if it is a racial thing with him or if he is an "equal opportunity murderer"!
The racism is clearly systemic among a significant portion of police departments, so it doesn't change the big picture, but it would better define this individual. Of course, the other perspective is he may not have been racist; he may be an opportunist who recognized that he could get away with more when the victims are black!
But by any measure, this guy is bad on a very extreme level!

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Fixed it for you!
So you are saying there is no basis for "this racial crap" being discussed by politicians or media?

I honestly don't think he does in particular! My interpretation of his behaviors is that he really couldn't care less about anything aside from his image "as a winner". Think about how he got upset about the photos of Obama's inauguration showing larger attendance, or how he would start telling foreign dignitaries about his "magnificent win" in Wisconsin, etc (like they'd care).
He does know he can play on peoples fears about immigrants and racial violence. Why do you think he is invoking memories from the racial events of the 1960's and preaching severe measures against protesters other than to inflate the conflict? The bigger he can make these protests, the more fear and outrage he can garner from his base. He knows he cannot really increase his base without alienating other factions of his base, but he also knows he can increase the turn-out from his base by increasing their fear and sense of outrage!
Of course, he is also quite happy to turn the discussion away from the pandemic! He is gambling that the seasonal effect is strong and the virus will go dormant and we will not have any new major spike until after the election. If he is lucky, that could work out for him.
That is the worst part of it. He is in it, all or nothing, for "the win", and part of that winning is having the virus "behind us" (until the election is over). Reason and logic would dictate that we slowly relax countermeasures, but Trump is going for broke by gagging the CDC's guide to reopening the country. If his gamble loses, he loses and will be a defeated man, but whether 150,000 die or 500,000 die is not something he will lose any sleep over. He doesn't want people to die, he just doesn't care if they do! Just like he doesn't hate black people.
His base is pretty unshakeable. They are going to show up in november, so saying he's doing all this to placate them is a bit of an over reach. He's actually showed much more restraint in regards to the protests than I would like. When the looting starts the shooting should start, but that is my opinion. That fire needs to be put out before it spreads much further.

I'm not sure what the cdc's guideline is, but I strongly disagree that trump doesn't care how many people die.
If it didn't matter to him he wouldn't have enacted a travel ban to china or europe.

There is no doubt that he needs the virus thing behind him but these riots etc are not working in his favor. I'd say he wants them over saap. Btw isn't it odd that the governors etc that wanted everyone to stay home are now ok with protesting and rioting in the streets?

My belief is that trump isn't the devil the left will have you believe, but he is also not the saint some on the right will tell you that he is.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
... I strongly disagree that trump doesn't care how many people die.
If it didn't matter to him he wouldn't have enacted a travel ban to china or europe.
I would be willing to buy into this logic if he had taken advantage of what little time (maybe 2 or 3 weeks?) his travel ban bought!
Obama depleted PPE from the national stockpile for H1N1 back in 2009. Obama attempted to increase the HHS budget by 10% to support replacing N95 masks, but the senate, flush with new Tea Party membership, decreased the budget by 10% instead. Trump had two years, during one of the most prosperous times of our country, to replenish PPE and he had the majority in both the house and senate for those two years! That is bad enough, but with the advantage of "the crisis is upon us" clarity, he still did not make an effort to further respond to the pandemic until March.
So yes, the travel ban was of some benefit, but his decision to not make any preparations for the oncoming pandemic exposes him as either not caring or having a level of blind stupidity with a deaf ear to the experts. It seems as if he believed himself when he said we have 15 cases and they will be down to zero soon!

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
There are similarities between the Trumps and looters. They are both self-interested opportunists who hijack a cause for personal gain. They don't care about any of the damage they cause, in fact they revel in the chaos; the worse things get, the better it is for them.
James: As much as I have seen with the Current administration up in the White House. It seems like our Current President. Should have Enough common sense not to Publicly Stoke the fires. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. Somethings are better left said behind Closed doors. After his Presidency is over and it will come in time History will have a Lot to say about his Administration. Breaking the "Swamp" up in Washington Starts with The House of Representatives and with the Senate. I feel before it's all said and done We may look back and see that what's happening Now, didn't start with the Current administration sitting in the White House, Equal rights amendment or what ever tab can be put on that little bill didn't start yesterday. There has and always will be a Two Party system with this Country.
I believe that the two party's will be this Countries demise.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
This has potential to get so much worse. Our current president thrives on chaos. He will do what he can to exacerbate the situation, and now that he realizes that he is slipping in polls and losing his chances of getting re-elected he will take desperate measures to shore up his standing among his base. Whatever sanitized language they want to dress that up as, it basically means getting tougher on non-whites. It's gonna get ugly.
Trump is the only person (notice I didnt call him a man because he isn't by any stretch of the imagination) I know off that will put his political interests first at the risk of dividing a nation and tearing it apart. I listened to Obama and the difference between the two is amazing. Where Trump cant look past Trump, Obama looks at the nation as a whole. Obama is a leader...Trump is a fuc?tard.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
James: As much as I have seen with the Current administration up in the White House. It seems like our Current President. Should have Enough common sense not to Publicly Stoke the fires. Freedom of speech is guaranteed by the Constitution. Somethings are better left said behind Closed doors. After his Presidency is over and it will come in time History will have a Lot to say about his Administration. Breaking the "Swamp" up in Washington Starts with The House of Representatives and with the Senate. I feel before it's all said and done We may look back and see that what's happening Now, didn't start with the Current administration sitting in the White House, Equal rights amendment or what ever tab can be put on that little bill didn't start yesterday. There has and always will be a Two Party system with this Country.
I believe that the two party's will be this Countries demise.
and making matters worse, the polarization of the two......

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Trump is the only person (notice I didnt call him a man because he isn't by any stretch of the imagination) I know off that will put his political interests first at the risk of dividing a nation and tearing it apart. I listened to Obama and the difference between the two is amazing. Where Trump cant look past Trump, Obama looks at the nation as a whole. Obama is a leader...Trump is a fuc?tard.
sadly, becoming more of an understatement every day .......

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
George W Bush, of all people, also released a statement that stands in stark contrast to anything that Trump has said and done. Say what you will about W, but at least he was not merely a grifter and conman who only using the presidency for self-glorification. He had some sense of leadership and service, if misguided. After the September 11 terrorist attacks, he did sincerely try to temper anti-arab racism and was endlessly ridiculed by his own party for declaring Islam a religion of peace. That plea for tolerance would be unthinkable under Trump. If Trump were president on Sept 11 2001, he would have exploited anti-arab and anti-Islamic sentiment to the hilt, and this country would have been vastly worse for it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Could be outside his pocket, hard to tell although video shows the other two had gloves on so he too could have had gloves on.
And? Attitude can still be the same, inside or outside of pocket.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have to wonder something, since djt is a realestate man in business to make money, was he really instructing his people not to rent to black people because of skin color, or because certain people were unlikely to be reliable renters? Would that be racist or common sense. Remember djt is a bidness man, he's not about losing money. Maybe skin color is more important to him than making money, but I doubt it. Anyways I'm not gonna waste my time trying to prove otherwise when your mind is made up no matter what I say. Besides I'm not a big trump guy, he's made his share of mistakes
Supports the kkk? Well a quick look gives me no results from reliable sites. You might wanna check your news sources there hd lol.

I also find it odd that with all of your overwhelming evidence that the clinton machine never used it during the election. Maybe they did, but then again maybe there wasn't enough to it to swing votes.
His famous "there's good people on both sides" and his getting an endorsement from David Duke, his little dog Stephen Miller on staff, Steven Bannon, etc.

He's not much of a bidness man in any case, but probably thought it was "higher end" to exclude blacks/minorities from their tenements.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
How can
and making matters worse, the polarization of the two......
How can that be? You don't Agree? The Two Parties Democrat and Republican aren't a issue or hasn't been a issue? With All of the Money between those two 100's of billions into Trillions, Wasted and spent on Corporation special interest and overseas funding to Dictatorships, criminal regimes and so on. Not to mention the Illegal drug cartels and illegal immigrants, criminal organizations that alone should open up anyones eyes to how messed up this Country is. What by sitting on the sidelines watching All of the Injustice with everything else. Wow just wow man. What do you believe should be done? How about We just walk up to the White House and Kindly ask President Trump to resign right now. Who would?have anyone put up in the Presidential White House? Here's a idea, lets just put a Russian person in the White House, or some other Nationality citizen of the United States. or how about We just Elect you! The powers be are going to be what it is. Whether you are I like it or not. The road to power is a long, long one my friend way before anyone of us on this AH forum was ever born. The Enforcement of law has been out of control way before this last incident in Minnesota.
Why? Because of Corruption. Each State of the Union has mostly its own set of law. Than You have Louisiana with its own Unique set of laws. Now lets throw in Federal law. The Law makers up in Congress also. Each State pulling in every which way. We gonna do this. Your gonna do that, But oh wait what about the Money? Oh yeah that issue with Money from drug companies, money from illegal drugs being used to influence politicians, companies
So let just a pass bill, Didn't the Federal government just give away $3 trillion less than two months ago. Hows that working out now? Everyone wants it given to them, When the opportunities in this country for one to better themselves to become the person they where supposed to become hasn't worked out or they just, So lets just sling dope by the street corner for easy money. Just my Opinion no more nothing less.
Politics man Wow, Never ending story in my book.

update, I Personally am not defending Trump or his administration he's a big man he can Defend himself. No I do not agree with most of his Policies or his antics with the media. But than again I myself wouldn't know who to Trust in the first place up there in the Capital of United States.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone heard or read of any local government or police department, or anyone else, who has offered any ideas about how to decrease or stop deaths at the hands of the Police (knowing that it will probably never actually stop)?

Protesting is fine, if you want to have people become involved, but eventually, it has to run its course and while people are protesting, police forces are stretched thin, businesses are losing more money/inventory/storefronts, other property is being damaged and lives are being lost because of additional Police incidents, car crashes from reckless driving and shootings by rioters. In Milwaukee, all I have seen is the Mayor talking about it on TV, the Police Chief (who's Hispanic) saying that people need to stop vandalizing and looting, protesters talking to reporters with the crowds shouting slogans and nobody seems to want to stick their necks out to come up with any concrete plans. The basic problem has been identified; people are being killed while being arrested and in Police custody- what now? They obviously need to dig into what prompted the killings- is it bad cops, cops who aren't bad but have reached the tipping point, cops who are quick-tempered, were the arrested being violent/on drugs or other intoxicants? Next, they need to look into department procedures and how they deal with incidents that are simply violent or lead to a death.

It's not a new problem- why have they not come up with something by now?

What's next, if they aren't saying anything? The silence is deafening.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Has anyone heard or read of any local government or police department, or anyone else, who has offered any ideas about how to decrease or stop deaths at the hands of the Police (knowing that it will probably never actually stop)?

Protesting is fine, if you want to have people become involved, but eventually, it has to run its course and while people are protesting, police forces are stretched thin, businesses are losing more money/inventory/storefronts, other property is being damaged and lives are being lost because of additional Police incidents, car crashes from reckless driving and shootings by rioters. In Milwaukee, all I have seen is the Mayor talking about it on TV, the Police Chief (who's Hispanic) saying that people need to stop vandalizing and looting, protesters talking to reporters with the crowds shouting slogans and nobody seems to want to stick their necks out to come up with any concrete plans. The basic problem has been identified; people are being killed while being arrested and in Police custody- what now? They obviously need to dig into what prompted the killings- is it bad cops, cops who aren't bad but have reached the tipping point, cops who are quick-tempered, were the arrested being violent/on drugs or other intoxicants? Next, they need to look into department procedures and how they deal with incidents that are simply violent or lead to a death.

Why conflate peaceful protests and looting? Why do the police need presence for peaceful protests dressed in armor and being violent? Clear a path for drumphy again! He's got a bible to show us!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

That kind of policy changing will take time to develop implement and then see the results

I think unfortunately the best thing that will chill the police out at least for now is the riots just realizing hopefully how once f@$!Up can send everything spiraling ought of control. When all you need to do is exercise some restraint ( can't always be easy in sometimes dangerous situations but still I feel it can be done)

Heres 2 problems I see. The officers are all charged they are still protesting and at night rioting. When they are asked why they state it wasn't enough or they should have been charged sooner. That's getting old. Youve made your point all the officers are charged it's like they want every thing to be changed right this minute and that's not possible change is possible but that much policy and training changes will take time to implement Its like they can't see that I can understand they're lack of trust I'm not unsympathetic but still something has got to give both ways on there s got be hopefully some give and take

Which leads to problem 2 once the rioting and things start building its hard to just shut that off ESPECIALLY when you have thanks to COVID a lot of people out of work and A TON of young people not back in school nothing to do no options in sight it's not surprising there ought now for days upon days just tearing stuff apart

But here's my concern there have been concerns on the news here about extremist groups survailing where off duty cops live. And worries to our communities out here to be careful due to some online threats of them bringing this into the neighborhood's

Last night in New York some one just walked up to a cop and stuck a knife in his neck saw that on the news unprovocated

Some of the threats I'm not sure to take seriously but one thing that cannot be condoned is just allowing at night these extremists to continue using cops as target practice and then throwing them under the bus like some mayors and others have down

There are a lot of good officers out there and enough businesses communities individuals and officers have paid the price for the f@$ up that started this off. Either it starts toning down or eventually somebody is going to have to step in

I don't want that to be Trump with our armed forces but hopefully this weekend things start to calm down thankfully not even hid own cabinet or the Pentagon appear to want to back him on this thank GOD for that

Well just have to see how it plays out.

I'll tell you one thing tho you think these riots are bad God forbid if they try those cops and they get off.

Damn I don't even want to be around for what happens if that comes about. Sh@! Will go to a whole new level real quick

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'll tell you one thing tho you think these riots are bad God forbid if they try those cops and they get off.

Damn I don't even want to be around for what happens if that comes about. Sh@! Will go to a whole new level real quick
Rodney King was a peaceful protest compared to what would happen in the scenario you just mentioned.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

I thought John Oliver, in the video posted earlier, made some very good points on the topic of police violence. I believe the occupation attracts higher proportion of authoritarian personalities than average and there should be better personality screening to weed out such people.
An interesting article. It's a bit more nuanced than the title would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis