as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thus it is clear that the cotton gin enabled the slave holding way of life, despite Senator, VP etc. Calhoun's protestations to the opposite.
Just goes to show you that humans' resistance to change (even when it might be to their benefit) is anything but a novel phenomenon.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I would argue that the expansion could have been accomplished in far better ways. However, coming from and descended mainly from European countries, the attitude that the World is theirs for the taking is understandable since European colonialism had been carried out for hundreds of years, by then.
Now that you mention it, one of the "justifications" for the American revolution was that the British government had negotiated agreements with the aboriginal peoples to stop westward expansion, while colonists were chafing at the bit to move onto all that "free" land.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I really don't know who is is responsible for the looting but i'll steal a phrase from our idiot in chief and say that there are BAD people on both sides likely responsible, mostly young males white and black. I think the data for who is responsible simply isn't reliable so I make no judgements. However, the protests were largely started by the left (the peaceful ones) and it is fair to assume that some of the rioters are on the left. I refuse to paint with any broad brushes. I merely wanted to point out something a little ironic about masks and protests. I am certainly not comparing the current protesters to the Klan though I can see how it might have been taken that way.
An interesting article on the topic.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Now that you mention it, one of the "justifications" for the American revolution was that the British government had negotiated agreements with the aboriginal peoples to stop westward expansion, while colonists were chafing at the bit to move onto all that "free" land.
Look into the taxation and trade restrictions (which were very harsh and in some cases, literally amounted to theft), too. Materials produced here had to be shipped to England for processing and in the case of furniture, were often built in England with inferior materials than what had been ear-marked for the items. America had lumber that wasn't available in England and they took it for themselves. Also, anything that left to be processed was taxed on the way out as raw materials and again on the way back, as finished goods- that was in addition to the cost to ship it both ways.

highfigh

highfigh

I really don't know who is is responsible for the looting but i'll steal a phrase from our idiot in chief and say that there are BAD people on both sides likely responsible, mostly young males white and black. I think the data for who is responsible simply isn't reliable so I make no judgements. However, the protests were largely started by the left (the peaceful ones) and it is fair to assume that some of the rioters are on the left. I refuse to paint with any broad brushes. I merely wanted to point out something a little ironic about masks and protests. I am certainly not comparing the current protesters to the Klan though I can see how it might have been taken that way.
You may not want to paint with a broad brush, but you just did, by writing "However, the protests were largely started by the left (the peaceful ones)...".

How many times have you heard of conservatives throwing bricks, rocks and bottles at the Police and how many would do that near their own neighborhoods? We had a wig shop looted and boxes of hair extensions were stolen- what would conservatives do with those (other than be stylin')? :)

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
You may not want to paint with a broad brush, but you just did, by writing "However, the protests were largely started by the left (the peaceful ones)...".

How many times have you heard of conservatives throwing bricks, rocks and bottles at the Police and how many would do that near their own neighborhoods? We had a wig shop looted and boxes of hair extensions were stolen- what would conservatives do with those (other than be stylin')? :)
Maybe that is because in this country the police represent the conservative establishment and the left for change.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure he could reach it from there.
I wasn't thinking in terms of stroking it, but just hiding the bulge!
Putting his hand on the back of the car for balance/stability would be expected, not in his pocket.
I mean how unnatural does this look?
1591199669014.jpeg

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
With all do respect, the racial crap has been emanating from the libs in congress and from the likes of cnn and msnbc for awhile and especially after trump was elected. There is an agenda being pushed and it's
not an agenda with our my best interest in mind.
Fixed it for you!
So you are saying there is no basis for "this racial crap" being discussed by politicians or media?
So trump hates black people?
I honestly don't think he does in particular! My interpretation of his behaviors is that he really couldn't care less about anything aside from his image "as a winner". Think about how he got upset about the photos of Obama's inauguration showing larger attendance, or how he would start telling foreign dignitaries about his "magnificent win" in Wisconsin, etc (like they'd care).
He does know he can play on peoples fears about immigrants and racial violence. Why do you think he is invoking memories from the racial events of the 1960's and preaching severe measures against protesters other than to inflate the conflict? The bigger he can make these protests, the more fear and outrage he can garner from his base. He knows he cannot really increase his base without alienating other factions of his base, but he also knows he can increase the turn-out from his base by increasing their fear and sense of outrage!
Of course, he is also quite happy to turn the discussion away from the pandemic! He is gambling that the seasonal effect is strong and the virus will go dormant and we will not have any new major spike until after the election. If he is lucky, that could work out for him.
That is the worst part of it. He is in it, all or nothing, for "the win", and part of that winning is having the virus "behind us" (until the election is over). Reason and logic would dictate that we slowly relax countermeasures, but Trump is going for broke by gagging the CDC's guide to reopening the country. If his gamble loses, he loses and will be a defeated man, but whether 150,000 die or 500,000 die is not something he will lose any sleep over. He doesn't want people to die, he just doesn't care if they do! Just like he doesn't hate black people.

Last edited:
chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Putting his hand on the back of the car for balance/stability would be expected, not in his pocket.
View attachment 36781
I think he's hiding something from the camera. maybe evidence he wants to plant or stole??

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Look into the taxation and trade restrictions (which were very harsh and in some cases, literally amounted to theft), too. Materials produced here had to be shipped to England for processing and in the case of furniture, were often built in England with inferior materials than what had been ear-marked for the items. America had lumber that wasn't available in England and they took it for themselves. Also, anything that left to be processed was taxed on the way out as raw materials and again on the way back, as finished goods- that was in addition to the cost to ship it both ways.
Hey, I'm not suggesting they had no legitimate beefs with the crown, heaven knows they did. But, we were talking about territorial expansion. If you want to talk about getting eff'ed over by Great Britain, the history of Newfoundland, where I grew up, is replete with it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
With all do respect, the racial crap has been emanating from the libs in congress and from the likes of cnn and msnbc for awhile and especially after trump was elected. There is an agenda being pushed and it's
not an agenda with our best interest in mind.
So trump hates black people?
The drumpf family is famous for their racism, you been living under a rock or something? Don't remember him being sued for discrimination for their scheme to keep blacks out of their buildings? Federal lawsuit 1973 for violation of the Fair Housing Act....caught red handed. He also supports KKK and has had staffers who are white nationalists....so yeah, I consider that he's a total schmuck in this regard. A turd of the highest quality.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
while we're on the subject of schmucks and turds check out these fine upstanding citizens ..........

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously? They thought the US would try to invade Canada? How? With what?

They indeed tried in 1775 but were forced to retreat:

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
while we're on the subject of schmucks and turds check out these fine upstanding citizens ..........

So you're now comparing drumphy with the looters....could be some parallels for sure....

highfigh

highfigh

Maybe that is because in this country the police represent the conservative establishment and the left for change.
I don't know where you live, but that doesn't describe the relationship between the police and those in power, or those with the most money.

BTW- change for the sake of change isn't good, just as not changing because "But, it's always been this way" is bad. The Left tends to make a lot of promises they can't keep, spend money on failing programs and act like the failures were someone elses' fault. But that's the way it is here- hopefully, it's different in other places.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So you're now comparing drumphy with the looters....could be some parallels for sure....
There are similarities between the Trumps and looters. They are both self-interested opportunists who hijack a cause for personal gain. They don't care about any of the damage they cause, in fact they revel in the chaos; the worse things get, the better it is for them.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There are similarities between the Trumps and looters. They are both self-interested opportunists who hijack a cause for personal gain. They don't care about any of the damage they cause, in fact they revel in the chaos; the worse things get, the better it is for them.
well said, I'm a little surprised that 'Lovin' didn't figure that out on his own .........

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
View attachment 36781
For you guys saying his hand is in his pocket, isn't he just wearing a black glove with it on his black pants, thus making it look like his hand is in his pocket when it actually isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis