as if COVID wasn't bad enough ............

Status
Not open for further replies.
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I mean, Republicans don't usually want big government.

The department did nothing to prevent it- if we watch a crime being committed and do nothing, they can arrest us for it. Nobody who watched tried to make the cops stop.
Doesn't appear that way in practice. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes true?

If you were a bystander and saw what they were doing to this guy would you stick your neck out?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
If you were a bystander and saw what they were doing to this guy would you stick your neck out?
If I had been watching long enough to know why they arrested him ... and seen how he did not resist before being handcuffed ... and on his belly with a knee on his throat ... and if I was black?
Hell no!

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL!
Point taken! I am, obviously, historically deficient!
Looked them up:
Austrailia - their campaign started in 1901 and got independence in 1986! That wouldn't work here - our attention span could not support that.
New Zealand rode Austrailia's coat tails to freedom!
As for Canada, we took the "piss and vinegar" out of British Colonialism so you could have a better go of it - Your Welcome! :D :p

...Just having fun with it!
Seriously, thanks for the info, I was unaware! I do believe the US rebellion probably made the Brits rethink how to maintain colonies, but that doesn't mean patience would not have won out in the long run for the US!
Well, before the revolution, the American colonies were the Brits. It's not like they were an occupying force. It was as much a civil war as a rebellion. Thousands of loyalists emigrated to the northern (Canadian) colonies during and after the revolution.

As for Canadian independence, we weren't in any hurry...I guess we didn't realize we were being oppressed.:D In fact, it wasn't until the American Civil War before there was any real impetus for the Canadian colonies to unite and form a country. With the massive size of the Union army, there was a fear that after defeating the south, there would be a temptation to fulfill "manifest destiny" and march north.

I have no wish to derail the thread, so do not adjust your set and return to the regularly scheduled broadcast.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Kinda begs the question...
I wonder how many white men have been killed by the police for allegedly passing a counterfeit bill?
How many for selling Looseys on the street?
How many for not paying child support?
How many for driving with a broken tail light?
Or, how many just for driving?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Well, before the revolution, the American colonies were the Brits. It's not like they were an occupying force. It was as much a civil war as a rebellion. Thousands of loyalists emigrated to the northern (Canadian) colonies during and after the revolution.

As for Canadian independence, we weren't in any hurry...I guess we didn't realize we were being oppressed.:D In fact, it wasn't until the American Civil War before there was any real impetus for the Canadian colonies to unite and form a country. With the massive size of the Union army, there was a fear that after defeating the south, there would be a temptation to fulfill "manifest destiny" and march north.

I have no wish to derail the thread, so do not adjust your set and return to the regularly scheduled broadcast.
Somehow we knew... if we did that, we wouldn’t have this:

:oops::eek:

:p:cool::cool:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The Revolution also showed the people of France that they could have one of their own and it wasn't long after that they got rid of their monarchs. Granted, they got Napoleon in the deal, but they got rid of him, too.
They cycled through multiple monarchies and republics until the Franco-Prussian War ended monarchies for good. I've been reading "Citizens", by Simon Schama, recently. The Russian Bolsheviks must have used it as an example to follow, for the atrocities incurred. They had to wait a few decades for democracy...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If I had been watching long enough to know why they arrested him ... and seen how he did not resist before being handcuffed ... and on his belly with a knee on his throat ... and if I was black?
Hell no!
If I had been a bystander, I would have been as hesitant to interfere as everyone else. And then, after watching him die, I would have carried the guilt with me for the rest of my days. Doing the right thing is not always an easy choice. :(

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
If I had been a bystander, I would have been as hesitant to interfere as everyone else. And then, after watching him die, I would have carried the guilt with me for the rest of my days. Doing the right thing is not always an easy choice. :(
Part of me wants to laugh at this... part of me is SMDH-ing...

Human-ing shouldn't be so difficult.

Doing the right thing is not always an easy choice.
This. So true!

I wise friend once said: "I respect the Police and appreciate greatly what they do, but I don't want to even come within an arms length of an officer."

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
did you see a 'compete' video of the incident from the beginning to end ?? no you didn't , there's 5 plus minutes missing. Now I am BY NO MEANS condoning the cops shitty handling of this tragic event, but you, like me, are reacting to what we 'did' see...........

I know it was four years ago, guess I missed the rioting and looting that happened after this one .............

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
did you see a 'compete' video of the incident from the beginning to end ?? no you didn't , there's 5 plus minutes missing. Now I am BY NO MEANS condoning the cops shitty handling of this tragic event, but you, like me, are reacting to what we 'did' see...........

I know it was four years ago, guess I missed the rioting and looting that happened after this one .............

The officers that attended the training I mentioned earlier did watch the entire video. Their response was "that guy just needs to be gone ... not just as a cop, but as a human being"!

The traditional police academy training is "once they are cuffed they are not a threat" when there is more than one officer on the scene (and you should not cuff in a one-on-one situation). At that point you watch their eyes to see if they are looking for a place to rabbit and you either get in the way or lay them down (nobody can get up super fast with hands cuffed behind their back).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
"I respect the Police and appreciate greatly what they do, but I don't want to even come within an arms length of an officer."
Lawyers and doctors are the groups I was advised to avoid.

And I went down to the demonstration
To get my fair share of abuse
Hell no ... they're playing keepsies.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Not talking about another situation particularly....would you have stepped in on this situation if your fat white butt was on the line? (oops forgot the smiley :) ).

ps You're talking about possible assault on a police officer and other charges....you get a bunch of people maybe...by yourself just a martyr more than anything?

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Gonna get real honest here. My father in law is a career cop. Started as a sheriff and went in to become a state trooper. From the stories he's told me he's one of the ones that doesn't hold back his contempt for the shitty ones in the mix. He never went beyond a patrol officer because he didn't want the responsibility, but also he knew they'd be out to get him because of his opinions on what is right. He retired (forced) because of a scuffle with a known cartel member. Had a chase though San Antonio and tried to shoot out the guys tires (while making sure a wall was between the vehicle and anything else). Ended up in a fist fight with the guy because he was going to attack is much smaller partner and subdued the guy. Guy admits my father in law was well within his right to take him down. Broke his hand on the dudes face. What happened? He got investigated and sued (or some such) by the DPS. Found no fault, but his career was over. Retired because of the need to be away from the BS and is now a sheriff again guarding the courthouse in town because it's a cushy gig. He's damn near 60 and this is what he had to put up with just doing his job. He's told me so many stories of pulling black folks over that get freaked out and he has to calm them down telling them he's not here to ruin their day or anything else. Lots of those involved lower ranked or inexperienced officers that wanted to ruin their day, but he stopped it saying they didn't do anything other than a mild traffic offense.

He's on of the good ones. He's appalled by this type of misconduct and one of the reasons he refused to patrol.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well we have had quite a time of it here in the Twin Cities. A rogue cop has left us in a crisis. The perp in chief is in jail. The Hmong guy has left the state and probably in Cambodia, or on his way I suspect. One of the others has also left the state, but I think his whereabouts are known.

There was massive destruction in Minneapolis and St Paul, and I think around 300 businesses destroyed so far. A post office, bank and police precinct are gone.

Abbot North Western hospital where my wife used t work, has had to go on limited service because of the danger.

So far the suburbs have been largely spared, although most have had some incidents. Yesterday, the Walmart in Eagan was hit in broad daylight. There was a lightening police response, according to my wife who was in the vicinity. Today the outlet mall was closed after a credible threat.

My eldest daughter lives very close to the troubles, and one of the areas of heavy damage was within easy view of her apartment at 35th and Nicolet. She is a new apartment block on 35th.

A car was left abandoned in the road right outside her apartment on Friday morning. There were others placed around the vicinity. She made repeated calls to the authorities to have it moved and could get no action.

Just around 3:30 AM Saturday the offenders exploded it right outside her living room window. According to her the boom was terrifying. No response from 911.

This would have set fire to their apartment block. Residents quickly grabbed every fire extinguisher in the apartment block and were able to control the fire.

So my daughter and our 17 year old grand daughter turned up at our front door just after 4:00 AM Saturday morning.

I registered my severe displeasure the the Governor, and the mayors of Minneapolis and St. Paul on Thursday and Friday evenings both. I was in favor of overwhelming force.

On Saturday a crowd ignored curfew, and marched towards down town Minneapolis. They were marching "meat a hoop" towards down town Minneapolis.

There was not a sign of police or National guard. Then in a split second a vast number of combat ready forces in full riot gear appeared out of nowhere and took up position ahead and behind them almost instantly, with vehicles immediately following. The leashed and enormous volleys of tear gas grenades and rubber bullets at the miscreants immediately and sent them reeling, with no route of escape. Many looked to be really smarting from the bullets. I suspect they give you a really nasty pasting. I noted one of the demonstrators had his leg really split apart by one of the bullets and was bleeding significantly.

This crowd of curfew breakers were rapidly headed into "paddy wagons" and ignominiously carted away.

That massive show of force turned the tide. Last night a bunch of curfew breakers surrendered quickly and were carted away without incident. There has been no serious violence since that shock and awe incident on Saturday evening.

The sad thing is that at a bad time a lot of businesses where wantonly destroyed and even more jobs will be lost. The are a number of areas that look like war zones which they have been.

I really hope this ends the nonsense here.

Of the arrest 14" are out of town left wing anarchists or white supremacists. Not sure of the proportion of each.

As Margaret Thatcher waned during the "winter of discontent", "The Veneer of Society is very thin."

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well we have had quite a time of it here in the Twin Cities. A rogue cop has left us in a crisis.
The problem is it was not just a rogue cop that precipitated this crisis. How many incidents like this have to occur before we call it widespread? I don't condone the destruction of property, but I can understand the frustrations that fuels these protests. A cop killed a guy in front of a crowd, and the other officers stood around like it was routine. I am guessing that is because it was routine. And you know damn well that the worst that would have happened to those cops would have been a slap on the wrist were it not for mass riots.

You know what would have gone a huge way in defusing this situation: for the political leadership of the city to admit there was a problem and then to have a serious plan to fix that problem. But that would require acknowledging an ugly reality, and your political leadership doesn't seem to have the stomach for that.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The problem is it was not just a rogue cop that precipitated this crisis. How many incidents like this have to occur before we call it widespread? I don't condone the destruction of property, but I can understand the frustrations that fuels these protests. A cop killed a guy in front of a crowd, and the other officers stood around like it was routine. I am guessing that is because it was routine. And you know damn well that the worst that would have happened to those cops would have been a slap on the wrist were it not for mass riots.

You know what would have gone a huge way in defusing this situation: for the political leadership of the city to admit there was a problem and then to have a serious plan to fix that problem. But that would require acknowledging an ugly reality, and your political leadership doesn't seem to have the stomach for that.
I think both you and TLS Guy are both right

But Shady somewhere a line has to get drawn where it's got to stop. It's getting past the point of what leadership shouldve done or could have done it's morphing into something that just needs to be dealt with in the moment

The points been made we get it. But if this keeps going then people are really going to get hurt hell they already have. It'll continue to escalate

Some of the protesters are talking about going into suburbs and neighborhoods I've seen that on the news and some of the more extreme militant groups they suspect are getting involved in the protests are sending out messages to leave the city and go into the neighborhoods

Now are they truly willing to do that? I don't know but if it happens here in Texas everyone is armed to the teeth and it'll be a blood bath

And the large amount of support they are getting from everyone could be compromised

People tend to be less understanding when you start looting there home and threatening there families

I think the protests were neccessary to get the point across and your right Shady if they hadn't escalated things wouldnt have changed but the problem with escalating into riots is It's like our national lockdowns once you get them going it's really hard to get them to stop

Like a pitbull going into a red zone once they are there they can't see anything else and you can no longer reason with them once they lock on

I think it's gotten to that point or its going to if we let it escalate any further

I'm not going to bs you guys I'm already strapped but I'm probably going to pick up a couple more for home defense and a lot more ammo.

I've got two beautiful older parents that have to live with me down here that wouldn't hurt a fly and just see the world in such a good way it hurts me a little to know if anything were to go wrong they just don't have that capacity they don't have it in them to protect themselves.

Once they started rioting in downtown San Antonio on Saturday taking out businesses and attacking people and cops and then making statements there going to bring it into the suburbs well that changed some things for me Shady

On Facebook this guy was videod downtown trying to just talk or reason with them as they were trying to destroy 4 different businesses about 20 dudes all jumped him and in this video I didnt see many of them being white. I do know a lot of whites are causing problems tho but not in this one

That fella has some balls the size of a whales I don't know if I would have had the guts to do that no weapons he didn't try to start any crap he just stood in there way and wouldn't move 4 different times as they attacked 4 different businesses finally the cops came 2 his rescue or he could've ended up beaten to death

I'll see if I can link it tommorow

But tell me where is the honor in that? What message is being expressed for both the incident that started all this and for black lives matter in this? I'm sorry Shady but it's gotten out of hand and the original point is getting lost in the violence thats escalating and I see TLS Guys side too it's gotta stop and if they won't stop themselves then somebody is going to have to step in for them.

I want justice on those cops and I want change in the system and I want white privilege a term that is all too unfortunately real to be changed for all into a word like American citizens a privilege that is given to all of her citizens

And I love all colors but Damn Shady if they bring this into my home theres only one color that's going to be on the walls whether it's mine or theres

Real talk theyve made there point this needs to stop

From a psychiatry point of view this is why I dreaded the lock down. You got over 40 million people out there going stir crazy with nothing to do this is exactly the kind of stuff that ends up happening

And here's the real kicker guys

unemployment benefits will run out I'm not sure when but if they do and no aid is extended well this could just be the beginning

Be safe and hope for the best but also be prepared as well for the best and the worst just be ready for anything and lets hope it doesn't come down to that.

I'm going to hope for the best but prepare for the worst and hopefully be pleasantly surprised if the worst doesn't happen

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
damn that video on the left is when he got jumped the first time he did this 4 Damn times that night for 4 different establishments I don't know how he didnt end up at least in the hospital it won't play on the link I posted I'll try to put it up another way just pretty horrible to watch

Okay post edit I think you can see the video just click on her picture and it takes you to her Facebook page scroll to the original post and click on the phone video I think that'll work

That's the kind off b.s. that was going on in my hometown down town Saturday night although I know so many of us went through it all over the country

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I do need to put a disclaimer I apologize when I saw it last night it was late there were some whites involved as well when I rewatched it I apologize for the misinterpretation of the data of what I saw but still my feelings about it and this situation escalating too far are unchanged stuff has gotta stop doesn't matter how relevant the point was starting off its just gotta stop at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis