Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Yesterday I saw a surprising editorial in the highly respected British medical journal, The Lancet. It attacked the GOP led efforts, both by George W Bush and Trump, to erode the ability of the once highly regarded US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Lancet went on to say:

"The Trump administration's further erosion of the CDC will harm global cooperation in science and public health, as it is trying to do by defunding WHO. A strong CDC is needed to respond to public health threats, both domestic and international, and to help prevent the next inevitable pandemic. Americans must put a president in the White House come January, 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics."​

Read the whole editorial:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31140-5/fulltext

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yesterday I saw a surprising editorial in the highly respected British medical journal, The Lancet. It attacked the GOP led efforts, both by George W Bush and Trump, to erode the ability of the once highly regarded US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Lancet went on to say:

"The Trump administration's further erosion of the CDC will harm global cooperation in science and public health, as it is trying to do by defunding WHO. A strong CDC is needed to respond to public health threats, both domestic and international, and to help prevent the next inevitable pandemic. Americans must put a president in the White House come January, 2021, who will understand that public health should not be guided by partisan politics."​

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31140-5/fulltext

From the editorial, this is just astonishing!

"The strained relationship between the CDC and the federal government was further laid bare when, according to The Washington Post, Deborah Birx, the head of the US COVID-19 Task Force and a former director of the CDC's Global HIV/AIDS Division, cast doubt on the CDC's COVID-19 mortality and case data by reportedly saying: “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust”. "​

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
From the editorial, this is just astonishing!

"The strained relationship between the CDC and the federal government was further laid bare when, according to The Washington Post, Deborah Birx, the head of the US COVID-19 Task Force and a former director of the CDC's Global HIV/AIDS Division, cast doubt on the CDC's COVID-19 mortality and case data by reportedly saying: “There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust”. "​
The man who said "There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust" is the same man who authorized and directed the severe budget cuts that so disabled the CDC.

After those disabling cuts, when the pandemic arrived, it became Trump's Pandumbic.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The man who said "There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust" is the same man who authorized and directed the severe budget cuts that so disabled the CDC.

After those disabling cuts, when the pandemic arrived, it became Trump's Pandumbic.
You know people talk about how the CDC had that error that delayed tests coming out I wonder how much of that can be attributed to this? You do tend to get what you pay for so to speak

Cut there funding you cut there ability to perform just a thought

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
[IQUOTE="Danzilla31, post: 1391302, member: 85700"]
[/QUOTE]
Interesting article totally seems to hit home every thing you just said

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a report that survival rates for patients on vents is actually quite a bit better than some of the earlier reports out of New York:

>>>COVID-19 has given ventilators an undeservedly bad reputation, says Dr. Colin Cooke, an associate professor of medicine in the division of pulmonary and critical care at the University of Michigan.

"It's always disheartening to know that some people are out there saying if you end up on a ventilator it's a death sentence, which is not what we are experiencing — and I don't think it's what the data are showing," Cooke says.

Early reports from China, the United Kingdom and Seattle found mortality rates as high as 90% among patients on ventilators. And more recently, a study of some New York hospitals seemed to show a mortality rate of 88%.

But Cooke and others say the New York figure was misleading because the analysis included only patients who had either died or been discharged. "So folks who were actually in the midst of fighting their illness were not being included in the statistic of patients who were still alive," he says.

Those patients made up more than half of all the people in the study.<<<

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

Yes, I saw that earlier today. What an embarrassment for our country to have an editorial like that have to appear in one of the world's most respected medical journals that has a history of over 100 years. They have never had to do anything like that before to have to try and protect the integrity of science. Any right thinking person that does not believe in voodoo has a moral imperative to vote this clown out. That includes you Herbu if you are still around. @herbu.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Good news again today from Oxford.

They seem a very confident lot.

A really think this team are going to bale us out from this.

This is something that the UK have been preparing for a long time. In recent years one of the principle charges to Porton Down has been pandemic preparedness and in particular rapid vaccine development of vaccines as against novel infectious agents. So they are not stating from square 1. I wonder how long they have had this virus in their possession? May be longer than the cover story. I would love to be a fly on the wall of MI5. In the UK they try and keep these sorts of activities very secret. So if there is more to this the world will have to wait at least a 100 years to find out.

Our CIA is another thing Trump has hobbled. I bet if this is successful he will try and steel the credit.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Here's a report that survival rates for patients on vents is actually quite a bit better than some of the earlier reports out of New York:

>>>COVID-19 has given ventilators an undeservedly bad reputation, says Dr. Colin Cooke, an associate professor of medicine in the division of pulmonary and critical care at the University of Michigan.

"It's always disheartening to know that some people are out there saying if you end up on a ventilator it's a death sentence, which is not what we are experiencing — and I don't think it's what the data are showing," Cooke says.

Early reports from China, the United Kingdom and Seattle found mortality rates as high as 90% among patients on ventilators. And more recently, a study of some New York hospitals seemed to show a mortality rate of 88%.

But Cooke and others say the New York figure was misleading because the analysis included only patients who had either died or been discharged. "So folks who were actually in the midst of fighting their illness were not being included in the statistic of patients who were still alive," he says.

Those patients made up more than half of all the people in the study.<<<

One of the big problems has been that this virus causes two types of lung injury. The commonest injury is a high compliance injury never seen before in other disease process. It is totally novel. The other injury much less common in this disease is ARDS. The common injury in this disease makes the lungs susceptible to barotrauma from the ventilator. It takes a while for medical teams to learn how to manage this. It is an injury with in inordinately slow recovery time so many patients are on the ventilator for weeks. This does however make treatment with high flow oxygen possible in many cases which ARDS does not. The trouble with the later is the dreadful incidence of infection being passed on to the attending medical staff. This has created the urgent and costly need to re engineer hospital for negative pressure rooms.

Interestingly this engineering was developed by Sir John Charnley so he cold greatly reduce the incidence of infection for his pioneering total hip replacements. He was a truly great pioneering surgeon. He turned up the first devices on his own lathe in his basement. He received absolutely no official backing only interference and had to do all this pioneering work with help from engineers from the UK motor industry who volunteered their time. This whole story would make a wonderful movie.

He had been an orthopedic resident at Guys hospital and gave us lectures about it all. His slides of it all where totally astonishing of how he accomplished all this.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, I saw that earlier today. What an embarrassment for our country to have an editorial like that have to appear in one of the world's most respected medical journals that has a history of over 100 years. They have never had to do anything like that before to have to try and protect the integrity of science. Any right thinking person that does not believe in voodoo has a moral imperative to vote this clown out. That includes you Herbu if you are still around. @herbu.
I think that includes the current G.O.P. as they clearly have not been up to the task.

highfigh

highfigh

I'd like a quick add to the above posts. Masks are no efffing good if the don't cover your NOSE as well as your mouth. I've seen so many people with masks with an exposed nose the pst few days it's ridiculous. Is it really that complicated to wear a mask instructions are needed?
If you want to instruct people on how to wear a mask, carry a small ball peen hammer with you. A light tap on the forehead should get their attention.

highfigh

highfigh

I think that includes the current G.O.P. as they clearly have not been up to the task.
I was surprised when McConnell said he was wrong. That's a gutsy move. Must be tired of being in Congress.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed, a lot of the elephants in the room have bumbled and stumbled but the crop of Jackasses waiting outside the door, I'm not to sure of them as well ..........

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I'm not sure how relevant this is but it made for a good read just something new to look at

I almost choked on my breakfast this morning when I read this

The day your local organized crime outfit can help you more then your government lol
Who'd have thought?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I was surprised when McConnell said he was wrong. That's a gutsy move. Must be tired of being in Congress.
But then he didn't go further while he was trying to castigate Obama for not having one?
I guess he didn't dare call out Trump and team at least not pulingl it out and see how good it was. It may have been the same that the team had exercised with in early 2017
but I guess all those folks are long gone and forgotten along with the plan.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Watchinh FOX’s news channel “Watters World” very Interesting point of view. President Trump getting his arm Twisted to do another Pardon. Barack Obama sure doesn’t like being Questioned. When Trump Questioned Barack gangsta Crook Obama president it sure got under his skin.
Than again no President likes to be questions.
Gotta get Rid of the crooked lawmakers get rid of the Chief law-enforcement guys! If any President can succeed at cleaning the swamp, first you gotta cut the head of the snake first, start at top first.

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Man @TLS Guy you weren't kidding about people growing restless due to the stay at home orders it seems like the moment someplace tries to ease up restrictions boom! People are all over the place

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis