mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
While they are nicely lined up and the screws are great, that countersunk holes in the hinge should have taken flat head screws. ;)

But, that's just me. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

SMDH

Built the door. Me +1
Everything lined up and ready to go... measured, squared off, pilot holes centered...

And two of the hinges moved off center above center line to the opening side... in the EXACT SAME ANGLE!
WTF!!!

Door +1

Brain broke.
Angry.
A.
F.
:mad:

Not much to do but try again... Just don't know how I went perfect on one, and how the other two went off kilter exactly the same. Exactly.

SMDH
Next time if there is one, clamp that straight edge then clamp each hinge. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
While they are nicely lined up and the screws are great, that countersunk holes in the hinge should have taken flat head screws. ;)

But, that's just me. :)
Oh, I know. ;) I tried those first. If I could found the equivalent I woulda done that. But short that, I found some good heavy duty wood screws that didn’t strip and drove true. I’d of rather found better hinges. :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Boom.
Door.
Works.
Clasp and handles tomorrow. ;)

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Boom.
Door.
Works.
Clasp and handles tomorrow. ;)

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.
Umm.. what this! I know you working on a door, umm Dog house? door way to a under ground bunker? oh oh door way to your stash house! :p;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Umm.. what this! I know you working on a door, umm Dog house? door way to a under ground bunker? oh oh door way to your stash house! :p;)
That’s one hell of a dog! Had to keep it safe from the cats! They’re killers!!! :p

highfigh

highfigh

Some Swedish chefs recommend to use the microwave oven to "cook" pre-sliced bacon bought in shops nowadays. The reason is too much water is injected in the bacon so a crispy bacon of childhood of yore is pretty much impossible if done in the pan.

As for oven, I've never tried that.
When I still lived at my parents' home, we used to use a baking dish for bacon- put some layers of newspaper in the bottom, layers of bacon and paper towel and cover the last paper towel with newspaper. The paper soaks up the grease and the bacon was nice and crispy. IIRC, it was set for 8 minutes on High.

highfigh

highfigh

Only time I went to a catholic service was a wedding that took freaking forever! I didn't think regular services were all that quick either but then at age 7 I said screw this fairy tale stuff.
The Roman Catholic Church has refined suffering to great lows. Kneeling for far too long (surprised they had padding at all and I wouldn't be shocked if they had screws and nails sticking out of the top of the kneelers at some point in time), endless droning sermons, guilt laid on in layers and telling people to be good when their whole history is filled with examples of what people should NEVER do......

If it's not too obvious, I was raised as a Cat'lick.

highfigh

highfigh

I've been doing pretty much the SAME thing I've always done even before COVID19 - spend a lot of time with my family, watching movies and TV shows in my HT room, and singing karaoke in the living room. :D
Whose living room?

Someone had to ask.....

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My living room. I usually don’t sing anywhere else even before COVID. :D
So you gotta a Karaoke machine? I can see you now Andrew all Juiced up on some teriyaki vodka with some “Boy George” on the Karaoke machine. :p;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you gotta a Karaoke machine? I can see you now Andrew all Juiced up on some teriyaki vodka with some “Boy George” on the Karaoke machine. :p;)
Well, not a “Karaoke Machine”. I use a Yamaha Stereo Mixer with my HTPC.

highfigh

highfigh

Wow hadn't heard about the hostility/violence towards healthcare workers. That specific to your neck of the woods?

Does remind me of when we rented a house from a fireman and he told us that on trips into the ghetto particularly they would take shields with them to fend off things thrown at them....apparently the preference was to let the slum burn down....which is at least understandable. Attacking someone because they're treating sick people is just nuts (and extremely stupid of course....).
In some places, fire crews don't leave their vehicles until the Police are there because of the violence directed toward them. That's effing insane! OTOH, not helping the PD with investigations because 'snitches get stitches' followed by "Where were the police, to stop this?" is insane too, but that's a whole different can of crap.

highfigh

highfigh

All I can say since I’m retired since 2010 nothing has changed for me I stay home mostly anyways. You gotta have a ton of money to go running out and about. To go Traveling you need to spend a ton of money or fishing you need a boat gear lots of money needed again. So you say well I got a nice motorcycle well again you gotta pay insurance nice Harley Davison motorcycle cause anything else just wouldn’t be American to ride so that’s 20k Minimum.
Ok so you say I just stay home drink Jack Black watch movies, got my setup all done up right so kick back enjoy you home life, cause they lied to all of us when they said retirement is good No it’s isn’t! If I would have known this is what retirement is I would have smoked a lot more Reefer back in the 70’s.
Got any hobbies? Could you make money from one, or more? You could get a part time job, too. I know someone who was a Sr VP at Rexnord and an insurance company before he retired and has been the warranty admin at a local car dealership in his retirement- he's 83, now. I didn't know he had 20 years on me until he told me his age the last time I saw him last Fall but he looks great, he's happy and he definitely doesn't need the money but he is the type who would want to keep his mind busy and sharp.

highfigh

highfigh

Git a monster brisket to smoke this weekend. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

On another note, Menards is requiring all customers to wear a mask. I get a few items from there for certain products for one of my customers. So many people with the mask not covering the nose, etc. It doesn't work that way!! Ugh...
I see that all over- just plain stupid. Mouth-breathers, apparently.

I found some masks with my painting stuff in the basement and looked at the package- sure enough, N95. When I was looking for something in my garage, I found a box of 10 masks with my welder and sure enough, N95. I have had zero symptoms but after seeing the map of where most people in MKE are infected, I think I'm done with the grocery stores in Fox Point & WFB- I'll go to the stores in Mequon because they have only had a total of 95 cases.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Got any hobbies? Could you make money from one, or more? You could get a part time job, too. I know someone who was a Sr VP at Rexnord and an insurance company before he retired and has been the warranty admin at a local car dealership in his retirement- he's 83, now. I didn't know he had 20 years on me until he told me his age the last time I saw him last Fall but he looks great, he's happy and he definitely doesn't need the money but he is the type who would want to keep his mind busy and sharp.
Well my home audio is my hobby, don’t like to fish do like eating them. Love to ride motorcycle but have thus knee replacement so that’s out. I do going riding around some use to do that a lot not so much now. I’ll hangout at my youngest son’s home mess around with the grandkids but my Son and his live in girlfriend can’t seem to keep a clean house to the point of you have to watch where you step are you’ll trip and fall. I’ve done the go hang out at the city park thing not much at all anymore on that. Even done the sitting at the beach thing watch the sailboats go by the young ladies half naked, glad to see that doesn’t get old to watch the lady’s that is.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I have had zero symptoms but after seeing the map of where most people in MKE are infected, I think I'm done with the grocery stores in Fox Point & WFB- I'll go to the stores in Mequon because they have only had a total of 95 cases.
I've been limiting myself to Costco run about every 9-10 days. I did one Sendiks trip but that was at 7 pm when there was hardly anyone in there. Otherwise, I look at the parking lot to decide if I should go in or not. Usually it's a nope and I go home. I'll probably have some later nights at work this week so I can likely get into a grocery store to get the stuff Costco doesn't have at a time of day when it's much less crowded. I strictly avoid the weekends now. So many people without masks, no gloves, acting like it's a just a regular day. I have 3 family members locally that would not survive a case of COVID so I'm being careful. Add in my employees and what would they do for 2 weeks while I'm quarantined... So I'm trying to be careful.

Traffic is up as more people are going out. Had a Karen give me a dirty look this morning because I was doing 75 in the left lane about a mile before my LEFT exit. She was going faster. Really? Traffic wasn't bad and you're giving sh!tty looks literally a mile before a left exit and 1.1 miles before where the Sheriff has been sitting every morning for the past two weeks?

But my brisket was mighty tasty last night. Feels good to get the smoker going again. Been too long...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
First time baking cup cake raha. Looks ok for first time. Forgot the eggs in the first batch. Add a egg to the second batch. I’ll post 2nd batch later.:p
6FC644F0-06B9-42BE-9A78-195D29159F75.jpeg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis