MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm not under total quarantine as the company I work for is considered an essential business so I go to the office 5 days a week , but when I'm home spending time catching up on reading, watching Bogart movies, keeping up on bill paying via computer, etc.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. Hospital is where I work. Although I try to hide this fact from any local person since there seems to be some hate for healthcare workers.

You heard about healthcare workers getting shot at and beaten up?

They tell hospital staffs not to wear any clothes that resemble hospital attires (scrubs, lab coats).

I don’t even wear my hospital name badge unless I am at the hospital.
Wow hadn't heard about the hostility/violence towards healthcare workers. That specific to your neck of the woods?

Does remind me of when we rented a house from a fireman and he told us that on trips into the ghetto particularly they would take shields with them to fend off things thrown at them....apparently the preference was to let the slum burn down....which is at least understandable. Attacking someone because they're treating sick people is just nuts (and extremely stupid of course....).

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
SMDH

Built the door. Me +1
Everything lined up and ready to go... measured, squared off, pilot holes centered...

And two of the hinges moved off center above center line to the opening side... in the EXACT SAME ANGLE!
WTF!!!

Door +1

Brain broke.
Angry.
A.
F.
:mad:

Not much to do but try again... Just don't know how I went perfect on one, and how the other two went off kilter exactly the same. Exactly.

SMDH

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
SMDH

Built the door. Me +1
Everything lined up and ready to go... measured, squared off, pilot holes centered...

And two of the hinges moved off center above center line to the opening side... in the EXACT SAME ANGLE!
WTF!!!

Door +1

Brain broke.
Angry.
A.
F.
:mad:

Not much to do but try again... Just don't know how I went perfect on one, and how the other two went off kilter exactly the same. Exactly.

SMDH
Dang. Pics? Hinges are sneaky.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dang. Pics? Hinges are sneaky.
No sh!t. :p

I’ll post a few tomorrow. Talked to my Dad, too... he was stumped by my description. Eventually he got it. Disbelief and all.

Still stumped about why the top and bottom were off in such precision.

I'm gonna pull them off tomorrow, trace them to confirm they are true to each other, patch the holes for the two that are off, and reset them about 1/2” off.
I’ve a good 6’ level that I can use to make certain the hinge axis is lined up between the 3 hinges... just gonna have to trust that I can keep them dialed in. :)

I will be victorious!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
All I can say since I’m retired since 2010 nothing has changed for me I stay home mostly anyways. You gotta have a ton of money to go running out and about. To go Traveling you need to spend a ton of money or fishing you need a boat gear lots of money needed again. So you say well I got a nice motorcycle well again you gotta pay insurance nice Harley Davison motorcycle cause anything else just wouldn’t be American to ride so that’s 20k Minimum.
Ok so you say I just stay home drink Jack Black watch movies, got my setup all done up right so kick back enjoy you home life, cause they lied to all of us when they said retirement is good No it’s isn’t! If I would have known this is what retirement is I would have smoked a lot more Reefer back in the 70’s.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
My Stay at Home fantasies have been crushed, lately. The Company I work for opened their busiest Cafe back up and I was one of the chosen few going there and helping run the show. My home Cafe is reopening this coming week, along with the Main Cafe (company home) for the company later next week.

I will say this: People not only want, but need, their routine and some sort of social interaction! It doesn't have to be much, but showing up and getting coffee at your favorite spot has been a huge lift to that community and I am eager to see it happen in my local spot. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My Stay at Home fantasies have been crushed, lately. The Company I work for opened their busiest Cafe back up and I was one of the chosen few going there and helping run the show. My home Cafe is reopening this coming week, along with the Main Cafe (company home) for the company later next week.

I will say this: People not only want, but need, their routine and some sort of social interaction! It doesn't have to be much, but showing up and getting coffee at your favorite spot has been a huge lift to that community and I am eager to see it happen in my local spot. :)
Better make sure all of you there are well protected and maybe decon before going home?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Better make sure all of you there are well protected and maybe decon before going home?
Maintaining distancing, wearing masks, gloves, frequent handwashing, sanitation... the whole kit and caboodle. ;)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Maintaining distancing, wearing masks, gloves, frequent handwashing, sanitation... the whole kit and caboodle. ;)
Good luck. :oops: Hopefully people will actually follow all this stuff where you'll be.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Good luck. :oops: Hopefully people will actually follow all this stuff where you'll be.
Don't get me started. It's not the employees, its the guests. I think at some point today, I asked my coworker to get me a baseball bat. o_O

And it's not because I'm a fan who misses the sport. :oops::eek:

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow hadn't heard about the hostility/violence towards healthcare workers. That specific to your neck of the woods?

Does remind me of when we rented a house from a fireman and he told us that on trips into the ghetto particularly they would take shields with them to fend off things thrown at them....apparently the preference was to let the slum burn down....which is at least understandable. Attacking someone because they're treating sick people is just nuts (and extremely stupid of course....).
We were given the same memo at my workplace as well

A lot of us since there's only one way in the hospital have chosen to move our cars up by the front entrance before it gets dark once the parking lot empties out

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Don't get me started. It's not the employees, its the guests. I think at some point today, I asked my coworker to get me a baseball bat. o_O

And it's not because I'm a fan who misses the sport. :oops::eek:
That's what I figured.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Git a monster brisket to smoke this weekend. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

On another note, Menards is requiring all customers to wear a mask. I get a few items from there for certain products for one of my customers. So many people with the mask not covering the nose, etc. It doesn't work that way!! Ugh...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
ok got a card game for you guys to try out, it’s called, Clothes pin hand poker. Get your wife in on this one and your kids 16 years or older don’t want anyone saying you be Child Abusing any kids. Start out playing 5 card poker, the winner of that hand gets to put one clothes pin on each of the losers hand. The only way you get to take a pin off your hand is to win a hand the next game and so on. So if you win a hand You get to take one pin off and put that pin on the next losers hand. At first it’s no big deal till after about 1/2 hour or so where the pins are on your hand start to go red and Numb!! Anyone that quits before the game is finished has to drink a raw egg. lolo

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
No sh!t. :p

I’ll post a few tomorrow. Talked to my Dad, too... he was stumped by my description. Eventually he got it. Disbelief and all.

Still stumped about why the top and bottom were off in such precision.

I'm gonna pull them off tomorrow, trace them to confirm they are true to each other, patch the holes for the two that are off, and reset them about 1/2” off.
I’ve a good 6’ level that I can use to make certain the hinge axis is lined up between the 3 hinges... just gonna have to trust that I can keep them dialed in. :)

I will be victorious!
Ok... here’s a shot of the whole door with the “original placement”

And one close up:
Don’t remember if this was the top or bottom, but they were both rotated the exact same

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So I removed all the old screws, filled the holes, and started over with some new screws. Much better thang the first ones I was using:

Got the point set on all three, made certain everything was lined up, just like last time, then drove those fcukers home:

All three lined up perfectly.
:)

I also drilled pilot holes in the jam, then took the jam out and got it mounted on the wall, nice and straight. Adhesive dries overnight, I’ll pop the clamps off tomorrow afternoon and if I have extra hands will get the door hung tomorrow.

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis