Odd Speakers and Other Curiosities

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
$300 is what they cost in 1977!
Kind of cool, but nothing to write home about! I think they have a 12" woofer, a mid, two tweeters and two super tweeters.
They definitely look like a product of their time. There's a lot of vintage gear out there like it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
View attachment 35970

I saw these the other day. There are some interesting speakers being created by really small boutique companies.
I think those are line array or radiator. Found a pair of these Electro-Voice LR4B out here for $300. No images without the grilles tho. I don't know much about 'em either.
00J0J_eIfPcBwYWLX_600x450.jpg
00909_b8otTtdRszu_600x450.jpg

00a0a_dUwEMaOQ6i9_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Now this brand I've never heard of at all before, but looks like nice stuff. Cypress Audio 3.0 towers and center for $1500.
00p0p_b1c8Vxdvgn6_600x450.jpg
01616_atlkQceZyfm_600x450.jpg

No model or numbers in the description. Just "tower speaker set".

*Edit: Are those bookshelf speakers sitting on top of a pair of subs? Or are those powered bass sections?
**I can't find a damned thing about these speakers...

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Now this brand I've never heard of at all before, but looks like nice stuff. Cypress Audio 3.0 towers and center for $1500.

*Edit: Are those bookshelf speakers sitting on top of a pair of subs? Or are those powered bass sections?
Can't say I've heard of Cypress before either nor see anything with a brief search and don't see them in a list of "known" white van brands either. Does look like powered woofers with tops to make the tower....might be worth a trip to at least take a listen?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
View attachment 35991View attachment 35992

White van all day. Tell the seller you'll take it off his hands and drive it to the dump if he pays you $50 for disposal fee.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
White van all day. Tell the seller you'll take it off his hands and drive it to the dump if he pays you $50 for disposal fee.
Bravo! I have some Google skills but I have to bow before your mastery. I couldn't find anything and I even checked the white van list like HD did.

Those look a lot nicer than your typical white van specials with the dual 5 way binding posts and dual 8" subwoofers. Damn.

*Edit: I emailed the seller. Might have some fun with them... lol

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
"Genelec Speakers". That's it for the description along with this single image...
00w0w_6LV2lT0N1bt_600x450.jpg

Asking $2000! Includes Audio quest cables...

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
"Genelec Speakers". That's it for the description along with this single image...
View attachment 36003

Asking $2000! Includes Audio quest cables...
The woofers are magnetically shielded, an old design. Who's still using a TV set with a cathode ray tube screen which is affected by close speaker magnets?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've never heard of Genelec as a speaker brand. My guess is those are not worth nearly 2k tho... you have any experience with them?
They're a famous studio quality monitor....some of the best. No experience, tho. European based so maybe not so well known on this side of the pond....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, Fluance is a respectable brand, "fluence" however... ;)
I would not doubt that there's a brand named "fluence". They're probably sold by the same company who produce "morentz" audio gear, lol.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis