panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm going to support a local business and order food.

Unrelated, I forgot that my roast takes 3hrs to cook.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Since being "Corona'd" [read: Public Health Lay-Off],

Had to take care of an injured Feline Friend... Tail got chomped and infected... had to subsequently do hot compresses on the wound, clean with H2O2, administer a 7-day course of oral antibiotic, harness+leash walk 3-4 times a day at his discression for 3 days...

I have caught up ~55% of yard work... To do still includes: identify and fix irrigation leaks on 3 different lines (of 7), prune overgrown shrubbery (3 plants), remove 1 dead shrub, mow again, perhaps redo 2 bed borders, plant new shrubs The Lady wants to buy... mow again...

I am building 3 new 3x6' garden beds tomorrow (lumber purchased yesterday, miter saw blade replaced today (required a 3-hour shopping process))...

I will be building/installing a barn door...

I will be finishing a new false wall to finish turning a garage into a dedicated work room...

I will be modifying per provided plan, the tweeter and XO of a pair of speakers I bough 2 winters ago..

I will continue learning SoundEasy and modeling my first subwoofer.

Oh yes... and cooking dinners... exercising... taking care of Cats (the normal kind of care)... and other such aspects of life.

:)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

Had to take care of an injured Feline Friend... Tail got chomped and infected... had to subsequently do hot compresses on the wound, clean with H2O2, administer a 7-day course of oral antibiotic, harness+leash walk 3-4 times a day at his discression for 3 days...

I have caught up ~55% of yard work... To do still includes: identify and fix irrigation leaks on 3 different lines (of 7), prune overgrown shrubbery (3 plants), remove 1 dead shrub, mow again, perhaps redo 2 bed borders, plant new shrubs The Lady wants to buy... mow again...

I am building 3 new 3x6' garden beds tomorrow (lumber purchased yesterday, miter saw blade replaced today (required a 3-hour shopping process))...

I will be finishing a new false wall to finish turning a garage into a dedicated work room...

I will be modifying per provided plan, the tweeter and XO of a pair of speakers I bough 2 winters ago..

Oh yes... and cooking dinners... exercising... taking care of Cats (the normal kind of care)... and other such aspects of life.

Holly Molly, hell I got exhausted just reading what 'you' have to do !!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

See now, that's the thing right here. I think folks are pitching fits about having to stay home with nothing to do when there's puh-lenty for you to do to stay busy. You just gotta look a little. I'd say you're taking full advantage of this situation and might even be benefitting somewhat from the free time to get a lot of stuff done. Good for you man!

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
what's wrong with your arm ?
Tore the left bicep where it attaches to the forearm. Almost a full tear, about 90-95%. Had surgery beginning of March. Saw what was going on with the virus and took the first available surgical spot. I should be back close to full strength by June. Hopefully I can get back to the sporting clays course by then. Sitting at the kitchen table shooting chipmunks with the .22 just isn't the same.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

You treated an injured cat with H2O2 and survived? I tried to give the youngest cat a bath, I just flipped the water on and I suddenly had claws embedded in my neck. I was doing circles in the kitchen shouting "My Neck!! My Neck!! Get it out of my neck!!" Wife bout pissed her pants she was laughing so hard...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Iggy in particular, but all 4 are possibly the most well adjusted beasts I’ve had the pleasure of living with! They were all feral born, same mom, and we basically had them from the time they were kittens. 2 from each of 2 litters, 1 year apart. They are 6 and 5 yrs old now, indoor/outdoor cos there’s no way to take a feral born cat and make them into indoor only cats. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Tore the left bicep where it attaches to the forearm. Almost a full tear, about 90-95%. Had surgery beginning of March. Saw what was going on with the virus and took the first available surgical spot. I should be back close to full strength by June. Hopefully I can get back to the sporting clays course by then. Sitting at the kitchen table shooting chipmunks with the .22 just isn't the same.
However, shooting chipmunks with a .22 is still quite amusing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You treated an injured cat with H2O2 and survived? I tried to give the youngest cat a bath, I just flipped the water on and I suddenly had claws embedded in my neck. I was doing circles in the kitchen shouting "My Neck!! My Neck!! Get it out of my neck!!" Wife bout pissed her pants she was laughing so hard...
People don't understand that cats can mess you up good if they want to.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
People don't understand that cats can mess you up good if they want to.
It was like there was a chainsaw attached to each leg. Never tried to bath that cat again. I just hose it with Febreeze. That cat had self hygiene issues. It's gotten a bit better.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
As promised...
3 garden boxes, cut and assembled:

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think you need a little more distance between those speakers, and are those tweeters at ear height? Might not be a bad idea to corner load that sub too. Looks like you're trying to pressurize quite a large area...

:p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And while building, I also did Ribs!

St. Louis Spares, simmered and rested in a paprika-chili bouillon, then finished in a slow oven while basting... first basted with the bouillon 3x on 10 minutes, then a MO-style BBQ sauce 3x until glazed.

This is a trick I learned a while ago, simmering ribs. You need a very flavorful broth, highly seasoned. Once up to the boil, turn it down and simmer for about 60-75 minutes depending on how tender you want them. (I prefer just short of off-the-bone.) Once finished, lay them upside down in a casserole and cover with the strained broth/bouillon. Rest as long as you can.
If you wanna go for the gold, pull them and dry them, then dry rub them for extra flavor.
Otherwise, lay them out on a sheet tray, put in a slow oven (275°) for ~30 minutes, basting every 10 until they start sizzling, then bump the oven to 325° and baste with sauce of choice.
I’ve done this with different BBQ sauces, a Pizzaiolo sauce... a few of my best have involved a peppered-honey glaze.
Serve hot.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It was like there was a chainsaw attached to each leg. Never tried to bath that cat again. I just hose it with Febreeze. That cat had self hygiene issues. It's gotten a bit better.
What's funny is I had a cat when I was little that if you were taking a bath you couldn't leave the door open because he's run into the bathroom and jump in the tub with you. He LOVED the water. Weirdest cat I ever had.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And while building, I also did Ribs!

St. Louis Spares, simmered and rested in a paprika-chili bouillon, then finished in a slow oven while basting... first basted with the bouillon 3x on 10 minutes, then a MO-style BBQ sauce 3x until glazed.

This is a trick I learned a while ago, simmering ribs. You need a very flavorful broth, highly seasoned. Once up to the boil, turn it down and simmer for about 60-75 minutes depending on how tender you want them. (I prefer just short of off-the-bone.) Once finished, lay them upside down in a casserole and cover with the strained broth/bouillon. Rest as long as you can.
If you wanna go for the gold, pull them and dry them, then dry rub them for extra flavor.
Otherwise, lay them out on a sheet tray, put in a slow oven (275°) for ~30 minutes, basting every 10 until they start sizzling, then bump the oven to 325° and baste with sauce of choice.
I’ve done this with different BBQ sauces, a Pizzaiolo sauce... a few of my best have involved a peppered-honey glaze.
Serve hot.

That sounds really similar to an Alton Brown recipe I love to use.

The braising liquid is delicious and thickens up very nicely on the stove top into a glaze/sauce.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As promised...
3 garden boxes, cut and assembled:

Will you install a bottom in the boxes a platform on top, or put large containers inside?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Will you install a bottom in the boxes a platform on top, or put large containers inside?
I’ll get hardware cloth, 1/4” mesh, on them today. They’ll get a layer of weed cloth too. Dig out a little soil to match the feet (bracing) and around perimeter (to level them).
That'll give us a total of 9 boxes; 2 built by me, and 4 older ones (existing) I redid. I'm going to have to replace those soon... the landlord, when he lived here, built them out of pressure treated lumber. So old, I'm pretty certain all the chems are gone, but the Lady is not convinced.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I’ll get hardware cloth, 1/4” mesh, on them today. They’ll get a layer of weed cloth too. Dig out a little soil to match the feet (bracing) and around perimeter (to level them).
That'll give us a total of 9 boxes; 2 built by me, and 4 older ones (existing) I redid. I'm going to have to replace those soon... the landlord, when he lived here, built them out of pressure treated lumber. So old, I'm pretty certain all the chems are gone, but the Lady is not convinced.
So, the rims will rest on the ground? I made mine so it was higher and planted tomatoes/herbs- I don't think the soil depth was sufficient and I even put gravel below, for drainage. The bottom is a sheet of 1/2" PVC that was in a van that I bought, which got some drain holes and fabric to keep the soil from washing out. I built another raised bed and almost immediately, my next door neighbor put plastic strips in the chain link fence, to block anything from sight, which also did a great job of blocking sunlight from everything I had planted. I'll be moving that soon.

One thing I did to separate the herbs to prevent crowding- I found some concrete walkway pavers that have a grid of holes, which would be filled with soil and seeded. I placed them on the soil in the bed and set a plant in each one, in groups if I had more than one. Very easy to maintain and extremely easy to pull if they won't survive Winter, or if they die off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis