Coronavirus/COVID-19 (No Politics)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Mike, from what I have been reading the Mardi Gras that was in New Orleans had a lot to do with it. It’s like a huge block party for a week people coming in from all over the Country. I live about 125 miles from New Orleans . Plus on top of that New Iberia, Lafayette and other city’s had their own little Mardi Gras parades. I’m sure that had a lot to do with it.
'G' , I understand that, it just seems the death ratio is much higher down your way. Oh, FWIW, the name is Dave. Mikado463 signifies a class of railroad steam locomotive and #463 is one that I have ridden behind several times over the years .......

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, very inconsiderate of it not letting us study it first to give us a fighting chance at least. ;)
Yeah just think I was just watching the, Walking Dead last night. If they start coming back look out! it’s on!! one more thing I read on MSN last week they been catching people coming into our Country from Asia with Vials of Diseases to be tested or for research at airports. Which is a Big no no!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
'G' , I understand that, it just seems the death ratio is much higher down your way. Oh, FWIW, the name is Dave. Mikado463 signifies a class of railroad steam locomotive and #463 is one that I have ridden behind several times over the years .......

Cool Dave, name here is Carl Michael, friends call me Mike. Man I always wanted to take a train to the west coast just to do it.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
What part of "NO EFFIN POLITICS" did you miss? There's a thread for that already.
No politics in the question. Simply asking where do we go from here. If you can't answer or contribute without politics, please feel free to abstain.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
B-u-l-ls-h-i-t. If you want to freaking parrot Larry Kudlow's nonsense, this isn't the place. And if you want to thin the herd to get the Dow to 30,000 then go catch it yourself and help it along.

I'm sitting beside a coworker who just lost a 36-year old friend to this. I don't need to hear your crap. There's another thread where you can cry about "you people" badmouthing orange jesus.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
B-u-l-ls-h-i-t. If you want to freaking parrot Larry Kudlow's nonsense, this isn't the place. And if you want to thin the herd to get the Dow to 30,000 then go catch it yourself and help it along.

I'm sitting beside a coworker who just lost a 36-year old friend to this. I don't need to hear your crap. There's another thread where you can cry about "you people" badmouthing orange jesus.
I stand behind Kvn_Walker on this. No politics on this thread.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Here's another med (EIDD-2801) that seems to have some potential. I realize many drugs with potential ultimately don't prove effective, but some drugs with potential is better than nothing.

"An orally bioavailable broad-spectrum antiviral inhibits SARS-CoV-2 in human airway epithelial cell cultures and multiple coronaviruses in mice"

I read this paper closely last night. I like it's more thorough approach. It has plenty of data, unlike some other recent reports of putative drugs that might, or might not, work against SAR-CoV-2.

Although EIDD-2801 worked in mice as well as in cultured cells, they didn't mention what concentration of drug they found in the mice. Knowing that would help answer the question if it could work in humans. Of course, getting that type of data from mice can be difficult. The authors did mention plans to test EIDD-2801 in non-human primates where it would be much easier to get that kind of info.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I stand behind Kvn_Walker on this. No politics on this thread.
I agree wholeheartedly with 'no politics' here but Kvn_Walker clearly inserted it in his last post with his Kudlow remark. IMO Herb asked questions that are pertinent to the COVID19 discussion and can certainly be addressed without getting into the L/R bullshit that has derailed the other thread.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program ......

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I agree wholeheartedly with 'no politics' here but Kvn_Walker clearly inserted it in his last post with his Kudlow remark. IMO Herb asked questions that are pertinent to the COVID19 discussion and can certainly be addressed without getting into the L/R bullshit that has derailed the other thread.
I disagree. Herb has clearly demonstrated his troll-like intent to pollute the other Coronavirus thread. He tried the same here and Kvn_Walker objected.

FOMO

FOMO

Audiophyte
I would like to add that the FDA is not allowing testing kits that measures only antibodies because it feels that this may lead to false positives; ie, you can have antibodies from exposure to C19 without "catching C19" or being contagious yourself; however, what the FDA won't accept is that if you combine this test with highly correlated symptoms (fever, cough, loss of taste) then it becomes more likely you are positive for C19. Additionally, the type of test that the FDA is preferring (evidence of virus sheddin) pretty much eliminates startups with innovative testing solutions because only the larger labs with larger budgets (Abbot, J&J) has access to the proper equipment (very expensive) to meet these requirements.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Today I heard on the news that some of the COVID-19 victims lose their sense of smell. That's obviously not desirable.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Today I heard on the news that some of the COVID-19 victims lose their sense of smell. That's obviously not desirable.
heard that as well but also heard that it does return

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Early warning sign? And loss of taste as well?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You might? ;)
Well, if you're referring to the fact that I need it to live, then yes.

Really, sleep is the thing everyone likes the most. Can't really go more than two days without it.

I guess I should say I like having the ability to taste more than music. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis