panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think those tuning Room videos may be reigniting my love for Metallica! They still sound great playing their older stuff!
Yeah, it's nice hearing them play that older stuff. The first 4 albums will always be their best IMHO.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
The only Metallica cd I have around right now is Ride the Lightning. I lost the rest of them over the years. I definitely won’t be replacing Load.... LOL :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure why I’m so compelled to share this but I’ve always appreciated these guys individually. Super fun cover...not exactly “what if” but hey...at least they’re on time.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok pogey. Here’s a what if...Stone sour recorded creeping death.
I think you’ll like this one good n loud.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok pogey. Here’s a what if...Stone sour recorded creeping death.
I think you’ll like this one good n loud.

Dude, that is not a bad cover! I figured it would be SS is legit. I'm listening to their version of Seasons In the Abyss right now.

You've probably heard of these guys to, but just in case...

I think I like that version better than the original. It's just cleaner and sounds tighter.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

This is so fukkin tight too!!! Sorry if I crashed your thread into the rhubarb...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, all of meanwhile, and straight out of Burbank are excellent. Great band.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Actually, all of meanwhile, and straight out of Burbank are excellent. Great band.
I'm digging it. Listened to a couple more that were next in the queue. Good stuff.

Ain't no thread trashing happening, it's all good. I'm still liking the vibe. Always cool to discover new music from fellow metalheads!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm digging it. Listened to a couple more that were next in the queue. Good stuff.

Ain't no thread trashing happening, it's all good. I'm still liking the vibe. Always cool to discover new music from fellow metalheads!
Right on!!! Btw, that ADM cover was pretty fun too! Great song. Not sure if you ever got into Dio but Killswitch did a great cover of Holy Diver.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right on!!! Btw, that ADM cover was pretty fun too! Great song. Not sure if you ever got into Dio but Killswitch did a great cover of Holy Diver.

I love Dio. I've heard that version. It's slicker, but Dio is very hard to replicate. Such a big voice and presence. Hard to beat the original there.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I love Dio. I've heard that version. It's slicker, but Dio is very hard to replicate. Such a big voice and presence. Hard to beat the original there.
Yeah for sure. Few years ago, all the old skool metal guys did a tribute. This is your life it’s called. Some great covers, but yeah, even though Ronnie was like 4’8” lol, his voice was larger than life. You can really tell on the covers too. Some singers just can’t quite do it. Some are kick ass. Fun album, I think you’d dig it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’ve seen the what if thing before. It’s pretty cool. Except Lars is an ego maniac, and a fukkin hack. Like where do his fills come from, and his meter is like stop n go traffic.(google Lars ulrich fails. You’ll barf @Pogre)
I’ve seen them live 3 times, and the energy is insane, but they should’ve fired his ass after the puppets tour when it was rumored that they were going to. Then Cliff...
The did Fukk Jason, but it wasn’t only them. The 1000 personnel machine that kept Metallica going in those days was also responsible. Plus mountains of cocaine and booze...Plus Lars’s ego ruined “Justice”, except his kicks sound awesome. Too bad EVERY Metallica album has more cuts and splices than every minute of recorded TOOL since 1991.
I feel the same about to Ringo starr. He lucked his way into the biggest thing in the world. But he’s horrible imo. Paul McCartney was playing an awards show I think and ringo was on stage with Paul and his band. His drums weren’t mic’d, he wasn’t hitting them and the touring drummer was behind him, playing his touring kit but the lights were super low so you couldn’t really see it was him playing. What a joke...
Ok. Vent over. Lol
Here's that interview I remembered. A minute or 2 in he talks about how Lars told him to cut the bass "so you can barely hear it". The guy couldn't believe what he was hearing. He said he made him cut it by more than 8 dB! Lars really did ruin And Justice!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
So I stumbled across this series of videos that takes songs from one album and reworks them to sound like they were produced on a different album. For instance, "what if Enter Sandman was on the And Justice For All album? It's actually kinda cool.

Funny thread. Enjoyed it!

A very different style of music (as in pop), but I think this guy is pretty entertaining (more about the process than the end result although the end result is nice):
Is there a version of what would the world look like if Billie Eilish was never born? ;)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Here's an example. I can't stop laughing when I listen to this:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here's that interview I remembered. A minute or 2 in he talks about how Lars told him to cut the bass "so you can barely hear it". The guy couldn't believe what he was hearing. He said he made him cut it by more than 8 dB! Lars really did ruin And Justice!

I recall this one! I saw a nice interview with Jason(not you lol) a while back too. He was very candid, but still a fan. I like Jason a lot. I have “live poop, binge and purge”. It’s a concert from the Justice tour, and a bunch of black album tour. I love when he gets on the mic. He’s just a beast, and a great bass player too. Can’t remember where I saw this, but there was a version of Justice that had the bass levels pushed up where they should be. It sounded fukkin bad ass.
My problem is I have to suspend disbelief worse than watching a movie when I listen to the old studio works, because I know how many splices are on all that tape. Lars has ruined Metallica for me. That’s horribly ironic.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis