Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So I stumbled across this series of videos that takes songs from one album and reworks them to sound like they were produced on a different album. For instance, "what if Enter Sandman was on the And Justice For All album? It's actually kinda cool.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So I stumbled across this series of videos that takes songs from one album and reworks them to sound like they were produced on a different album. For instance, "what if Enter Sandman was on the And Justice For All album? It's actually kinda cool.

That's pretty bad ass.

*cough andjusticeforallwastheirlastgreatalbum *cough

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's pretty bad ass.

*cough andjusticeforallwastheirlastgreatalbum *cough
You know, I like the black album too, but I gotta say I think I do prefer the "And Justice" version of Enter Sandman better!

My one and only knock on And Justice For All is the lack of bass. As in bass guitar. I saw an interview with someone involved with mixing the album. He said Lars kept telling the engineers to turn Jason's bass down, against their recommendation, just to be a lord helmet. Well guess what? The lack of bass on that album is noticeable and puts the Black Album above it in my book. Which is a shame, because I feel that And Justice is technically a better album!

What an asshole thing to do. They all really shat on Jason while he was there and that affected how I look at the rest of them. I really dislike bullies. It was bad enough to make him leave one of the most successful bands of all time during the height of their success.

You don't get much more into Metallica than I did. Back in the day they were just about the only band for me for a while. At least until I discovered Pantera... ;)

C

Chris in Dallas

Junior Audioholic
You know, I like the black album too, but I gotta say I think I do prefer the "And Justice" version of Enter Sandman better!

My one and only knock on And Justice For All is the lack of bass. As in bass guitar. I saw an interview with someone involved with mixing the album. He said Lars kept telling the engineers to turn Jason's bass down, against their recommendation, just to be a lord helmet. Well guess what? The lack of bass on that album is noticeable and puts the Black Album above it in my book. Which is a shame, because I feel that And Justice is technically a better album!

What an asshole thing to do. They all really shat on Jason while he was there and that affected how I look at the rest of them. I really dislike bullies. It was bad enough to make him leave one of the most successful bands of all time during the height of their success.

You don't get much more into Metallica than I did. Back in the day they were just about the only band for me for a while. At least until I discovered Pantera... ;)
I remember seeing Metallica with OZZY back in the late 80s. It was standing room only for the openers‘Metallica’ then when OZZY came out almost everyone left the building

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Same here pretty much. As you can tell from my name.

Some of the bass is there like in One, but yeah, I never thought about it before, but you're right.

I just think their sound changed drastically in the black album. Even more with Load. Then St. Anger came out and well, it sucked big time. Death Magnetic was a good shift in the right direction, but the recording quality was so bad I only listened to it once. I thought my speakers in my truck were broken it sounded so bad. Lars is a decent drummer, but a horrible producer.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Same here pretty much. As you can tell from my name.

Some of the bass is there like in One, but yeah, I never thought about it before, but you're right.

I just think their sound changed drastically in the black album. Even more with Load. Then St. Anger came out and well, it sucked big time. Death Magnetic was a good shift in the right direction, but the recording quality was so bad I only listened to it once. I thought my speakers in my truck were broken it sounded so bad. Lars is a decent drummer, but a horrible producer.
It definitely changed with the Black Album and not all for the better, but it is a well produced album at least and has a few songs that kick some nuts still. I hopped off the Metallica bandwagon not long after you did from the sounds of it tho. I was so disappointed with Load and St Anger I stopped looking forward to the next album.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
It definitely changed with the Black Album and not all for the better, but it is a well produced album at least and has a few songs that kick some nuts still. I hopped off the Metallica bandwagon not long after you did from the sounds of it tho. I was so disappointed with Load and St Anger I stopped looking forward to the next album.
I bought Load and it was exactly what the title of the album was a load of crap. I never bought another new album from them again.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, this one is just too cool! It's like new old school Metallica!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just found a bunch more! "Tuning Room" jam sessions. They sound great and they really let it loose! It's a jam/tuning session tho so keep that in mind.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
A very different style of music (as in pop), but I think this guy is pretty entertaining (more about the process than the end result although the end result is nice):

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve seen the what if thing before. It’s pretty cool. Except Lars is an ego maniac, and a fukkin hack. Like where do his fills come from, and his meter is like stop n go traffic.(google Lars ulrich fails. You’ll barf @Pogre)
I’ve seen them live 3 times, and the energy is insane, but they should’ve fired his ass after the puppets tour when it was rumored that they were going to. Then Cliff...
The did Fukk Jason, but it wasn’t only them. The 1000 personnel machine that kept Metallica going in those days was also responsible. Plus mountains of cocaine and booze...Plus Lars’s ego ruined “Justice”, except his kicks sound awesome. Too bad EVERY Metallica album has more cuts and splices than every minute of recorded TOOL since 1991.
I feel the same about to Ringo starr. He lucked his way into the biggest thing in the world. But he’s horrible imo. Paul McCartney was playing an awards show I think and ringo was on stage with Paul and his band. His drums weren’t mic’d, he wasn’t hitting them and the touring drummer was behind him, playing his touring kit but the lights were super low so you couldn’t really see it was him playing. What a joke...
Ok. Vent over. Lol

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’ve seen the what if thing before. It’s pretty cool. Except Lars is an ego maniac, and a fukkin hack. Like where do his fills come from, and his meter is like stop n go traffic.(google Lars ulrich fails. You’ll barf @Pogre)
I’ve seen them live 3 times, and the energy is insane, but they should’ve fired his ass after the puppets tour when it was rumored that they were going to. Then Cliff...
The did Fukk Jason, but it wasn’t only them. The 1000 personnel machine that kept Metallica going in those days was also responsible. Plus mountains of cocaine and booze...Plus Lars’s ego ruined “Justice”, except his kicks sound awesome. Too bad EVERY Metallica album has more cuts and splices than every minute of recorded TOOL since 1991.
I feel the same about to Ringo starr. He lucked his way into the biggest thing in the world. But he’s horrible imo. Paul McCartney was playing an awards show I think and ringo was on stage with Paul and his band. His drums weren’t mic’d, he wasn’t hitting them and the touring drummer was behind him, playing his touring kit but the lights were super low so you couldn’t really see it was him playing. What a joke...
Ok. Vent over. Lol
Even before I had a capable system and knew the story I always felt like something was missing from And Justice. And yes, Lars' kick sounds amazing. That was his reasoning for turning Jason's bass down. "You can't hear the drums".

I always thought of Lars' playing sounding like an athlete who figured out how to drum, which is pretty much the case here... All raw energy and power, but no finesse or nuance. Does he ever even open up his hi hats? Ever heard of a ghost note Lars?! Lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I just found a bunch more! "Tuning Room" jam sessions. They sound great and they really let it loose! It's a jam/tuning session tho so keep that in mind.

Awesome.

"Let's Rock....we just did"

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ok. Vent over. Lol
I'll just leave this here...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Awesome.

"Let's Rock....we just did"
Haha! Wow.... playing the faster parts, he sounds like two people in a potato sack race. Guh dunk guh dunk guh dunk.....

He stopped caring about his craft a long time ago.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
@panteragstk
I’d like to quote Phil Anslemo.

Hard as a rock, shut like a lock.
To me, that’s Vinnie Paul. One of my all time favorites.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think those tuning Room videos may be reigniting my love for Metallica! They still sound great playing their older stuff!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
@panteragstk
I’d like to quote Phil Anslemo.

Hard as a rock, shut like a lock.
To me, that’s Vinnie Paul. One of my all time favorites.
Yep. Vinnie was one of the greatest. Granted, so was Darrell.

If you haven't you need to check out Rebel Meets Rebel. It's basically Pantera with David Allan Coe as the singer.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yep. Vinnie was one of the greatest. Granted, so was Darrell.

If you haven't you need to check out Rebel Meets Rebel. It's basically Pantera with David Allan Coe as the singer.
That sounds fun! I like some David Allan Coe.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis