what is a bass hack and how do you properly implement it?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
oh god why in hell did you guys bring that guy's channel to my attention? I have been looking around it, and it hurts! Oh god I am pulling out my hair here! I have been face-palming so much that there is a bruise across my brow. So much bad information!

Well, his dogs seem cool, at least...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
oh god why in hell did you guys bring that guy's channel to my attention? I have been looking around it, and it hurts! Oh god I am pulling out my hair here! I have been face-palming so much that there is a bruise across my brow. So much bad information!

Sorry Shady I'm a little stir crazy what can I say?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja

Oh man! Thanks Shady J! we need your Expertise! help!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm not feeling I need to watch this if its just about where you end up with sub trim level....I think its a good idea to keep it in the negative range, tho.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

CRASH CART! WE NEED A CRASH CART ASAP!

:p

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Damn you!

It hurts but its like gnawing on a canker sore; I can't stop! Morbid curiosity compels me to see how much worse his advice can get. I'll never forgive you guys for this!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Bro No you Good man!! Nothing wrong with your, Audioisum. ;) We needed a Thread like this to pull us back in!!! This is going be a good Thread bro!! Been going Stir crazy myselfo_O:oops:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
CRASH CART! WE NEED A CRASH CART ASAP!

:p
I’m glad it was Shady J that showed up first, he let us off lite! Oh man just think if “Doc“ TLS Guy would’ve showed up first and seen this :mad:, he’d drop the hammer on us! :oops:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
LOL for what? :) Caveat....as long as you still can achieve sufficient level that is....
Your input is Valuable information Love! Sub trim has always given me hell! I’m playing around with that right now. My trim was set at +3.5. I’m trimming down to see what’s up.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Your input is Valuable information Love! Sub trim has always given me hell! I’m playing around with that right now. My trim was set at +3.5. I’m trimming down to see what’s up.
Do you run room correction at all?

I'm with HD, I do try to get my gains set so my trim levels are pretty well in the negative. -7.5 and -8 respectively.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I go for -7 to -5.

GMoney, running in the plus CAN(but not always) add distortion to the signal and generally you want to be below that.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Do you run room correction at all?

I'm with HD, I do try to get my gains set so my trim levels are pretty well in the negative. -7.5 and -8 respectively.
I’m rerunning it now, I forgot when I first set up my new Yamaha a1080 only been having it a few months anyways I went into settings and just did a quick set of settings and just left everything there. lol man I’m a ass lolo wasn’t till Danzilla31 posted up this Thread reading the post ups in here got me thinking umm maybe I need to check my sub trim settings. That’s why I told Danzill31 he ain’t crazy it pulled me in!! :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’m rerunning it now, I forgot when I first set up my new Yamaha a1080 only been having it a few months anyways I went into settings and just did a quick set of settings and just left everything there. lol man I’m a ass lolo wasn’t till Danzilla31 posted up this Thread reading the post ups in here got me thinking umm maybe I need to check my sub trim settings. That’s why I told Danzill31 he ain’t crazy it pulled me in!! :D
I'm here to help bro I'm here to help :D

Now we just need to set up an intervention for Shady!!!! :eek:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe 101 will catch wind of this thread and drop in!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis