3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Trump's hotel and resort holdings are dependent on the rich or relatively rich, not the people he wants to put back to work. Though one would think without restaurants they are hobbled and probably empty. Some of the biggest properties are mixed use, and people aren't moving out of luxury condos and apartments over the virus, nor offices. I think he wants to restart the economy because he knows that incumbent presidents tend to get voted out of office if the economy is in the tank. And losing the election would seriously bruise that massive ego, I'm guessing. Also, a personality like his is big on legacy, and I doubt a money-guy like him wants to be known as a president who kicked off a depression.
One thought here. I dont know how locked down the US is at the moment but if its anything like Canada, Trumps hotels wont be filled by any rich people travelling, offices for non essential workers closed.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Trump's hotel and resort holdings are dependent on the rich or relatively rich, not the people he wants to put back to work. Though one would think without restaurants they are hobbled and probably empty. Some of the biggest properties are mixed use, and people aren't moving out of luxury condos and apartments over the virus, nor offices. I think he wants to restart the economy because he knows that incumbent presidents tend to get voted out of office if the economy is in the tank. And losing the election would seriously bruise that massive ego, I'm guessing. Also, a personality like his is big on legacy, and I doubt a money-guy like him wants to be known as a president who kicked off a depression.
Although he's suggested it, when the infection rates show no sign of subsiding by Easter, dropping the restrictions probably won't happen. And, since a huge proportion are administered by individual states, how "back to work" would the US be?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Because COVID-19 is still relatively rare in the US, except for a few celebrities and politicians (e.g. Tom Hanks and his wife) most people don't personally know anyone who has the virus. For many of us Gene was the first person we knew who had it. This lack of direct relationships with sufferers is IMO largely responsible for many people in the US not taking the virus as seriously as they should. While I'm somewhat ashamed of myself for thinking this, it might have been the best thing for the country if Trump had not only tested positive but had a few scary symptoms for a week or so. His perspective on the need for national isolation protocols and making protective equipment available might be a lot more urgent.
Or, it might be his bunker briefcase bomb. When he survives it, he feels he's bulletproof and can do no wrong. J/K

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I think this is worth repeating, and I certainly agree with it:
Frankly, the irony is not lost on me that the same people who insisted the ACA would have Death Panels to decide who lives or dies in medical crises are now ready to say that older Americans should "take one for the team" to help get our economy back on track...
Especially in light of this response:
On the Death panel comparison I disagree with all of it.
Disagreeing is not the same as claiming it's untrue. Republicans seem to have a remarkably short memory, and assume all others have the same.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another interesting interview with Bill Gates discussing the current situation

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
One thought here. I dont know how locked down the US is at the moment but if its anything like Canada, Trumps hotels wont be filled by any rich people travelling, offices for non essential workers closed.
Not to worry, the bailout will enrich his hotels. :rolleyes:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I think this is worth repeating, and I certainly agree with it:

Especially in light of this response:
Disagreeing is not the same as claiming it's untrue. Republicans seem to have a remarkably short memory, and assume all others have the same.
Lets assume that some of the states go back to work. Im wondering what the re-infection rate to other countries will be and if it would cause a 2nd world outbreak. I know airlines are shutdown and borders closed but its not a perfect world. There are always cracks that can be exploited.

Italy can no longer look after its older generation so the death panel has been convened already in another country. :(

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... I refer you to a book written by a Canadian naturopathic doctor. I....
I would encourage you to read about such doctors:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I don't need a book by a "naturopathic doctor", whatever that is, ...
Frauds, that is what

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Frauds, that is what
In Canada, we have naturopathic doctors who also are biologists. So, we should not generalize. Also, there are some medicine doctors who are quacks, but we cannot say that all physicians are quacks. I consider the ones who prescribe pills for any ailment as quacks.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Makes sense but it also prooves that he's doing it for himself and not the good of the country. Either way he's f?cked. Hopefully he'll grow a pair and look after the people and not his reputation.
You really think he will, this late in life?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

In Canada, we have naturopathic doctors who also are biologists. So, we should not generalize. Also, there are some medicine doctors who are quacks, but we cannot say that all physicians are quacks. I consider the ones who prescribe pills for any ailment as quacks.
Good luck.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
For what it's worth, I was negative for rheumatoid factor (RF), which is detected by a standard blood test. Later when I learned I had AS, I realized that AS almost always is RF negative.
I saw a rheumatologist last year. Do you recall what blood test or other test was able to diagnose you with AS? Do you have difficulty bending your spine? Are you HLA-B27 positive?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis