2 HSU over 1 Rythmik

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I’m going to Hook it up via speaker level tonight. That’s how I was running my Outlaw and had fantastic results. We will see if I notice any difference.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Also. Can someone confirm this... while running two subs. This will be my first time hooking up this way. I am running them off my speaker level connection off the amp. I am running one speaker cable to the left side sub. And one speaker cable to the right sub. So I am only using one left input and one right.
does this make sense?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also. Can someone confirm this... while running two subs. This will be my first time hooking up this way. I am running them off my speaker level connection off the amp. I am running one speaker cable to the left side sub. And one speaker cable to the right sub. So I am only using one left input and one right.
does this make sense?
I suppose if your goal is "stereo" subs....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That brings up a question, would stereo subs negate the equalizing effect of dual subs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Depends on where they're best positioned. Stereo placement may not be the best for the subs for overall performance. Not a lot of content to get excited about either.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
does this make sense?
Depends on where they're best positioned. Stereo placement may not be the best for the subs for overall performance. Not a lot of content to get excited about either.
Most low-frequency content is mixed in mono. So even if he ran stereo subs, it will still behave monoaurally, like an LFE out. The way he has them hooked up is fine for high-level inputs. ematthews, have you plugged the ports on the speakers, and have you found where the speaker's bass rolls off?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well. My goal is to have two subs hooked up correctly to my Two channel Amp via high level
Speaker connection.
I take it you have no better way to connect with your amp? No pre-out/main-in or processing loop? Don't recall what Yamaha 2ch amp you have....

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Most low-frequency content is mixed in mono. So even if he ran stereo subs, it will still behave monoaurally, like an LFE out. The way he has them hooked up is fine for high-level inputs. ematthews, have you plugged the ports on the speakers, and have you found where the speaker's bass rolls off?
Not yet. I have to move my main speakers back in the system and get something to port them with. So only running one speaker cable makes no difference over trying to run both left and right to both sides?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Not yet. I have to move my main speakers back in the system and get something to port them with. So only running one speaker cable makes no difference over trying to run both left and right to both sides?
Yes, it makes no difference in most cases. And the cases where it does make a difference is usually very subtle.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I take it you have no better way to connect with your amp? No pre-out/main-in or processing loop? Don't recall what Yamaha 2ch amp you have....
I do. However. I’ve always had the best integration with speaker level connection. It also comes recommended by many. It’s always they way I connect a single sub. It’s just a little harder with two subs. Unless I just run both left and right
To both sides. That’s a lot of speaker cable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I do. However. I’ve always had the best integration with speaker level connection. It also comes recommended by many. It’s always they way I connect a single sub. It’s just a little harder with two subs. Unless I just run both left and right
To both sides. That’s a lot of speaker cable.
What's the theory that the speaker level connection is better? Its still lacking better integration tools one way or the other....

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
What's the theory that the speaker level connection is better? Its still lacking better integration tools one way or the other....
You’ll have to ask the experts on that one. I can confirm that I have hooked up subs both ways and always get better integration with my main speakers. Better synergy maybe. Ask the REL guys too.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You’ll have to ask the experts on that one. I can confirm that I have hooked up subs both ways and always get better integration with my main speakers. Better synergy maybe. Ask the REL guys too.
LOL

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Is it normal on HSU subs for the amp to be slightly warm after being in the standby mode for a while. Even 12 hours later? My Outlaw and Martin Logan subs were always cold to the touch in standby.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Hmm - is the little red light dimmed when in standby mode? If it is still bright (on) it may be still getting a signal somehow. I've never felt up the plate amp on mine - something to look forward to tonight!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I never noticed and already turned mine on this morning. They never, ever get hot tho. Even after some pretty loud sessions.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Red light is on. It's slightly warm. This is on Standby mode. Both of them are exactly the same. Maybe I should send HSU a message if this isn't normal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis