D

DigitalD

Audioholic Intern
Hello everyone, I currently have a 5.1.4 set up which consists of Klipsch RF7 IIIs with matching center and surrounds as well as SVS Prime Elevation for my height speakers. I am currently using a Denon X-4400H with an Outlaw Model 7000X power amp. I am wondering if I Purchase a higher power 2Ch amp (looking at Parasound A21+) to run my front speakers, if my sound will be off by running my center channel with the Outlaw. Home Theatre Sounds great as is, but I’m recently trying to get into 2Ch Hi-Res Audio by streaming Qobuz via a Chromecast Audio Dongle. Any recommendations or assistance is appreciated? I do hear that Towers seem to like higher power/wattage/current and I’m curious.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Generally speaking, amps run within their limits should not really color the sound. Some will say otherwise. But generally, I'd think you'd be fine using the Outlaw. :)

D

DigitalD

Audioholic Intern
Thanks! I’m fairly new to this and would hate to ruin the sound by investing more $ on a 2Ch amp.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The Outlaws are good amps. I use the 2200s in my rig. Nothing wrong with them.

To really get the best sound, the first thing I would recommend is getting a better understanding of room acoustics and how your system is set up Everything from where you sit in the room to the furnishings and appointments that will affect sound reflection and absorption, as well as where the speakers are placed, toe-in angle, etc). After that, I would look at upgrading the speakers if you are truly pursuing accurate sound.
That's not meant as a dig on your speakers, but a good deal of Klipsch's offerings leave a lot on the table.
But for now, I would urge you to set money aside in an upgrade piggy bank and get ready for some fun in the future! ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
The Outlaws are good amps. I use the 2200s in my rig. Nothing wrong with them.

To really get the best sound, the first thing I would recommend is getting a better understanding of room acoustics and how your system is set up Everything from where you sit in the room to the furnishings and appointments that will affect sound reflection and absorption, as well as where the speakers are placed, toe-in angle, etc). After that, I would look at upgrading the speakers if you are truly pursuing accurate sound.
That's not meant as a dig on your speakers, but a good deal of Klipsch's offerings leave a lot on the table.
But for now, I would urge you to set money aside in an upgrade piggy bank and get ready for some fun in the future! ;)
I feel the same about a lot of Klipsch offerings too, but those RF-7 IIIs are legit really good speakers. They won't be easy to top without breaking the bank.

Outlaw 2200 monoblocks 3-Fer special $799 (scroll down). 200 watts each. You can put one on each speaker on your front stage.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hello everyone, I currently have a 5.1.4 set up which consists of Klipsch RF7 IIIs with matching center and surrounds as well as SVS Prime Elevation for my height speakers. I am currently using a Denon X-4400H with an Outlaw Model 7000X power amp. I am wondering if I Purchase a higher power 2Ch amp (looking at Parasound A21+) to run my front speakers, if my sound will be off by running my center channel with the Outlaw. Home Theatre Sounds great as is, but I’m recently trying to get into 2Ch Hi-Res Audio by streaming Qobuz via a Chromecast Audio Dongle. Any recommendations or assistance is appreciated? I do hear that Towers seem to like higher power/wattage/current and I’m curious.
What explains your desire to get more amplifier power to drive a pair of Klipsch RF7's? Those speakers have a sensitivity of at least 90dB @ 2.83v/8 ohms and, unless you have a large listening room, you are sitting far away from your towers, and you listen to your music at very high SPL, you should in my opinion have adequate power. Bear in mind that a Parasound would provide only just over 2dB more available output.

For the L & R speakers, a pair of Outlaw 2200 Monoblocks would most likely be sufficient and you would save dollars. I suggest you try this exercise for calculating power requirements:
http://myhometheater.homestead.com/splcalculator.html

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Didn't see any mention of what you have for subwoofage...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I feel the same about a lot of Klipsch offerings too, but those RF-7 IIIs are legit really good speakers. They won't be easy to top without breaking the bank.
Admittedly, I got my Big K model numbers mixed up. Still, considering every speaker I've seen from them, including their older $10K each models, seem to have similar mid-range quirks... I can't help but feel better can be had. To stress though, I am not advocating for our friend to immediately change speakers, nor am I bagging on the brand here. ;)
Par for the course, though, in my imaginary AH Drinking game... we have another "amp-makes-speaker-sound-better" type of query. If OP is looking to improve sound quality, and beyond the room interaction that I already brought up... we end up in a very similar scenario as has been played out here frequently. :)

@DigitalD
Please do let us know about your subwoofer, if any. Likewise, how do you have your system set up in terms of room placement for your speakers and you. Size room, distance from speakers, distance between... the whole shebang! :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wouldn’t audyssey eq the amp sound out as well? Shouldn’t hear a difference as mentioned but just figured anything that MIGHT present differently would probably be taken out. Or no?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Home Theatre Sounds great as is, but I’m recently trying to get into 2Ch Hi-Res Audio by streaming Qobuz via a Chromecast Audio Dongle. Any recommendations or assistance is appreciated? I do hear that Towers seem to like higher power/wattage/current and I’m curious.
Don't waste your money chasing Hi-Res, its snake oil for many reasons.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, as mentioned, your speakers are quite sensitive and do not require much power.

I would have just used the AVR by itself without even the Outlaw amp.

So I definitely don't see any reasons to add another amp at all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis