GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Honestly, if things keep progressing like this, I'll stoop so low and bid farewell to my dignity only to start creating 2020 memes.

My town was hit by 5.93 earthquake this morning at 6:30 AM. So this is what happened; my country went into a first quarantine as the number of sick started to rise. And then the weather went bad and temperature dropped considerably. After the springlike 18-20C (65F) this morning it started to snow just like the corona likes.

Then the earthquake chased all the old and sick out in the snow from their beds at 6:30.

Naturally, people panicking forgot about quarantine and were all together in front of our buildings in large groups of hundreds.

Not only that, but a lot of houses and old monuments were damaged and one young child of 15 was badly hurt from debris falling on him.

Well played, destiny, well played.
Well, that's something you really didn't need right now. :(

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, that's something you really didn't need right now. :(
Still, I'm not the worst off, hospitals got damaged and will need to be evacuated which is ideal for the virus. Ladies are giving birth in parked cars in front of the hospital, it's bad.

This will take up a portion of beds in recreation centers that were meant to be saved for the third wave of corona infected.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I have a question for those who know much more than I do about medicine- I have been taking Amoxicillin with a booster for an infected toe for a little over a week and recently, have been having mild cold symptoms.
I have a layman's knowledge at best of medicine but it's been my experience with some strong antibiotics that I feel 'washed out' while I'm taking them, including Amoxicillin, with a slight increase in fever.

I would definitely get checked out if possible for the virus, as TLS Guy recommended, just to play it safe.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I said something super funny that either wasn’t funny enough to everybody or no one understands. Probably just went over your heads, guys need to get out more! .............. Wait I take that last part back, stay inside!

I believe this will pass, just stay strong. Get busy doing something that’s not news related. I spent probably 8 hours today talking with my kids about anything. Made me realize I’m pretty lucky to have such amazing, strong, resourceful and smart kids
Not sure if I talked to them that much in the last month as I did today. Made me take a step back, I’ll be strong for them because they need me to right now. I’m not going to constantly worry or talk about everything I read or see in the news. It’s not helping family morale and I can carry this burden of worry for them. Look at the positives and get to know the ones you love the most.

One last thing, 35-45 weeks from now this next generation will be known as the new baby boomers. So much time with the spouse will ....... you know
Good advice. It is a wonderful time for us all the enjoy the fruits of our hobby and avocation and really tap great art to help us gain perspective. I will do another post about all the free superb art you can tap for free during this strange time. I have to say the arts world has really stepped up.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Honestly, if things keep progressing like this, I'll stoop so low and bid farewell to my dignity only to start creating 2020 memes.

My town was hit by 5.93 earthquake this morning at 6:30 AM. So this is what happened; my country went into a first quarantine as the number of sick started to rise. And then the weather went bad and temperature dropped considerably. After the springlike 18-20C (65F) this morning it started to snow just like the corona likes.

Then the earthquake chased all the old and sick out in the snow from their beds at 6:30.

Naturally, people panicking forgot about quarantine and were all together in front of our buildings in large groups of hundreds.

Not only that, but a lot of houses and old monuments were damaged and one young child of 15 was badly hurt from debris falling on him.

Well played, destiny, well played.
How absolutely awful. That is the epitome of being struck when you are down. Obviously I know you can see that this is one of the worst times for an event like that. As you can, please try to keep us unformed and reassure us you are OK. I am so very sorry. Never in my life, and I'm sure that goes for everyone here, has there been such a blizzard of ghastly news. We must start to celebrate all progress now.

We all need to use this time as a period of great reflection. We all need to be futurists now. That is tough when you are an old geezer like me and, thought you had seen the 'lot'. Wrong again. The world is for ever changed by this event. It is not going to go back together the way it was, not even close. We are now in a world for ever changed as I have pointed out previously since this crisis has unfolded. Metaphorically the world has shifted on its axis. Make no mistake this is a seismic shift.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

In an attempt to clarify without derailing this conversation. Mexico has a MASSIVE corruption problem. One of the reasons you don't see them stop the cartels is that their government is bought off by them...or has members in the government.

They currently don't have many cases, but this would be very bad if it got to Mexico City.
Yes, it would and I have to ask "How accurately are they reporting the facts?".

highfigh

highfigh

First of all sinusitis is not something reliably diagnosed by history and clinical exam. A CT is required. Antibiotics have very little part to play in the treatment if sinusitis. Most primary care doctors have not woken up to that. To diagnose sinusitis reliably takes a CT scan, and careful attention to the drainage pathways. The correct treatment of sinusitis is now largely via endoscopic surgery. Most people clinically diagnosed with sinusitis don't have it. It requires a CT scan.
First time, they used X-Ray to diagnose it- this was before 1988. The second time was 1997. It cleared pretty quickly after I started to take the antibiotics.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I've had 2 major sinus surgeries for chronic sinusitis (deviated septum, removal of pollops, etc) and several in-office procedures by my ENT where they've burned tissue to make adjustments (very painful). My last procedure arguably made me worse to the point where I get extreme sinus pressure if I go upside down. I am wondering if my sinusitis is causing me to hold on to COVID-19 longer or if it's because I have RA. I'm going on 3 weeks this Monday being positive for COVID-19, despite I'm feeling 90% better.

Usually when I get an infection, my ENT does drain it like you say. He also cultures it to see if it's bacterial and if I will need an antibiotic. Problem now is I can't go out of the house to see him. So I've been flushing like crazy and using my steroidal nose sprays and nebulizer in hopes to keep this at bay. Anyways, good topic to discuss here.
Well you have posed question that I can only answer in a more general way. In terms of the sinusitis, I can not comment on how that might affect your Covid 19 infection. However this infection is primarily a respiratory virus and most likely would rev up your sinusitis.

Your RA may be of more significance. I have no idea what treatment you are on for this. However pretty much all treatments for RA would make it more difficult to free yourself from this virus.

One last point, to advise you to take care. Clearing people is done with a nasal swab. However there is absolute evidence the virus is excreted in the stool for at least five days after being cleared from the respiratory tract. So very careful toilet hygiene is required during your recovery. This virus is not just a respiratory virus. There is an enteric component to this infection, and that is why a lot like you have diarrhea as one of their symptoms.

highfigh

highfigh

First of all with that history you have to assume you have Covid 19 until proved otherwise. It is actually very likely. Amoxicillin will have no impact on this what so ever.

You and your family need to self isolate totally immediately. That means right now. No argument about this.
From what I have read & heard, all cases included fever with the other symptoms and I haven't had fever. I have had fever in the past and never felt the way I do now- last time was a bit like walking on a huge marshmallow and being extremely 'out of it', mentally. I wrote a term paper during that and the TA wrote "What the hell is this?????" at the top.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So I have just clicked on this morning's edition of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, known here as the "Strib".

There is an interview with Dr Michael Osterholm. I think it fair to say that he is the world's most eminent epidemiologist.

I think he really gets to the nub of the issue going forward. Change must come and fast. This is nowhere near the havoc that can be wrought by a novel infectious agent. It could and will be far, far worse, unless fundamental changes are made in how the world is organized.

As far as our avocation, all those black boxes with a "bird's nest" of wires coming out of the back CAN NOT continue to say made in China!

The mantra has to be local, local and local. So the world has to be ordered on a more medieval scale, but without the feudalism, if you like.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I believe this will pass, just stay strong. Get busy doing something that’s not news related. I spent probably 8 hours today talking with my kids about anything. Made me realize I’m pretty lucky to have such amazing, strong, resourceful and smart kids
Not sure if I talked to them that much in the last month as I did today. Made me take a step back, I’ll be strong for them because they need me to right now. I’m not going to constantly worry or talk about everything I read or see in the news. It’s not helping family morale and I can carry this burden of worry for them. Look at the positives and get to know the ones you love the most.
A great idea! Thanks for saying it.

My kids are grown up, but I talked with both of them by phone yesterday. We spoke of many things other than pandemics.
One last thing, 35-45 weeks from now this next generation will be known as the new baby boomers. So much time with the spouse will ....... you know
Korona Kids

highfigh

highfigh

As far as our avocation, all those black boxes with a "bird's nest" of wires coming out of the back CAN NOT continue to say made in China!

The mantra has to be local, local and local. So the world has to be ordered on a more medieval scale, but without the feudalism, if you like.
The saying "Don't put your eggs in one basket" has been ignored for so long that it's time to repeat "If you don't learn from your mistakes, history is doomed to repeat itself".

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

From what I have read & heard, all cases included fever with the other symptoms and I haven't had fever. I have had fever in the past and never felt the way I do now- last time was a bit like walking on a huge marshmallow and being extremely 'out of it', mentally. I wrote a term paper during that and the TA wrote "What the hell is this?????" at the top.
By no means all cases involve fever, there is a substantial minority that don't. What is certain is that the presentation and course of this disease is highly variable. In other words is is all over the map. The advice that is crucial, if you are ill with any respiratory or even GI symptoms you need to self isolate at once.

I'm sure you have heard the advice, if you are sick stay home. That is the most important advice. Actually if you look at what is happening in Europe, now is the time for everyone who does not have an essential occupation to be self isolating now, like my wife and I are.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
After reading this thread with y'all I have resolved to do one thing: stop bitching and moaning to my wife about my relatively minor health challenges. Sometimes we're luckier than we know.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
After reading this thread with y'all I have resolved to do one thing: stop bitching and moaning to my wife about my relatively minor health challenges. Sometimes we're luckier than we know.
WHAT!?!?!? No bitching? My life would be incomplete. :p

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
By no means all cases involve fever, there is a substantial minority that don't. What is certain is that the presentation and course of this disease is highly variable. In other words is is all over the map. The advice that is crucial, if you are ill with any respiratory or even GI symptoms you need to self isolate at once.

I'm sure you have heard the advice, if you are sick stay home. That is the most important advice. Actually if you look at what is happening in Europe, now is the time for everyone who does not have an essential occupation to be self isolating now, like my wife and I are.
From the article:
"While on sabbatical at the University of Padua, Crisanti has been participating in a mass testing experiment for COVID-19 infections in Vò, a town of roughly 3,400 people located west of Venice. Though the country's overall death toll is in the thousands and climbing, Crisanti said Vò has effectively stopped its local outbreak by testing — and retesting — every single resident, regardless of whether they showed any symptoms.

The town had its first confirmed COVID-19 case on Feb. 21, he said.

The initial round of testing that month showed three per cent of the population had been infected with the illness. Every single one of those residents was then put under isolation at home and not allowed to have any contact with others. Ten days later, the entire town was retested — at which point the rate of infection had dropped to 0.3 per cent, marking a 90 per cent decrease. "What we learned is that 25 per cent had influenza-like symptoms, and 75 per cent were completely asymptomatic," Crisanti said. "They were completely unaware."

He said given the high number of people who didn't show symptoms, the takeaway for other countries is to test widely, catch all possible cases early, and isolate them to prevent the virus from spreading like wildfire through a community."

Although we are testing at a higher rate in Canada than the US, it's pretty clear that it still isn't enough. And, if asymptomatic individuals outnumber the ill by 3 to 1 - even if they are less likely to pass it on - sheer weight of numbers combined with ignorance of their infection must be contributing to the exponential increase in infections, wouldn't you agree?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yesterday afternoon, we needed to get out of the house for some fresh air mental therapy, so we hiked along the shoreline near home. A lot of people had the same idea, but everyone seemed to be cognizant of maintaining their distance.

It was a beautiful day, +7 degrees C, but quite windy, so felt rather chilly. Nothing like getting out into some sunshine to lift the spirits.
20200321_124804_resized.jpg
20200321_131838_resized.jpg
20200321_124913_resized.jpg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis