pwrofgrayskull

pwrofgrayskull

Audioholic Intern
Looking to replace the stock power cables for my amps and receiver:

- Outlaw Audio M2200 (x3)
- Marantz 6013

Don’t want something that breaks the bank since I need 4 of them.

Looking at (2m length to compare):
Pangea Audio AC 14 Power Cable ($50)
AudioQuest NRG-2 ($100)

Other options? Is AudioQuest worth 2x the price?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

- Marantz 6013

AudioQuest NRG-2 ($100)

Why replace the power cables? I have almost the exact same equipment, btw... there is nothing wrong with the ones I have. :)

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Your stock power cables are just fine.

Save your money and enjoy the music.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

- Marantz 6013

AudioQuest NRG-2 ($100)

Why replace the power cords supplied with the equipment when they are working? As a matter of fact, all the more expensive wires such as AudioQuest snake oil and others are just wasted money. Save your money for future improvement on your HT.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You need different lengths or just fall for stupid wire from the likes of Pangea or Audioquest (let alone Wireworld)?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
*Pogre looks for popcorn gif*

Unless there's damage or you need more length or something why replace them? Whoever or whatever has been telling you that your oem power cord isn't good enough or another brand will make your system sound better is not doing you any favors. There are many things you can do for improvements, but cabling is NOT one of them. That entire industry is set up to take money from people who don't know better. It's a dirty scam is what it is.

A surprisingly successful one. :oops:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Aesthetics? I’d probably get different lengths. A thicker gauge wire couldn’t hurt anything. Although can’t see much right now.
Aesthetics? Where? I don't see a power cord in that image! lol

*Edit: I take that back. When I squint and look hard I can see a black power cord along the baseboard...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I like the fact you have TV On The Radio on top of your pile!

I vote for saving the funds for a future upgrade rather than putting money towards power cables. Really, that 2-3' of copper doesn't make any difference in the performance of your system. :)

pwrofgrayskull

pwrofgrayskull

Audioholic Intern
I like the fact you have TV On The Radio on top of your pile!

I vote for saving the funds for a future upgrade rather than putting money towards power cables. Really, that 2-3' of copper doesn't make any difference in the performance of your system. :)
Here’s a better angle. I confess arguments against cables and for say more records has swayed me.
2FD3CD11-DEB4-4969-A62F-E16C7FD4350B.jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here’s a better angle. I confess arguments against cables and for say more records has swayed me.
View attachment 34764
You need to rearrange or substitute a few of them words if you want me to understand what you're saying...

You do have a very nice, clean looking setup I must say. I can tell you love your system. I'd consider pulling your speakers away from the wall some and slide the center channel forward, even with the front of the stand but they're small quibbles all in all. Nice job.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You need to rearrange or substitute a few of them words if you want me to understand what you're saying...

You do have a very nice, clean looking setup I must say. I can tell you love your system. I'd consider pulling your speakers away from the wall some and slide the center channel forward, even with the front of the stand but they're small quibbles all in all. Nice job.
Yes I'm quoting myself!

I just wanted to add that the suggestions I make above about moving your speakers a little bit will have far more impact on the sound quality than a platinum cord, hand woven by electrical engineers and frozen for 6 months would.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Yes I'm quoting myself!

I just wanted to add that the suggestions I make above about moving your speakers a little bit will have far more impact on the sound quality than a platinum cord, hand woven by electrical engineers and frozen for 6 months would.
But what if it’s cryogenically frozen? I heard once they thaw back to ambient temperature the copper relaxes and allows a more chocolately midrange to pass through.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 34764
Ooh, and my favorite Decemberists album down there. I'd be hard pressed to name my favorite cut... Shankill Butchers is definitely up there, but The Island and When The War Came... I know what I'm gonna blast here in a moment! Thanks for the inspiration!

And I'm glad that you may choose to not blow a wad on power cables! Seriously not worth the energy or cost. :)

Cheers!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
But what if it’s cryogenically frozen? I heard once they thaw back to ambient temperature the copper relaxes and allows a more chocolately midrange to pass through.
Frozen of cooled to that? ;)
Frozen, it might fracture on contact. :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you really want to dress them up I suppose there is a tech-flex type cable pants solution, maybe even fabric covers....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis