İs my subwoofer faulty?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
Thats a nice article. One of the guidelines is not to throw more money to bad aqustic room. I will read it on more detail but it doesnt say how we make our rooms better, what is this DIY...?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
A new problem i found and i need your help on this (if i am right). Maybe somone can do the same to his own sub and inform me. Like a test.

I am disconnecting ALL audio cables and i am leaving just the power. And i am opening it.
It makes a Zzzz sound like electic sound passes from it. Low but i hear it. After 2 seconds this sound reduces a lot but i still hear it, i understand that it is open and electric passes from it just from this sound. Its very low (my ear hear it very difficult but i hear it in 1 meter distance)

Also it makes a low “boom” sound like a drum 3-4 seconds after i open it like its ready to play, like a microfone....

Is this things malfunction or i am overeacting? Its a subwoofer 600€ price range and lower. We cant compare it with high end cicruits.
Its still under warranty i need to know so i will contact the shop.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this audyssey charts acceptable?
You're focusing on the wrong thing. The Audyssey charts are very limited and do not show accurately enough the information needed to even answer your question. Does it sound better to you? Is it acceptable? Only you can answer that. Going forward there's only one thing you can do if you want a real improvement. Replace. That. Subwoofer.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
my subwoofer is inside warranty. I am checking if it has an electric problem.
everytime i open it it makes a short “boom“ sound similar to a mic enters a working console.
check my image when i set it to auto( its under volume)for energy saving it goes to stand by ofter and makes this shorts “booms” everytime it closes or opens..

is this a common sound for subwoofers or its an issue of warranty?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
my subwoofer is inside warranty. I am checking if it has an electric problem.
everytime i open it it makes a short “boom“ sound similar to a mic enters a working console.
check my image when i set it to auto( its under volume)for energy saving it goes to stand by ofter and makes this shorts “booms” everytime it closes or opens..

is this a common sound for subwoofers or its an issue of warranty?
Going forward there's only one thing you can do if you want a real improvement. Replace. That. Subwoofer.
I highly doubt you're going to find any electrical problems. It's just not a very good subwoofer.

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
I highly doubt you're going to find any electrical problems. It's just not a very good subwoofer.
What about other subwoofers? Same boom noice when it starts or closes? When is set to auto.
as i notice now, it does it when it goes to stand by (red colour)

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What about other subwoofers? Same boom noice when it starts or closes? When is set to auto.
as i notice now, it does it when it goes to stand by (red colour)
You're gonna have to explain this "boom noise". Do you mean there's a loud pop when it goes to standby or wakes up?

killbill13

killbill13

Full Audioholic
You're gonna have to explain this "boom noise". Do you mean there's a loud pop when it goes to standby or wakes up?
You can call it a pop yes. The sound is similar to a microfone when its pluged in somewhere. I hear it from 4 meters its annoying

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis