lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, "1917" was shot using 4.5K Digital Camera so Picture Quality is excellent. Other than that, I don't see how the filming was unique.

In comparison, "Midway" was shot using 8K Digital Camera. :D

Other videos shot using 8K digital cameras: Seven Worlds One Planet, Mission Impossible Fallout, Captain Marvel, Maleficent Mistress of Evil, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, and Mortal Engines.
I also had remembered something about 1917 being filmed in one shot so per the wiki:

Roger Deakins was the cinematographer for the film, reuniting with Mendes for their fourth collaboration, having first worked together on Jarhead in 2005.[17] Filming was accomplished with long takes and elaborately choreographed moving camera shots to give the effect of two continuous takes.[7][8] Although media accounts often refer to the story as being told in only one shot,[19][20] the story cuts to black one hour and six minutes into the film, when Schofield is knocked unconscious, and fades in upon his regaining consciousness after night has fallen.[9] Mendes explained, "it was to do with the fact that I wanted the movie to go from afternoon to dusk, and then from night into dawn. I wanted it to be in two movements...I wanted to take it somewhere more like a hallucination. Somewhere more surreal, almost dream-like. And horrifying too".[7]

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I also had remembered something about 1917 being filmed in one shot so per the wiki:

Roger Deakins was the cinematographer for the film, reuniting with Mendes for their fourth collaboration, having first worked together on Jarhead in 2005.[17] Filming was accomplished with long takes and elaborately choreographed moving camera shots to give the effect of two continuous takes.[7][8] Although media accounts often refer to the story as being told in only one shot,[19][20] the story cuts to black one hour and six minutes into the film, when Schofield is knocked unconscious, and fades in upon his regaining consciousness after night has fallen.[9] Mendes explained, "it was to do with the fact that I wanted the movie to go from afternoon to dusk, and then from night into dawn. I wanted it to be in two movements...I wanted to take it somewhere more like a hallucination. Somewhere more surreal, almost dream-like. And horrifying too".[7]
Does anyone else care about this “one shot” thing? :D

Cinematography counts, but at the end of the day, it’s about the plot and characters.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It was kinda cool back in the day with actual film? What was that Hitchcock flick I'm trying to think of?

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Does anyone else care about this “one shot” thing? :D

Cinematography counts, but at the end of the day, it’s about the plot and characters.
I found that it made the whole story extremely immersive. To me it added to the intensity of the film.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I found that it made the whole story extremely immersive. To me it added to the intensity of the film.
That it was made in “one shot” or the cinematography itself? A lot of great movies have awesome cinematography that are “immersive”.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
1917 was a snooze fest once you have watched the trailers you have seen all the action

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
1917 was a snooze fest once you have watched the trailers you have seen all the action
I have to disagree with that. 1917 was an awesome movie. Nothing glamorous about WW1 and being the trenches. Check out They shall not grow old by Peter Jackson. Can be hard to watch at times. But worth a view.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I have to disagree with that. 1917 was an awesome movie. Nothing glamorous about WW1 and being the trenches. Check out They shall not grow old by Peter Jackson. Can be hard to watch at times. But worth a view.
I have been holding off on that one until they release the 3D version

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis