Blue Screen when turn on TV

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I am getting a blue screen with sound when I turn on my Pioneer Elite televsion. I have a Denon AVR4311-CI.
I use a Logitech Harmony 1100 touch screen remote. When I goto turn it on the Denon shows TV, I then have to use the help button on the remote to get the Denon to switch to SAT/CBL setting. It goes to this and I would get the video and sound. All it does now is have sound and a blue screen. I even tried to connect to my BlueRay player and I am getting the same thing.

When I did goto to SAT/CBL setting the video did come up but the Denon Switched to the TV setting and I got the blue screen again. I just unplugged everything and am going to see what happens. Any Ideas?

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I just shut everything down for 20 min and turned back on, it's now working. Only thing to fix is when I turn on receiver it goes to SAT/CBL then switches to TV so I have to switch to SAT/CBL and then the sound doesn't come on, so I shut of receiver and repeat one more time.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you enable ARC? That's the only time I've had my avr switch to the tv input instead of my desired cbl/sat input. Maybe just HDMI-CEC being turned on might do something like that, too. One reason I went to a universal remote with macros initially. Now I just don't use ARC as I don't source audio from the tv.

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
ARC? will have to look that up on where to find on remote?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
ARC is a way of using a single HDMI cable from avr to tv....for Audio Return Channel via that hdmi from the tv. It is often associated with HDMI-CEC (control) in some gear. Or you did something wrong when programming your Harmony.....

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
ARC is a way of using a single HDMI cable from avr to tv....for Audio Return Channel via that hdmi from the tv. It is often associated with HDMI-CEC (control) in some gear. Or you did something wrong when programming your Harmony.....

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
Hi I am bringing an old thread up, but to answer your question. I did have the HDMI cable from the TV to one of the ARC inputs on the receiver and then another HDMI cable from the Cable DVR to the Denon receiver. When I pulled out the HDMI cable from the TV to the ARC input I get a black screen with sound., this is running with the SAT/CBL mode. Is there another way to route the cables.

I am using a new Harmony remote and it is doing the same thing, so it's not the remote.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi I am bringing an old thread up, but to answer your question. I did have the HDMI cable from the TV to one of the ARC inputs on the receiver and then another HDMI cable from the Cable DVR to the Denon receiver. When I pulled out the HDMI cable from the TV to the ARC input I get a black screen with sound., this is running with the SAT/CBL mode. Is there another way to route the cables.

I am using a new Harmony remote and it is doing the same thing, so it's not the remote.
I'm still thinking you have HDMI-CEC enabled, the cables sound fine. Did you turn hdmi-cec off in both your tv and avr? It may not be labeled as such, it might say HDMI Control or it may be a brand name for it in the tv (e.g. Samsung calls it Anynet).

As far as unplugging your hdmi connection from avr to tv of course the screen goes blank. Hopefully you are using an hdmi output from avr to tv input before that.

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
Hi
I'm still thinking you have HDMI-CEC enabled, the cables sound fine. Did you turn hdmi-cec off in both your tv and avr? It may not be labeled as such, it might say HDMI Control or it may be a brand name for it in the tv (e.g. Samsung calls it Anynet).

As far as unplugging your hdmi connection from avr to tv of course the screen goes blank. Hopefully you are using an hdmi output from avr to tv input before that.

Hi,

Still trying to figure out where the HDMI-CEC is at here are some pictures, hope this helps

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hi

Hi,

Still trying to figure out where the HDMI-CEC is at here are some pictures, hope this helps
None of those. Try on your remote going to Setup - Video - HDMI Setup - HDMI Control on/off. I think yours would be similar to my 4520 but if its more like my old 3808 then that would be different....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi

Hi,

What input are you using on your TV? How do you have it routed now? Are you using the TV's apps or something?

I have best results using all HDMI connections as follows:

Source (Blu Ray player, Xbox, etc) output to --> AVR input of choice, then AVR output to --> TV/monitor input, using the AVR for all of my source switching.

I intentionally avoid using the input on my TV that is labeled "ARC" just to avoid using the connection at all. That's probably a little overkill but I gotta me. I've read a few reports of some bugginess with the tech still. Some folks have had good experiences with it, but I just avoid it and life's been pretty simple. :cool:

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
None of those. Try on your remote going to Setup - Video - HDMI Setup - HDMI Control on/off. I think yours would be similar to my 4520 but if its more like my old 3808 then that would be different....
Here is what I came up with is there something I should shut off?

Attachments

S

scottyb70

Audioholic Intern
What are the choices under control other than all? Is there an off?
Hey Just to let you know, I solved it. It was in the Denon not the TV, if I can remember correctly it was in the HDMI settings like lovingthehd mentioned. Thanks working now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis