Denon x4400h help or help in general

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Dealers aren't authorized by Denon to make repairs, especially if the piece is under warranty- for that, they have regional service centers. If you're in the Midwest, call Electronic Express in Chicago, a company that is authorized by most manufacturers.
I agree. As I said I highly doubt the dealer will actually change this board, but is doing him the courtesy of facilitating the repair. He may well get better and priority service from the repair center, if he is an authorized dealer then the OP would.

This is not a warranty repair by the way.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Ya 500 quoted to repair or well replace digital board .. I done pretty well with receivers at this particular auction but I didnt test it this time I always do . One time I dont lol .
If it were me I'd just buy a refurb from accessories4less.com and get a full 3 year warranty. Like @TLS Guy said , that might not be the only problem and for $400 more to get piece of mind, IMHO is worth it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you are going to buy used, A4L is probably a better bet. Apparently you do get 1 year warranty on those Denon refurbished units. $749.99 isn't bad for the newest model, the X3600H. It is a little less powerful than the AVR-X4400H but has the same 7.1.4 capability, same DAC, preamp/vol control etc. The heat sink layout also looks the same, seems like a huge upgrade from the AVR-X3400/3500H in terms of circuit boards/heat sink/transformer layout.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
My issue is I already have almost 600 invested into the item way to much for the 4400 another 450 that's over a grand risk I could get it fixed and it work.perfect for years or may break in a week maybe fix it and sell it then buy something under warranty I think I would still lose money but maybe a few hundred instead of 600

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
My issue is I already have almost 600 invested into the item way to much for the 4400 another 450 that's over a grand risk I could get it fixed and it work.perfect for years or may break in a week maybe fix it and sell it then buy something under warranty I think I would still lose money but maybe a few hundred instead of 600
Don't let your questionable decision effect your future ones.

B

bradley0001983

Junior Audioholic
Read this as often as necessary, then read it again!
Lol I buy alot at auction win some lose some I always come out ahead I got 2 polk a7s 2 polk a5s klipsch r14ms precision acoustics 15 inch sub polk r150s and a onkyo ht s 7800 for 850 canadian along with the denon x4400h everything else works perfect but yes I regret the 520 of it on the denon but was a risk I'd do again lol.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Lol I buy alot at auction win some lose some I always come out ahead I got 2 polk a7s 2 polk a5s klipsch r14ms precision acoustics 15 inch sub polk r150s and a onkyo ht s 7800 for 850 canadian along with the denon x4400h everything else works perfect but yes I regret the 520 of it on the denon but was a risk I'd do again lol.
Dude, I stay in my head too much. I was acknowledging the truth of that statement for myself first.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis