Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
Hi, im looking for floorstanding speakers. The options im see are this ones:
Dali zensor 5
Monitor Audio Silver 6
Kef q700
Psb imagine xt1
Jamo c95 II

The rest of my equipement is marantz 5012 connected to yamaha's rs700 main in. Its only for 2.0 music (without sub). The room its 10x12ft.

But if you say that the room its small this are the bookshelfs options.

New
Psb imagine xb (cheaper)
Cabasse antigua (cheaper)
Dynaudio emit 20
Canton gle 436.2
Monitor Audio Silver bx2
FOCAL 706

Second hand:
Dynaudio excite x12
Focal 806
Dali zensor 5

The problem its that the dealers are not from my city, and i cant make a travel to listen. So i have no other option that choose them from reviews or your recommendations.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It's pretty much impossible for someone to tell you the best option for you. Only you can do that for yourself.

In your situation, you will have to choose one.

Maybe get whatever is cheapest. Or, whatever would be the easiest to return if it does not work out for you.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
It's pretty much impossible for someone to tell you the best option for you. Only you can do that for yourself.

In your situation, you will have to choose one.

Maybe get whatever is cheapest. Or, whatever would be the easiest to return if it does not work out for you.
The problem its that i cant make an audition or returns (on my country isnt possible that)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The problem its that i cant make an audition or returns (on my country isnt possible that)
Well, you are gonna have to take a leap of faith and hope for the best!

If you don't like them, pass them to bedroom duty or see if a friend wants them, and try again.

On your list, you have "good" speakers, so the odds are in your favor.

If this were my list, I would probably go with the KEF, I have liked what I little I have heard from KEF. Maybe the Dali.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think @ryanosaur has some hands on experience with the MA Silvers and he really liked them. Of the bunch those are the ones that stand out to me too. The rest I know very little about.

If you're not using a sub I think I'd go with towers even if it's a small room. That's me tho, I need some bass, lol.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think @ryanosaur has some hands on experience with the MA Silvers and he really liked them. Of the bunch those are the ones that stand out to me too. The rest I know very little about.

If you're not using a sub I think I'd go with towers even if it's a small room. That's me tho, I need some bass, lol.
Indeed, big fan of the Silver 500 and 300 towers... newer generation than the Silver 6.
Considering MA just redid the Gold line this past year, I'm half expecting that we might see a new Silver update soon. (FWIW)

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The rest of my equipement is marantz 5012 connected to yamaha's rs700 main in. Its only for 2.0 music (without sub). The room its 10x12ft.
o_O Why do you have a Marantz AVR connected to a Yamaha stereo receiver???

Also, are you located in Argentina?

What speakers are you using now?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
o_O Why do you have a Marantz AVR connected to a Yamaha stereo receiver???

Also, are you located in Argentina?

What speakers are you using now?
I have connected the preouts of the marantz to the main in of the yamaha rs700, so the yamaha acts like a power amp
Now i have a jamo c93, and yes im from Argentina

Also change the bx2 (not available any more) to monitor Audio Silver 1.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
When you say your room is 10x12, is that including the kitchen area, or just the living room area? Since it's an open room, you should include the kitchen area?

What is lacking in your current speakers that you want to change?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Again, why are you using two receivers? I don't understand.

Before upgrading your Jamos, you might work on speaker placement and room acoustics. It appears to be a reflective room.

A large rug would be a good start.

You might also consider moving the TV & stereo to the other wall and have it all facing the kitchen. Have the couch away from the side wall and out in the middle of the room toward the kitchen.

Right now you have a reflective wall on the right side, no reflections on the left (kitchen) side, a reflective floor and ceiling, and a semi-reflective surface right behind your couch.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
Again, why are you using two receivers? I don't understand.

Before upgrading your Jamos, you might work on speaker placement and room acoustics. It appears to be a reflective room.

A large rug would be a good start.

You might also consider moving the TV & stereo to the other wall and have it all facing the kitchen. Have the couch away from the side wall and out in the middle of the room toward the kitchen.

Right now you have a reflective wall on the right side, no reflections on the left (kitchen) side, a reflective floor and ceiling, and a semi-reflective surface right behind your couch.
One is like a power amp and the other like a pre amp. This way the fronts has more power

I cant change the place of the tv because the distance from the couch to the tv its to short for a 65"tv that way you are saying. And also the plugs (electricity) are all on that side.

I already will buy a rug and behind the couch i have a window with a blockout courtain. And the wall side i have a painting.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
In a room that size, with those speakers, and with a subwoofer, you have no need for an external amp for the front two speakers. The "more power" to your fronts will never be needed or used.

You'd be better off just using the Marantz for all speakers and using its crossover to the subwoofer (if you aren't already doing so).

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Also, the way you have it now, you have two amps stacked on top of each other in an enclosed space. That will generate a lot of extra heat. One receiver there would give more space for heat to dissipate.

As for the painting on the wall, you would need a lot more than that to make it somewhat symmetric with the complete lack of a wall on the left side.

You would only need a few feet of power cables to move the entire setup to the wall with the lion artwork.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
In a room that size, with those speakers, and with a subwoofer, you have no need for an external amp for the front two speakers. The "more power" to your fronts will never be needed or used.

You'd be better off just using the Marantz for all speakers and using its crossover to the subwoofer (if you aren't already doing so).
The fronts are connected to the yamaha and the subwoofer, center and rears are connected to the marantz. And also i run Audyssey and the crossover its 80.

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
Also, the way you have it now, you have two amps stacked on top of each other in an enclosed space. That will generate a lot of extra heat. One receiver there would give more space for heat to dissipate.

As for the painting on the wall, you would need a lot more than that to make it somewhat symmetric with the complete lack of a wall on the left side.

You would only need a few feet of power cables to move the entire setup to the wall with the lion artwork.
Yes, i know that stocking like that runs hot. But its temporary, i bought the yamaha on a very very good price.

I have to connect 7 devices to electricity. Its not possible to move to that wall. Also the tv its to close to my couch if i move like you say. Its a 65" tv.

The big picture to my upgrade its to have a better stereo equiment and a basic multichanel.
So my idea its first upgrade the fronts (musical ones) and the upgrade the yamaha rs700 to an integrad amplifier with ht bypass.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
The speakers you listed aren't much of an upgrade over what you have now.

You don't need towers in a room that size, especially if you already have a subwoofer.

The weakness of your system is the room first, then maybe the subwoofer, then the speakers.

I don't know what you mean by "more musical." That is too vague to mean anything except to reviewers who get paid to use words.

If you got the Yahama at a great price, maybe you can sell it for a profit? :cool:

There is no need to "upgrade" the Yamaha to an integrated amplifier. Who is giving you this (bad) advice?

T

Trunksleo

Audioholic Intern
The speakers you listed aren't much of an upgrade over what you have now.

You don't need towers in a room that size, especially if you already have a subwoofer.

The weakness of your system is the room first, then maybe the subwoofer, then the speakers.

I don't know what you mean by "more musical." That is too vague to mean anything except to reviewers who get paid to use words.

If you got the Yahama at a great price, maybe you can sell it for a profit? :cool:

There is no need to "upgrade" the Yamaha to an integrated amplifier. Who is giving you this (bad) advice?
Yes, but the subwoofer its going to be hook up to the marantz for movies, not for music, so that why i dont care with the subwoofer. I prefer a 2.0 for music.

The only correction i can make to the room its put a rug, may be on the future call some profesional to make an improvement on a room. But thats its the last thing when i will have the "final equipement".

The "more musical" its because for ex that klipsch its more for movies and focal its more musical than for movies.

Thats the idea with the yamaha, sell it or trade in to buy a better integrated amplifier.

So my idea its to improve to a better 2.0 and a basic multichanel.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis